We stayed at the Howard for three nights after a similar stay at Loch Lomond. We were expecting great things and we weren't disappointed. From the moment we arrived we were well looked after by the friendly and efficient staff who parked our car and whisked our luggage up to the room, while we enjoyed tea and homemade shortbread in the elegant drawing room.
We had booked a junior suite which was stunning - four poster bed, comfortable sitting area, superb bathroom. We dined in all three nights. Unfortunately the menu only changes monthly but the chef did offer to prepare something specially for us if we wanted more choice over our stay. This was not necessary as we found the food delicious and quite varied enough. The breakfasts were outstanding, no buffet here. All freshly prepared and brought to your table. The dining room is quite small and guest numbers varied between just the two of us on our first night to slightly cramped for our last breakfast.
We felt the location was fine, an uphill walk of 5-10 mins to Princes Street but downhill on the way back! There are a number of small art galleries and cafes nearby and the Howard is situated in what appears to be a largely residential street. We felt like we were staying with friends in their lovely Georgian home.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Howard is a small and discreet hotel which occupies three Georgian houses. A classically elegant hotel both outside and in, it has just 18 luxury rooms and suites. Located by Waverley train station, situated just off Princes Street. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Howard reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Howard Hotel Edinburgh
- Howard Hotel Edinburgh
- Howard Edinburgh
- The Howard Edinburgh, Scotland