Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa
  • Breakfast included
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Bar/Lounge
3,059 results
All reviewsthe club loungemood lightingcastle viewrooftop poolthermal suitesquare restaurantlighting systemusher halledinburgh castlemodern hotelhotel barprinces streetfantastic hotelroyal milespghydropoolconcierge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Together with my wife and another couple , one of which was celebrating her Birthday , we had a very nice experience. The service was prompt ,courteous and the food was excellent. I had probably one the tastiest beef burgers I have ever tried and the dessert was incredibly good!

The manager who I met briefly did an excellent job of seeing to our needs and I would highly recommend the Sheraton Restaurant for anyone who would like a nice dinner in a very comfortable environment. I hope these high standards continue. The winner for me was to see the smiles from the staff the whole time we were there. As I for one can not tolerate rude staff. Keep it up guys!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
SheratonEdinburgh, F&B Manager at Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Dear Guest
Thank you for this fantastic review of your recent meal at our restaurant, One Square. I am delighted that you enjoyed your dining experience for this special occasion and thank you for your very kind words regarding the team, I will share these with them.
Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.
Ross Clark
Food & Beverage Manager

Reviewed 8 August 2014

Stayed here a while ago but memorable a one of the best hotels we have ever stayed in. Very friendly staff and outstanding food. Beautiful surroundings. The concierge even got us good tickets for the Tattoo and gave advice on how to get there. He told us to go early and rang the room to remind us when we hadn't left.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
SheratonEdinburgh, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Dear Guest
Thank you sincerely for this wonderful five star review of your recent stay with us. I am delighted that you had a great stay, and managed to get tickets for the tattoo which I am sure you enjoyed. Thank you for your very kind words that I will take great pleasure in sharing with the team here, in particular the Concierge Team.
Thank you also for the recommendation and we look forward to welcoming you back.
Tristan Nesbitt

Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

Booked a break in the city centre with my partner to get a break from home on arrival to the hotel staff where very friendly and helpful.
Had a few drinks and went to the fringe so was a bit drunk when getting back tot the hotel phoned for room service about 2am when staff arrived they knocked in the door then proceeded to basically barge right into the room where my fiancée was lying on the bed in her under wear she was mortified no sorry from staff he just proceeded to pour out drinks into glasses.
Around 4am the fire alarms started going off in the building for no apparent reason waking both us up even as we lay in a boozy deep sleep.
9am there was a knock at the door which i ignored then someone came into my room using a a key card then quickly went back out.
As we checked out we where asked about out stay i explained every thing that had fine in only for a hastily sorry from the staff member in the plus side we booked through late rooms getting the room half price part from that the room was great and very up to date.

• Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 3 August 2014

This is a lovely hotel, however the room we had just looked out onto other buildings and was not that great. The bed was very comfortable but the room was not very spacious. The spa is superb and the indoor/outdoor pool is great, to be able to swim outside and overlook the city was great fun.
The biggest down side though was the fact that we had to pay for internet access. This is a pricey 5 star hotel and they really need to have free WiFi for guests.
I am getting to the stage where I do not wish to stay anywhere that does not offer this as I need it to keep in touch with business matters and also to plan daily activities, search for local restaurants etc.
The location is good but I think I will stay elsewhere next time I visit this wonderful city

Room Tip: Chose a room with a castle view...yes they charge a premium for it sadly.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
SheratonEdinburgh, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Dear Guest
Thank you for reviewing your stay with us in January. I am pleased that you enjoyed most aspects of your stay, and I can confirm that we now offer complimentary wifi to all guests.
Thank you for your comments and we hope to welcome you back when you are next in Edinburgh.
Tristan Nesbitt

Reviewed 3 August 2014

We were given a gin tasting voucher and went along in June not knowing what to expect. We had a thoroughly enjoyable couple of hours and discovered a couple of really nice gins that were completely new to us. Also how to add different twists instead of usual lemon or lime. Our batman Alastair was so enthusiastic and knowledgeable but so nice as well, he makes a mean cocktail too!
If you want to try something different in lovely surroundings without pretensions give it a try

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
SheratonEdinburgh, Food & Beverage Manager at Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Dear Guest
Thank you for this amazing five star review of your gin tasting at One Square Bar. I am truly delighted at your comments and will take great pleasure in sharing your comments with the team.
Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back real soon.
Ross Clark