Me and my colleagues recently stayed here a few days throughout a short trip in Scotland. The hotel itself captures the essence of the city through its unique location and architecture - warm and welcoming staff especially at breakfast cause as far as I remember Athena and Dimitris were always above us ready to help our needs . We loved the spacious rooms. I only wish we could have stayed longer and we hope to return. I am so glad that we chose The Caledonian. I will definitely recommend the hotel to my friends.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian, or the "Caley" as it has become affectionately known among Edinburgh folk, was and still is the epitome of style and excellence. The large, rose-coloured Permian sandstone facade, quarried in Dumfries, dominates the skyline of the city's west end. The hotel has not only remained a focal point for more than one hundred years, but a symbol of the very best of Scottish hospitality. The Caley's pivotal position at the very heart of Edinburgh has always been its greatest asset. Created out of the 19th century railway boom, the five star hotel is looking to the future with confidence and pride in its ability to keep pace with the times. The hotel's reputation is as justified now as it was when the hotel first opened its doors in 1903. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Booking.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton International Edinburgh
- Hilton Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Hilton
- Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian Scotland