“Superb”

Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa
Ranked #16 of 151 Hotels in Edinburgh
Reviewed 22 November 2013

I liked just about everything to do with my experience in this hotel. The service, from everyone, at all times, was excellent. It's uncommon to find uniformly excellent service across-the-board at a hotel, and I certainly did over the three days I spent there. The rooms are plush, very comfortable, quite spacious, and functional. The bathroom was big and very nice with the shower and bathtub, and "mood lights" that were a nice touch.

I was attending an event at the EICC, so very convenient in that regard - didn't have time for tourism, but seems to be generally well located as well (try the "Red Squirrel" pub close by).

While it is an expensive hotel, I wasn't "nickle-and-dimed" for small expenses that often happens in hotels - for example I wasn't charged for extra copies of a print-out I needed for a meeting, and when we hosted a meeting during breakfast, I didn't get charged for the coffee that some of the participants (besides me) had, even though they weren't staying in the hotel.

Well done, Sheraton, for an excellent, high-quality experience.

Reviewed 21 November 2013

Very clean, good service, very good breakfast and room service, nice lighting system in the rooms, great shower and bath and big comfortable bed.
The location is also good. I would certainly reccomend it to everyone

Reviewed 20 November 2013

I stayed at the Sheraton Grand for two nights recently when attending an conference at the nearby Edinburgh International Conference Centre. The hotel is extremely well located for such events, being less than 5 mins walk from EICC.

The doorman and staff at Reception on arrival were welcoming and efficient. Our room, with a great view of the Castle, was clean, comfortable and modern. The bed was huge and gave a good night's sleep. The bathroom was functional but the shower could have been more powerful. However, it's high time that high-end chain hotels like this provided free wifi for their customers and for this, I'm deducting a star.

Breakfast could be taken from an a la carte menu or the breakfast buffet (£20pp for those on room only). The buffet offered a wide range of well prepared hot and cold dishes, with tea and coffee served direct to the table. An anomaly with the bill when we shared a table with other conference delegates was quickly sorted out.

The bar is pleasant and well-staffed.

Check out was as efficient as check-in and I would not hesitate to return on a future visit to Edinburgh.

1  Thank Sandsy40
SheratonEdinburgh, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2013

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am delighted that you had a great stay and thank you for your very kind words.
We look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in Edinburgh.
Warm regards
Tristan Nesbitt

Reviewed 20 November 2013 via mobile

I stayed two nights at the Sheraton while in Edinburgh for business. The hotel is wonderful. The rooms were large and the ambiance reminded me more of a W than a Sheraton. Felt like I was in a higher end hotel.

The staff were really friendly and helpful. If you can try to get a room with a Castle view. Also, very much within walking distance of any tourist attractions. Extremely happy with my stay and I stay in many hotels.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Katieharbath
Reviewed 19 November 2013

The room was very nice, it was comfortable, clean and quiet. I got the impression that it had recently been refurbished. It had a bath and a separate shower, the shower had a large diameter shower head and the temperature was easy to control. The lighting in the room had different "moods", It seemed to be computer controlled and the bathroom was mostly multi-colour led strips and down lighters. The temperature of the room was difficult to control, it was supposed to be automatic and had a temperature display which didn't bear much resemblance to reality, either for the actual temperature of the room or the target temperature. Wi-fi was not free, it had to be paid for which for a hotel costing this much shouldn't be the case. I found the staff friendly and helpful. Breakfast was great. There was a pool which I used and a spa which was extra but worth it, it had an amazing hydopool on the roof in the open air with heated water with bubbles going through, very relaxing.

1  Thank Ludwig
Reviewed 19 November 2013

I stayed at the Sheraton Edinburgh on Sunday night, November 17, 2013. The hotel is well located, although a liitle far from the old town. The quality of the refurbished rooms is great, the service at the front desk very professional and the service in the restaurant and bar very pleasant. The quality of the food is a little disappointing. The food is traditional and heavy. Not very creative and healthy. When I have to be in Edinburgh again for business in the new town, then for sure I will stay at the Sheraton.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

Stayed at The Sheraton for 3 days and everything was more than what I expected.the staff were very helpful and the room so comfortable I was hard pushed to get out of bed for breakfast which had a really good selection

• Stayed: October 2013
SheratonEdinburgh, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

Dear Guest
Thank you for this superb five star review on Trip Advisor. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay, I genuinely appreciate your very kind words and comments. I agree that our Sheraton Sweet Sleeper beds that are in all of our bedrooms are extremely comfortable, and glad that you enjoyed our Scottish breakfast buffet.
Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Best regards