Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa
Orbitz.com
US$125
US$107
  • Pool
Murrayfield Hotel and House(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$122
Orbitz.com
US$611
Hotels.com
3,086 results
All reviewsthe club loungemood lightingcastle viewrooftop poolthermal suitesquare restaurantlighting systemusher halledinburgh castlemodern hotelhotel barprinces streetfantastic hotelroyal milespghydropoolconcierge
Reviewed 29 July 2011

a stunning hotel,location for all site,s.excellent service,big light airy room,s.ery well serviced room,s exstreamly clean in all area,s.but the staff attention was excellent.just what you would expect from a grand hotel as this one is.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
SheratonEdinburgh, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2011

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on Trip Advisor. I am of course delighted that you enjoyed your stay. I have shared your kind words with my colleagues to serve as encouragement to them.
Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back to Edinburgh and the Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa in the very near future.
Kind regards.

Reviewed 29 July 2011

The hotel was a good walk to the Castle, but not bad. We had a twin bedded room with castle view, great view of castle. Beds and decor was nice. Coffee in room horrible powder stuff. Loved the A/C! I hated the light system, to weird! could not get bathroom lights to go on unless you turn on all the lights, which would wake up my friend when I had to go in the middle of night. LOVED the soaps and shampoos, towels. Only thing that was wrong are the lights! which I hated. LOVE the SPA! Took taxi back to Airport, 16 pounds. I would stay again if I could get a good deal.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 July 2011

I recently flew to Glasgow for a family wedding but knew I wanted to be in Edinburgh for some of my trip so I booked a room at the Sheraton Grand. It is quite central to everything whether you are there for business or pleasure. The Prince's Street Gardens is only about a 5 minute walk away and there are loads of pubs and restaurants around.
At check-in we knew we picked the right hotel. The gentleman that checked us in was so helpful and nice and best of all sincere!! He chatted with us and helped us make some decisions about getting to England from there. He was fantastic!! Each time we went to the desk during our stay we were greeted by the warmest friendliest people you could ask for. Our room was amazing! It was rather large (considering how small rooms seem to come in the UK) wth 2 twin beds a massive bathroom with a shower stall and tub and it was soo clean. It smelled nice and loked nice. Everything was in place and seems to have been remodeled not to long ago. Our view was nothing to write home about, but who needs a view when you only really spend your time in the room sleeping. We ordered room service one night and the food was not only very fast but VERy good, tasty, even though they forgot our salad which came with the mean...we let that slide. The hotel has a computer in the lobby free for guest use which is becoming very rare and is a very nice touch.
Overall I can say that this is the nicest Sheraton I have ever stayed at! Ever...and I was once a Starwood employee so I have stayed in quite a few :)

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Mandy79
SheratonEdinburgh, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2011

Dear Guest
Thank you for sharing your comments with everyone after your recent stay with us. It was a pleasure to read and share your review with the team here. It is only through constructive feedback from our guests that we are able to maintain the highest of standards. Customer care is the cornerstone of our business and every customer is important to us.
I do hope that you will visit the Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa again at which time a warm welcome will be waiting for you.
Yours sincerely

Reviewed 28 July 2011

This is my all time favourite Hotel in Edinburgh.And now even more so since the referb of the bedrooms they are super.They i believe are working there way through the rest this year.However for me it is the Spa that wins it .The best we have been to and we have been to a lot.Not the treatments even though they are good ,we go for the heat experience and the rooftop huge jacuzzi.the pool is lovely and the changing facility's good, and they aren't stingy with towels. The only complaint if i had to have one is more a suggestion really.Please do a poolside drink service and food preferably.There are super seating and tables around the pool that could be put to better use and a good revenue stream.It is frustrating when your there for a long time that you have to break off and go wet to the restaurant/cafe.But please don't go i don't want it to get to busy.We try to go a couple of times a year but this for is pricy as it's quite a distance from Yorkshire, i would like to call it my local.

Room Tip: As far as we have found they are much of a muchness you get the better /bigger if you like the more you pay
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends

Dear Guest
Further to your recent stay with us, I would like to thank you for sharing your experiences with others and your loyalty to us. I am delighted that you enjoy your stays with us in our recently refurbished rooms. I agree that One Spa is unique and our Thermal Suite is a great way to relax and unwind.
Once again many thanks for taking the time to post these comments, and we look forward to welcoming you back to Edinburgh and the Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa.
Warm regards.

Reviewed 28 July 2011

Was fortunate to stay at the Sheraton for two nights whilst on a business trip. This is the one of the best Sheraton's I've stayed in.

The room was very large with a massive bed. The bathroom had mood lighting of different colours, very nice when you slip into a bubble bath.

The best tip I can offer is take your swimmers. The pool is fantastic! It's on one of the higher floors and has the best view over Edinburgh, for a extra couple of pounds, you can enjoy the spa area as well.

Highly recommend if you can afford it or if work is picking up the bill!

Room Tip: Join the Sheraton reward club and often you will get upgraded
  • Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business

Dear Guest
Thank you for sharing your comments with everyone regarding your recent stay with us here in Edinburgh. I am delighted that you enjoyed yourself and made time to relax at One Spa.
We hope it’s not too long before we can welcome you back to Edinburgh and the Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa, where a very warm welcome will be waiting for you.
Kind regards.