“Attractive Hotel in Edinburgh”

Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa
Ranked #15 of 149 Hotels in Edinburgh
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Attractive Hotel in Edinburgh”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We stayed 3 nights in May at this hotel. We had 2 Club rooms which had beautiful views of the castle, were well appointed and quite spacious. The breakfast and drinks in the club room where generally of a good standard, although the snacks in the evening were some nights disappointing. The service was good and the staff friendly.The hotel is situated a bit out of the bustle of the city which we enjoyed. My husband had a spa treatment which he rated very good. A very enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: Choose a club room the little extras make a difference.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (676)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Had a club room with castle view which was lovely and spacious. Drinks/canapes in the club room very good, spa fantastic and the overall service really good. 6 ladies (mixed ages) celebrating my 30th birthday and everyone thoroughly enjoyed it. Our deal included hot buffet breakfast which was good with plenty of choice. Looking forward to returning!!!

Room Tip: Club room with castle view!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
SheratonEdinburgh, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Dear Guest
Thank you for this superb five star review of your recent stay with us here in Edinburgh. I am delighted that you and your friends all enjoyed your stay, and we very much look forward to welcoming you all back when you are next in Edinburgh.
Thank you once again.
Dalgety bay
Reviewed 7 May 2014

What an excellent hotel. I've stayed here 3 times now and each time has been impossible to criticise.

The staff make you feel like you're the most important person there and the spa is just the most relaxing place I've ever been. We alway go for the club rooms which give free entry into the spa, plus 2 hrs of free drinks and canapes from 17:30-19:30 and a free continental breakfast in the morning. Spend about 4 hours each day bobbing around in the spa or soaking up the heat treatments.

The beds are massive and the pillows so comfortable my wife dismantled them to see who made them so we could buy some! For what it's worth, they're made for the Sheraton!! Gah! The club room bathrooms are so big they have a door at each end!

WELL worth the premium to stay there, without question.

Room Tip: choose a club room or upgrade to one to get the benefit of the club lounge (free drinks and canapes...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest
Thank you for this fantastic five star review and thank you for your continued loyalty to the Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa. I am delighted that you and your wife had such a good stay with us once again and you enjoyed all of the benefits of a Club Room including the Club Lounge and unlimited use of Escape at One.
I agree with you that the Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Beds are seriously comfortable, and I am delighted to share with you that you can purchase these and the accessories online at http://www.sheraton-hotelsathome.com
Thank you once again for this superb review and we look forward to welcoming you both back for your next trip to Edinburgh.
Kilmarnock, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

Had the club room with drinks in the executive lounge and spa access; room was a bit small but not really an issue if there for one night, drinks in the lounge could be improved if they had decent gin, charged extra for the cooked breakfast downstairs which is a bit needless as it is a fiver wonder why they bother really. Spa was fab. Need to get the room with softer closing doors as you can hear other rooms coming in and out. Bit annoying for this price of room.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Falkirk, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Spent an afternoon in the Spa and night in the hotel as a birthday treat and using a voucher for spa.

Hotel is a high standard and service very good, but not outstanding. Rooms nice, modern but again nothing outstanding, bed very good as was mood lighting but lack of separate light in toilet a bit of a pain. Some nice seating areas. Breakfast very good, although had to send back overcooked eggs benedict.

Spa is very good, but pricey especially as you need to pay to use it even if a guest at already fairly high rates. Also "rooftop" very disappointing. There are many outstanding roof top views in Edinburgh this is not one of them,

Five star for me means faultless, this is four an a half.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Keith W
SheratonEdinburgh, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Dear Guest
Thank you for your reviewing your recent stay with us. I am sorry to read that overall we did not live up to your expectations and that you were disappointed with the view from the hydropool at One Spa.
I have passed on your comments to the team here for review and thank you once again for highlighting these points to us.
Thank you once again and we hope to welcome you back when you are next in Edinburgh.
Ellon, Aberdeenshire
Reviewed 5 May 2014

My friend and I wanted to treat ourselves to a night away in a plush hotel as a belated 50th birthday treat. Having stayed at the Sheraton before and been very impressed, I had no hesitation in booking us a twin bedded room here for our celebrations. However, the hotel made an error with our booking and we were given a room with a king size bed. When I rang reception, the best they could offer was a bottle of champagne and two single duvets. I suggested they also give us dinner in the hotel restaurant which they did. The staff were very apologetic but I do find it difficult to accept that a hotel of the size and calibre of the Sheraton could not find another room with a bed that could be made into two! I shouldn't complain about a free meal but my first course looked so unappealing when it arrived, I couldn't bring myself to eat it - presentation is everything guys! And having requested French mustard, the young waitress eventually returned with what was definitely English mustard. I did ask her to check but she assured me it was French. Sorry - but there is a difference! Little gripes perhaps, but not what one would expect from an upmarket hotel like this. My friend and I ended up having a laugh about our sleeping arrangements - thank goodness we know each other well - but I do wonder what the hotel would have done if our sharing had been out of the question or we had been two business colleagues.. Would I stay here again? Only if I could be guaranteed that the room arrangement I ask for is definitely available.Oh, and one more thing. Mood lighting in one's room is all well and good but jolly confusing! Less can most certainly be more!

Room Tip: Make double sure you get the room type you have requested!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
SheratonEdinburgh, Executive Assistant at Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to share your views of your recent stay with us. I have emailed you directly as suggested to apologise for the inconvenience you experienced and I look forward to hearing back from you.
Alison Sproull
Executive Assistant
Nottingham
Reviewed 28 April 2014

HI me and my sisters have just came back from visiting you're hotel. We loved it. The staff are so friendly. The staff in the club lounge are soo kind and always ready to help. There was a young man by the name of joan we would like to thank you for you're amazing service we recieved from you for our 3 day stay. The spa was very clean and friendly. The only thing I would say could be improved was the menu for gluten free clients, as there was only bread, and you had to ask for it. Would definitely go back to this hotel, and will be recommending it to everybody I talk to thats visiting SCOTLAND. Thank you. Mrs Davis. 25th to 28th april 2014.

Room Tip: The best rooms are the 7th floor as you get access to the club lounge, and can use the spa facilitie...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family