At the moment we arrived at the hotel three butlers took our luggage and placed it in our room, and offered to bring us coffee and tea even before we stepped into our room. the room was huge, the mattress was comfortable, the bed covers were soft. finally an hotel where the soap, liquid shampoo and conditioner are actually real and not just colored differently. oh yeah, and they smelled wonderfully. the staff very nice and helpful. morning tea and coffee was a very nice touch, breakfast was fantastic, the three course dinner was spot on, excellent risotto, the fillet meat was cooked to perfection every time. the butler who served us dinner at our room was really nice and very accommodating, at some point after he saw that i proposed to my girlfriend, and surprised us with complimentary champagne (fantastic service). before we left i asked the hotel for help getting the rental car from Waverly station to the hotel, the head butler (Andrew) escorted us to the train station, paid for our taxi, waited with us for a long while until we got the car, drove us to the hotel and on the way he explained about local traffic signs and how to drive on the right side of the car and on the left side of the road. his help made my trip a whole lot easier. Andrew you rock!
There are a couple of little things that could be fine tuned: on arrival there were some hairs inside the bath which were not ours. when we had a private dinner inside the room there were long delays between courses considering we just landed after a long flight, at one point when the butler brought us one of the dishes he smelt of cigarette smoke, which is a rather not nice when dining especially since the hotel is non smoking. However we were there to have fun and certainly did, and these things were not big issues for us.
I highly recommend trying The Howard. dont miss it :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Howard is a small and discreet hotel which occupies three Georgian houses. A classically elegant hotel both outside and in, it has just 18 luxury rooms and suites. Located by Waverley train station, situated just off Princes Street. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Choice Hotels, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Howard reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Howard Hotel Edinburgh
- Howard Hotel Edinburgh
- Howard Edinburgh
- The Howard Edinburgh, Scotland