I travelled to Edinburgh with very optimistic expectations regarding the hotel - sounded as a good in shape hotel with special sevices - but unfortunaltely I could not find it; Just the fact that one has to wait for at least 10 minutes at the entrance without anyone taking care and notice and helping at the check-in is very frustrating; that at the later check in and check out the guest is standing while the host is sitting is a bit diversed split of role, but is very significant for the "service". If you finally get service, the staff is friendly.
The rooms are not really state of the art - I had to change the room due to heavy street noise - fine service, I could change - but as such I had two rooms for instance and both without a personal safe; the TVs programm are very poor and the quality of the TV either. It all is more old-fashioned than being up with the time. I am sorry - despite the good location in the city I will probably not come back;
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Howard is a small and discreet hotel which occupies three Georgian houses. A classically elegant hotel both outside and in, it has just 18 luxury rooms and suites. Located by Waverley train station, situated just off Princes Street. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, Hotel.de, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Howard reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Howard Hotel Edinburgh
- Howard Hotel Edinburgh
- Howard Edinburgh
- The Howard Edinburgh, Scotland