Perhaps due to the heritage of the hotel the hotel seems a little worn down. We booked two rooms of the same rate but the sizes were totally different. There was no complementary water perhaps because people just drink out of the tap but they were available upon calling housekeeping. Having said that, the concierge was informative and the service was good. We can walk to almost everywhere including the castle and the shopping district.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian, or the "Caley" as it has become affectionately known among Edinburgh folk, was and still is the epitome of style and excellence. The large, rose-coloured Permian sandstone facade, quarried in Dumfries, dominates the skyline of the city's west end. The hotel has not only remained a focal point for more than one hundred years, but a symbol of the very best of Scottish hospitality. The Caley's pivotal position at the very heart of Edinburgh has always been its greatest asset. Created out of the 19th century railway boom, the five star hotel is looking to the future with confidence and pride in its ability to keep pace with the times. The hotel's reputation is as justified now as it was when the hotel first opened its doors in 1903. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hilton EMEA, TravelUp, Odigeo, Priceline, Ebookers, Ctrip TA, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton International Edinburgh
- Hilton Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Hilton
- Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian Scotland