We stayed in Edinburgh rather than Glasgow for the recent Commonwealth Games and chose the Waldorf Astoria based on reviews. The location of the hotel was brilliant, close to everything we needed/wanted and within walking distance of the shops and . We upgraded the room and found the amenities to be of the standard one would expect. We chose not to pay the £20pp for breakfast but decided to go next door to The Huxley where it was half the price but did not compromise on quality/taste. We did not use the spa/ pools etc as we were only around for the weekend and had other planned activities, but other guests were overheard in the lovely Peacock Lounge, to be saying that it was a very enjoyable experience for themselves. We expected to find more than 2 teabags and small shower-gels/ shampoo etc than was provided by the hotel, that said, what we were given, were all good. I guess the fact that we are planning to return to the same hotel again proves that we were satisfied and can be used as a recommendation in itself.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian, or the "Caley" as it has become affectionately known among Edinburgh folk, was and still is the epitome of style and excellence. The large, rose-coloured Permian sandstone facade, quarried in Dumfries, dominates the skyline of the city's west end. The hotel has not only remained a focal point for more than one hundred years, but a symbol of the very best of Scottish hospitality. The Caley's pivotal position at the very heart of Edinburgh has always been its greatest asset. Created out of the 19th century railway boom, the five star hotel is looking to the future with confidence and pride in its ability to keep pace with the times. The hotel's reputation is as justified now as it was when the hotel first opened its doors in 1903. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotelopia and TravelUp so you can book your Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton International Edinburgh
- Hilton Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Hilton
- Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian Scotland