The Howard Hotel was by far one of the classiest hotels we've stayed at worldwide and the best so far we've stayed at in the United Kingdom. I don't even know where to start.
We stayed in the Lauriston Suite which was very elaborately decorated without being too gawdy. The bed was a king size bed which was very comfortable. The living room area had a large couch and some chairs with a small television. This gave us plenty of space to unwind, have room service, unpack/pack, and served as a good reading area. The bathroom was tremendous and had a large clawfoot tub and seperate shower. The heated floors and towel rack were a godsend.
The butler service was incredible without being overbearing. They arranged reservations, served drinks, delivered room service, and even provided laundry/press service for our clothing. They also served afternoon tea in the drawing room which was a very nice touch with all of the finger sandwiches, pastries, and champange.
We also had breakfast and dinner at the The Atholl which is a small dining area/restaurant within The Howard. Breakfast was very good and provided us with all the energy we needed to walk around town . I recommend the Scottish Breakfast, Eggs and Smoked Salmon, or the Banana Crepe's. Dinner was also excellent and the wine list was extensive. The Beef Fillet and Lamb was incredible, as well as the potato dumpling appetizer. My wife and I also enjoyed a bottle of the Gevrey Burgundy....twice... :)
Overall our stay was incredible and the City of Edinburgh left a warm spot in our hearts for The Howard, City of Edinburgh, and it's people. The Scottish people were very friendly and very curious about America even though we have a lot in common and are a very young country compared to Scotland. This was by far one of our best overseas trips we've taken and The Howard was the cherry on top.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Howard is a small and discreet hotel which occupies three Georgian houses. A classically elegant hotel both outside and in, it has just 18 luxury rooms and suites. Located by Waverley train station, situated just off Princes Street. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Splitty, TripOnline SA, Lastminute, Expedia, Hotels.com, LateRooms, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Howard reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Howard Hotel Edinburgh
- Howard Hotel Edinburgh
- Howard Edinburgh
- The Howard Edinburgh, Scotland