My wife and I spent a very relaxing weekend in the Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa. The location is superb, close to Princes Street shopping, numerous buses stop beside the hotel so getting around is never going to be a problem, particularly when an all day bus ticket is only £3.50. The airport express bus stops a couple of hundred yards from the hotel. Our taxi from Edinburgh Waverly station was less than £7.
There are two entrances to the Hotel: the pedestrian one at Festival Square and vehicular around the corner. The lobby sets the tone for the hotel: big, bright, and beautifully decorated. Reception staff are very welcoming indeed. We arrived early, but this was no problem at all. Our bags were taken, and Ignacio promised to telephone when the room was available. We went out for a walk, and sure enough, we had a call from the hotel.
On returning to the hotel, we collected room keys, our bags had been placed in the room, and we were given a rundown of what to expect from our Club floor room.
A clever touch is that guests have to swipe a room key in the loft to access the guest rooms. This adds to the security of the hotel.
Club rooms are on the 7th floor, and ours was almost beside the lounge.
Many reviewers have mentioned the mood lighting in the rooms, and after some initial bemusement were very pleased with the results. The room had many nice touches: glasses were in a compartmentalised drawer, illuminated wardrobe, reasonably priced movies and minibar (other hotels please note), to name just a few. The bathroom was well appointed with both shower and tub, and mood lighting extended here too. Bottled water was provided, and unusually was replenished each day.
The Club Lounge is open from 0700hrs to 2200hrs for soft drinks, snacks and tea//coffee. I particularly enjoyed the espresso in the lounge. There is complimentary internet access and two PC terminals with printing facility, which is useful for those who wish to work.
Canapes and drinks are served between 1730hrs and 1930hrs. A good selection of alcoholic drinks are served and the range of canapes is of a very high standard. The lounge serves a continental breakfast until 10.00am. This consisted of fresh fruit, cold meats, cheese, cereals, breads, pastries and one hot item (changed each day). All were of a very high standard. The lounge staff were very pleasant and helpful indeed, and made the visits even more enjoyable.
The cooked breakfast in the One Square restaurant is available to Club Floor guests for a nominal additional charge (£3!!). The hot items were of a similar high standard, and well worth the extra charge.
We were hugely impressed with One Spa. Robes and towels were offered on entrance, and we were invited to help ourselves if we needed replacements later. The pool area is huge with two jacuzzi baths which were very relaxing indeed. The thermal suite contains a range of saunas and steam rooms with various rain/cold fog showers. All were lovely and were a great way to relax. The highlight of the spa must be the rooftop pool. Warm jets of water cascading along with a whirlpool effect. Even on a cool afternoon, it was a lovely way to while away the time.
The bedroom was very comfortable, just sitting and watching tv or reading was very relaxing. A lovely touch was a tray of chocolate and chocolate popcorn together with a personally signed welcome note from the General Manager.
Overall, the Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa is the most pleasant hotel we have ever stayed in. So much so that we were happy to spend more time in the hotel than out exploring the sights and shopping of Edinburgh. Every member of staff we encountered was welcoming, friendly and genuinely pleased to speak to us.
What a magical experience we had. Well done all at the Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sheraton Grand has been Edinburgh's gathering place for many years and it is the perfect place to discover this unique destination. From the moment you set foot inside the granite-floored lobby, you'll feel welcome. One Square, our restaurant and bar, serves a delicious range of classic British dishes all day long, while our beautiful bedrooms blend contemporary comfort and Scottish materials with cutting-edge technology. Of course, some things at the Sheraton have always been unbeatable, from One Spa's iconic rooftop Hydropool, to the breath-taking views of Edinburgh Castle. We can't wait to share them with you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Grand Hotel Edinburgh
- Sheraton Grand Hotel And Spa
- Sheraton Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Grand Hotel Sheraton
- Edinburgh Sheraton Spa
- Sheraton Spa Edinburgh
- Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa Edinburgh, Scotland