“Three nights”

Ranked #16 of 149 Hotels in Edinburgh
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Three nights”
Reviewed 16 March 2014

We have just spent three nights. The hotel is a 5star hotel. But has it's down sides. We had a club room with castle views which is great to see first thing in the morning. The service in the club lounge is first class but the breakfast really let's it down had to go out to get something to eat. Was disturbed at 8-45 in the morning by room service wanting to clean our room when my wife was still in the shower. Then when we got back in the afternoon they had not even serviced the room asked at reception to have room serviced and let us know when it was done. We had to ask hour and a half later if it was done.and finally on check out was not even asked if we enjoyed our stay. Not what I expect from a 5star hotel. Hilton gold members and looks like will be staying with Hilton group.

Room Tip: Get castle view.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
SheratonEdinburgh, Executive Assistant Manager at Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 19 March 2014
Dear Guest

Further to your recent stay with us at The Sheraton Grand Hotel and Spa, Edinburgh, I hope you had a safe and pleasant journey home. We would like to thank you sincerely for taking the time to provide us with feedback about your stay via Trip Advisor. Your comments are important to us and we genuinely appreciate it.

We are very sorry to learn that we fell behind on your expectations, and have passed your comments onto the teams here for review. We strive to ensure that all of our guests have an exceptional experience and we are not proud when we fail to delight a guest.

Once again, please accept our apologies for any inconveniences caused and hope we can welcome you back the Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa in the near future.

Best regards
Andre Brose
Executive Assistant Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (683)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Spent two nights in Edinburgh, one night in Apex International and one night in the Sheraton, the Sheraton is just ok. The Apex has a better location, better room with balcony looking onto the castle, the staff are just as good, and the food is excellent.
Sorry but I just did not get the 5 star feel good experience !!

fife, scotland
Reviewed 16 March 2014

this hotel has been upgraded since my last stay and WOW, is the only word to describe it.. we were in a castle view room, which was perfect. lovely bathroom, deep bath and separate shower and mood lighting. huge bed and fantastic view, massive plasma TV and spacious room. the One Square bar was nice in the evening and restaurant was amazing, food was superb. i cant wait for my next trip here, it is pricey, but worth it!!

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

Spent a totally relaxing day with friends in this wonderful spa. From the moment we arrived to the moment we left we were looked after so well and the treatments we had were fantastic. This was a spring spa day special and it was well worth the money. The treatment rooms are sublime and totally relaxing and the pool area and saunas etc are brilliant. Felt totally chilled. Best spa in Edinburgh.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
SheratonEdinburgh, Spa Director at Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Dear Guest
Thank you sincerely for this review of your recent visit to One Spa. I am delighted that you enjoyed your Spring Spa Day and that you felt completely relaxed after using the facilities.
Thank you once again for your very kind words that I will share with the team here.
Warm regards
Mark Perkins
Spa Director
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Stayed here with my wife in December for a shopping & spa break. Haven't got a bad word to say about the hotel or it's members of staff. they were fantastic from start to finish, and it really did feel like home from home. Can't wait to return to this hotel maybe later this year. Keep up the great work.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Carl H
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Having stayed a few times at this hotel, I was looking forward to my one night stay. I arrived at nearly midnight from the airport. Dean on reception recognised me from previous stays. On hearing I had been unwell prior to travelling, he offered to send water to my room. I was barely in the room, when room service arrived with two large bottles. It was greatly appreciated and it is small touches like this that put the Sheraton in a class of its own.

The next day my train for my onward journey was not until 2.30pm. Due to the hotel being fully booked for the rugby, the latest check out for my club room was 1pm. Dean on reception said I was welcome to use the public areas of the hotel whilst he would store my luggage.

As a woman travelling alone, the bar full of french rugby fans was quite intimidating but Dean arranged for a drink to be brought to me at the reception seating area. He also remembered me from a previous visit. They arranged my taxi to the station and took all the stress out of my entire stay. Even the concierges who helped me with my bags were friendly and extremely courteous.

This is hospitality at its best. Looking forward to my next visit already.

• Stayed March 2014
2 Thank Katabz
Bedfordshire, UK
Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

Second time here at the Sheraton and it really is a fantastic luxurious hotel. Staff very good, rooms well equipped and spotless. Everything you expect from a 5 star hotel.

Stayed on the club level which included Spa access. This is where it lost a point. Both days we were there the Spa had technical issues and wasn't operating properly. Using the spa was why I choose this hotel and paying in excess of £300 a night I felt very upset the Spa rooms were all cold. Gutting. I'm sure when it's all working it's top notch but not time unfortunately. Doubt i would pay that rate again.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
SheratonEdinburgh, Executive Assistant at Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Dear Guest

Further to your recent stay at the Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa, I would like to thank you sincerely for taking the time to email us and provided feedback about your stay. Your comments are important to us and we genuinely appreciate it.

I am sorry to learn that we fell behind your expectations with regards to the issue you encountered in the Thermal Suite at One Spa during your recent stay with us. We strive to ensure that all of our guests have an exceptional experience and we are not proud when we fail to delight a guest, however, this was an isolated situation outwith our control that took us completely by surprise, and I am sorry that this affected your stay.

Whilst we appreciate your very kind words regarding the rest of your stay, I am disappointed that you have left us with a negative opinion. This was not our intention and I do want to put it right. Therefore please can you contact me directly at alison.sproull@sheraton.com.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Warm regards