“Great Place to Stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #16 of 150 Hotels in Edinburgh
NY
“Great Place to Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2009

My wife and I spent a few days in Edinburgh. We stayed at the Sheraton Grand. Room size was adequate. The bed was very comfortable. All the staff we had contact with were helpful and friendly. We were able to walk to the Edinburgh Castle and there were dozens of pubs within a short walking distance. All in all, I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone. Although, I wish their internet was free.

Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
SheratonEdinburgh, Manager at Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 17 June 2009
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your positive review and recommending the Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa to other travellers. I’m really glad that you enjoyed your room, the Sweet Sleeper Bed as well as our central location.

I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you to our hotel again soon.
With very best regards,

Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (648)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Scotland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2009

I live just outside Edinburgh and have used the hotel many times. Food is excellent, very dowdy looking hotel as someone says but it didnt bother me. I have worked in the building opposite the spa and can assure people that hundreds of office workers enjoy the view! You are central to everything really including the nightlife.

• Stayed January 2009, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SheratonEdinburgh, Manager at Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 21 May 2009
Dear Regular Guest,

I would like to thank you for your positive review of Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed the food in our restaurants and that you find our location so convenient. Our goal is to make sure that all guests feel as though they belong during their time with us and that each visit is a special one.

We look forward to welcoming you again when you are back in Edinburgh.

Kind regards,

scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2009

My friend and I stayed here to celebrate a birthday. We had a club room with a castle view..Clean, comfortable and just right. We booked the Spa , Would advise everyone to go, The rooftop Pool was the icing on the cake, and as we had sunshine it was perfect to sit out in the fresh air and relax. We were able to use the Club room and it was pleasant to enjoy wine and canapes' there before dinner.We ate at the Terrace restaurant, felt it was overpriced and the wine ( by the glass) needed you to wear specs to see it. We also had breakfast ( continental;) in the club room in the morning..that was lovely. The reception staff were very helpful and pleasant.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with friends
2 Thank heblady
Dear Guest,

I’d like to thank you for your positive review and high rating of the Sheraton Grand Hotel and Spa.

It was great to read that the Club Room met your expectations and that you enjoyed the Club Lounge, pre-dinner drinks and canapés as well as breakfast. I’m also very delighted to read that you enjoyed your experience in our award-winning One Spa.

Thank you for sharing your impression of The Terrace restaurant. Your comments only assist us in ensuring that we can continuously improve our service.

We do hope to welcome you again soon.

With warm regards,

london
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2009

I'm a frequent business traveller to Edinburgh, however, this was my first time staying at the Sheraton Grand. I was very happy with my stay at the hotel. The spa was a fantastic place to relax after meetings. The room's decore could have been more modern but was still up to a high standard that one expects when staying in a five star hotel. The hotel's employees were friendly and efficient when checking in and out. This was probably the best stay i've had in Edinburgh.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled on business
3 Thank carter101
Dear Guest,

I’d like to thank you for taking the time to post your review of Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa. Your positive feedback is greatly appreciated and please be sure that it will be shared with our associates.

I was very happy to read that you found your experience at One Spa relaxing and that our Front Office associates provided a high level of service. I’m also glad that the room was satisfactory and of a 5 star standard.

I am truly delighted to read that it was probably your best stay in Edinburgh.

We do look forward to welcoming you to Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa on your next business or leisure trip.

With kind regards,
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2009

Although the hotel was renovated not so long ago it has the feel of a somewhat dowdy Scottish country hotel. Maybe thats deliberate, but this hotel has a lot going for it including a a prime Edinburgh location with views of the castle, proximity to Princes Street and extremely professional and friendly staff. Rooms are clean, beds are super comfortable and rooms very quiet. The restaurants serve food that is good - and could be considered excellent when compared to other hotel food (I dont expect much from big hotels foodwise). The highlight is the spa - a gorgeous modern building (connected by a strange sloping ramp from the 5th floor of the hotel). There are spa treatments galore, a fabulous thermal suite with a stunning infinity pool and various warm baths. This hotel has the nicest hotel gym I have ever seen with an impressive array of cardio, resistance and pilates equipment. Staff leave you alone in the gym and there are few extras for hotel guests but who cares? I could have spent the day there if Edinburgh hadnt been calling. A great choice especially for travellers with North American style hotel preferences.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with family
3 Thank COCOFromOttawa
Dear Guest,

I was pleased to read your review of Sheraton Grand Hotel and Spa and would like to thank you for taking the time to share your comments.

I’m thrilled to find out that our restaurants exceeded your expectations. I’m also glad to read that you found the rooms comfortable and quiet and our signature Sweet Sleeper bed superb.

Thank you also for sharing your positive comments about our award-winning One Spa. I’m extremely happy to read that you enjoyed the treatments, the thermal suite, infinity pool, as well as the gym and kinesis studio.

Please be assured that your comments will be shared with all associates and we hope to welcome you back on your next travel to Edinburgh.

King regards,
Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2009

We had the plaseure of spending two nights at The Sheraton as a Valentines gift for my girlfriend. The hotel is a little dated but it makes up for this by having all the services you need available. Our room was ready when we arrived at 9am and was extra special as we had a beautiful suite and a castle view! This allowed us to spend the rest of the morning in the spa and liesure centre which is excellent and well worth the extra 25 pound charge for using it. The reception and conceirge were extremely helpfull and recommended some excellent bars and restaurant for us to visit. While we only had breakfast in the hotel it was also very good especially as you can dine while overlooking the castle, on our last morning we were late for breakfast and the restaurant supervisor very kindly seated us without question in the lobby area and served us breakfast! for my past hotel experiences you normally end up going outside the hotel so this was extremely nice of her well done. I would recommend the Sheraton to anyone visiting Edinburgh as its so easy to access the entire city from the hotel and they have excellent service to match.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PhilIreland07
Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for posting your positive review of Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa.

I am thrilled to read that you had a great experience in Edinburgh and that we were able to make your stay extra special. Please be assured that I will share all your comments with our associates, especially with the Front Office, Concierge and Restaurant teams, who you so kindly mention.

I’m also pleased to read that you enjoyed your suite and the view and that you particularly enjoyed your experience at One Spa.

It is great to read that you would recommend our hotel to anyone travelling to Edinburgh.

We do hope your enjoyable visit will encourage you to stay with us again should your travels ever bring you to back to Edinburgh.

Kind regards,

Manchester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2009

I have stayed here a few times on business but would definitely stay there for a trip to Edinburgh with my husband.

The hotel is your typical large hotel, but what stood out was the manner of the staff who were only too happy to help. I have stayed in many central London hotels and received bland service, so to stay in a large City centre hotel and be looked after so well was much appreciated.

On checking in, I discovered I was next to the lift, which is bad news for a light sleeper, like me. But on returning to reception my room was quickly changed and without fuss.

I ordered food on room service so I could continue working and this was very well done. The breakfast in the main dining room was superb too.

I haven't yet had chance to try the spa but am hoping to on a future visit.

If you need a quiet base in central Edinburgh, look no further, you have everything on your doorstep, but once inside it's a quiet and tranquil place to relax or work.

• Stayed January 2009, travelled on business