“Jewel in the Heart of Edinburgh,”

Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa
Ranked #16 of 150 Hotels in Edinburgh
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Jewel in the Heart of Edinburgh,”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

Staff Amazing, Rooms outstanding quality, must see spa best -world class, Hotels should take a leaf from the Sheraton as all staff are trained to a very high level.Room was of highest quality and hotel was stunning, Restaurant -Food Amazing, A Must See.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
SheratonEdinburgh, Executive Assistant Manager at Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Dear Guest
Thank you for this fantastic review. I am truly delighted that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay with us and really glad that you had such a great time. I am particularly delighted with the comments about the staff and service, which I will take great pleasure in sharing with everyone here.
Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.
Andre Brose
Executive Assistant Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (656)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Merseyside
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa for Valentines weekend, my husband booked this as a special treat. What a beautiful contemporary hotel, the room was very spacious and the bed very comfortable. Disappointed that the hotel charged for wi-fi in the room for each appliance. I have stayed in lower star hotels and it was part of the package. We did get round this, but that is not the point!!!!!

Not too keen on the toilet door/ bathroom being so open plan but that is just my opinion, my husband liked the design. Also the bath taps were incorrectly fitted. Hot water ran cold and cold ran hot!!!!

Valentine meal in the restaurant was so tasty & by the end of the meal, you were quite full. Service was very good, nothing too much trouble.

Breakfast - very good, lots of choice and even catered for my gluten free diet which was helpful.
Spa - husband booked a full body massage for me as a treat with Jamie, and I can honestly say it was one of the best I have ever had. It is a true luxury Spa area.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest
Thank you for this review on Trip Advisor. I am really pleased that overall you enjoyed your stay with us and had a great Valentine's weekend.
I am sorry to learn that the taps in the bathroom are incorrect, and I will ensure that these are fixed, thank you for bringing this to our attention.
On a positive note, I have also shared your very kind words with the team at One Spa and in particular Jamie, who will be equally pleased.
Thank you once again and we very much look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Andre Brose
Executive Assistant Manager
Chicago, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2014

We are currently staying in this hotel. The decor is clean, modern and luxurious without being stuffy. The hotel is big on technology. Our room has all sorts of light and sound gadgets that we do not understand in the slightest. The location is very nice in the theater district. Upscale, feels safe and easy to get to city center shops, restaurants and tourist sites.

Also, there is a great block next door with many Thai and Chinese restaurants.

The price is high, but this is by far the nicest hotel we have seen during our trip through Scotland (in several hotels). The only major downside is they charge for internet access, per device.

1 Thank Charles S
SheratonEdinburgh, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Dear Guest
Thank you for sharing these comments on your stay with us. I am unsure if you are still here, but I would be delighted to assist you with regards to the technology in your room. Please dial 0 on the phone for the Guest Service Centre and ask for the Duty Manager who would be delighted to help you.
I am glad that you are enjoying your time in Edinburgh and please do stop by the Reception desk as we would be delighted to meet you in person.
Warm regards
Murray Scott
Front Office Manager
Cambridge, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2014

Excellent hotel as you'd expect for the price. Lovely rooms, great bed, bar, location all great - you can't not like it. We had a Club Room which included internet access, continental breakfast, free soft drinks throughout the day and snacks and alcohol for two hours in the evening plus Spa entry. I think Club Level is well worth the extra if there's two of you and you're going to make good use of the free drinks, internet and Spa. Spa for two people will set you back £50 per day otherwise.

The Spa is lovely but the outside pool could do with being a bit hotter. I'm sure it's perfect in the summer but in the winter it just wasn't hot enough. Having also sampled the main hotel breakfast I'd say it's not worth the money, I think it was £17.50 Nice enough but not £17.50 nice.

The shower is marginally better than a watering can which was disappointing. Not up to the standard of the rest of the room. It wasn't faulty as we switched rooms due to another issue and the shower was just as weak in the second room so it's a feature of the hotel.

Lovely hotel and I'd stay there again.

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I booked this hotel the day before as a last minute get away. It was a Fantastic hotel, friendly, helpful staff and excellent value for money. The rooms were beautiful, we especially liked the mood lighting in the bathroom. I just wish we'd stayed for more than one night.

• Stayed January 2014
SheratonEdinburgh, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 14 February 2014
Dear Guests
Thank you for this fantastic review of your recent stay with us. I am truly delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope that you plan to come back in the near future.
Thank you once again, your kind words are very much appreciated.
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014

We arrived a little later than expected and were welcomed into the hotel with open arms. Check in was quick but not rushed - very friendly and great customer service. After dropping our bags in the room made our way to the bar - of course - for a quick bite to eat and a glass of wine, the food was wonderful and we were instantly made feel welcome. Check out the following morning was again quick, smooth and not rushed at all. All in all a great stay, we were just gutted we couldn't stay longer!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
SheratonEdinburgh, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
Dear Guest
Thank you for this amazing five star review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us from start to finish and thank you also for the recommendation.
We look forward to welcoming you back when you plan your next trip to Edinburgh.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2014 via mobile

The hotel is simply stunning. The rooms are spacious and the beds extremely comfortable. The staff could not do enough for you, so friendly and attentive. The spa is also a must, it is the perfect place to unwind with every amenity possible. The Sheraton is also in an ideal location. Cannot wait to return!

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
SheratonEdinburgh, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Dear Guest
Thank you for this fantastic five star review on Trip Advisor. I am truly delighted that you enjoyed every aspect of your recent stay with us and had a great time in Edinburgh. I am also delighted that you found time to relax and unwind at One Spa. I have already shared your very kind words with the teams here and look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Warm regards