we stayed for three nights for our honeymoon and had such a lovely time. the staff were all so friendly and really attentive without being in your face and nothing seemed to be too much trouble for them. The hotel looks elegant and the atmosphere is quiet and refined but despite appearances it is quite relaxed and not at all stuffy - we were made to feel very welcome from the moment we arrived. The room was a good size, very clean and well furnished. Absolutely fantastic service from the butlers too - as an example we struggled to work the TV (due to a loose wire connection) and had to get a butler to come and fix it. He sorted it in less than 2 minutes but still gave us a free bottle of wine because he felt we'd been inconvenienced. Love the fact that you can get trays of (proper) tea and coffee with homemade shortbread - at any time of the day or night. We are already planning to come back for our first anniversary and we can't wait.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Howard is a small and discreet hotel which occupies three Georgian houses. A classically elegant hotel both outside and in, it has just 18 luxury rooms and suites. Located by Waverley train station, situated just off Princes Street. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, LateRooms, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Howard reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Howard Hotel Edinburgh
- Howard Hotel Edinburgh
- Howard Edinburgh
- The Howard Edinburgh, Scotland