What a great place to stay! Both the bars, The Caley & Peacock Alley, have plenty of charm, the later maintaining some originality from the old train station. Both restaurants are also excellent, breakfast at the brasserie being a defiant highlight, and a meal at the Pompadour just outstanding.
Service throughout the hotel is just top class, staff are extremely helpful & attentive!
As for the rooms, we stayed in the Sir Walter Scott Suite, and it could not be faulted. Very spacious & comfortable, all the amenities you would expect, with a great view of the castle!
Why stay elsewhere in Edinburgh???
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian, or the "Caley" as it has become affectionately known among Edinburgh folk, was and still is the epitome of style and excellence. The large, rose-coloured Permian sandstone facade, quarried in Dumfries, dominates the skyline of the city's west end. The hotel has not only remained a focal point for more than one hundred years, but a symbol of the very best of Scottish hospitality. The Caley's pivotal position at the very heart of Edinburgh has always been its greatest asset. Created out of the 19th century railway boom, the five star hotel is looking to the future with confidence and pride in its ability to keep pace with the times. The hotel's reputation is as justified now as it was when the hotel first opened its doors in 1903. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotelopia, Booking.com, Priceline and TravelUp so you can book your Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton International Edinburgh
- Hilton Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Hilton
- Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian Scotland