Just spent a couple of nights at the Sheraton whilst visiting Edinburgh. Effectively a freebie weekend as I had enough Starwood points to cover the accommodation cost. Not cheap for a room otherwise but you will be paying for quality. Everywhere looks new and clean. The rooms are stylish and we are massive fans of the Starwood king bed - a good nights sleep guaranteed. Efficient, quiet, air conditioning/climate control. Hotel is centrally located - only a 3 minute walk to Princes Street. Loads of pubs/restaurants within easy walking distance. Parking on site for 2 nights cost £18. Don't suppose I can complain about that given city centre location. View from our room uninspiring but in any event this was not a sit out on the balcony sort of weekend.
Only other gripe, and it's a minor one. Power shower is lacking a bit of power. Not sure whether this was due to water supply problem over this particular weekend as a message was posted on our tv by hotel management referring to a a problem that the in house engineers were trying to put right. Nice bar area with pleasant staff working the tables. Wife had a facial in the Spa and said it was really good. Didn't eat in the hotel as breakfast not included in the rate.
We have stayed in quite a few Starwood hotels in Europe and this is probably one of the better ones. The hotel is still looking very fresh and stylish following a serious refurbishment. Would have no problem staying here again
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sheraton Grand has been Edinburgh's gathering place for many years and it is the perfect place to discover this unique destination. From the moment you set foot inside the granite-floored lobby, you'll feel welcome. One Square, our restaurant and bar, serves a delicious range of classic British dishes all day long, while our beautiful bedrooms blend contemporary comfort and Scottish materials with cutting-edge technology. Of course, some things at the Sheraton have always been unbeatable, from One Spa's iconic rooftop Hydropool, to the breath-taking views of Edinburgh Castle. We can't wait to share them with you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Southall Travel, Expedia, Starwood EMEA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Grand Hotel Edinburgh
- Sheraton Grand Hotel And Spa
- Sheraton Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Grand Hotel Sheraton
- Edinburgh Sheraton Spa
- Sheraton Spa Edinburgh
- Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa Edinburgh, Scotland