I stayed for just one night...but it was NICE. For 100 pounds, I got a single room including a full cooked breakfast. I arrived really early, but they were able to get me in my room within 20 minutes (they provided tea and brownies while I waited). More attention than I'm used to getting at hotels. The porter took my bags and the butler showed me the room and its features. My room was elegant and the bathroom was really wonderful (giant dinner-plate size shower head and really good toiletries along with slippers and a robe).
The room faced the front street and it was noisy (the street is cobble stone, so that made car noise even worse, but it did quiet down by bedtime).
I checked out and left my luggage while I explored. When I returned, my friends let me know they were arriving late, so the hotel provided me with another pot of tea and cookies while I waited in the "drawing room" for them to arrive.
I recommend staying here (when I got in the taxi at the train station, the driver responded "aren't you posh?" when I gave him the name of the hotel. It was nice to be pampered just a bit after a budget stay in London the week previous.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Howard is a small and discreet hotel which occupies three Georgian houses. A classically elegant hotel both outside and in, it has just 18 luxury rooms and suites. Located by Waverley train station, situated just off Princes Street. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Howard reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Howard Hotel Edinburgh
- Howard Hotel Edinburgh
- Howard Edinburgh
- The Howard Edinburgh, Scotland