“Nice hotel with fab spa” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa

Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa
Ranked #16 of 150 Hotels in Edinburgh
Petersfield
“Nice hotel with fab spa”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2011

Rooms are exactly like the pictures on the website. Bathrooms are lovely but shower pressure a bit of a disappointment. Staff very polite and helpful. Breakfast-choice great and quality good. Spa is fab - great thermal suite and wonderful rooftop hydro pool. Again it is just like the photos on the website. Location - 5 minute walk from city centre.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SheratonEdinburgh, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 25 February 2011
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments from your stay with us on Trip Advisor. I am delighted that overall you enjoyed your stay with us and I have passed on your comments regarding the water pressure to my team to investigate. We look forward to welcoming you back when next in Edinburgh.
Kind regards.
JP Kavanagh

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (648)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Glasgow
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2011

I stayed here with my partner on Christmas Eve and splashed out on a club room. The entire experience from start to finish was amazing, from the friendly and professional reception staff, one spa (inclusive in our room price), the standard of the room and the facilities it offered.

My favourite part of the stay was relaxing in the club lounge prior to going out for dinner. The canapes were amazing, and I could have eaten my fill there! We were also treated with complimentary prosecco (it being Christmas). Upon finding out it was my partner's birthday the very lovely staff member (apologies for not remembering her name!) had chocolates left for him in our room when we returned from our post meal cocktails, which were served in the hotel bar by the smiliest waiter ever.

The continental breakfast was amazing (again, served with Christmas Prosecco!) and the efficient check out was accompanied with a festive smile.

I only wish we could have stayed longer. It was the best hotel experience I've ever had.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest
Thank you for sharing your very positive comments regarding your stay with us over the festive period. I am pleased that you enjoyed all of the facilities that our Club Package has to offer, and I agree that our Chef’s canapés are great. I will certainly pass on your comments to the team here who will be encouraged by your kind words.
Thank you again for taking the time to send in your comments as it is only through constructive feedback from our customers we are able to maintain the highest of standards. Customer care is the cornerstone of our business and every customer is important to us.
I do hope that you don’t wait until next Christmas to visit, we look forward to welcoming you both back soon.
Warm regards
Canton of Basel, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2011

Their room remodel is excellent - they really nailed it. Booked the club floor as an SPG Gold member. Great service. Liked the gym a lot. Their castle view rooms just capture the essence of Edinburgh.

One downfall is that their Spa "Thermal Suite" needs work and I found half of the spa rooms not to be working properly, which was very frustrating since I had been looking forward to it. Manager was a bit on the defensive side when I pointed this out, but gave a credit as an apology and had maintenance investigate so did what he could to make it right. They should be on top of that though. The Thermal Suite in the Blythswood Square Glasgow blows the Sheratons away - excellent.

Also too many screaming kids running around at the pool - not relaxing. Ask and avoid child hours.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
Dear Guest
Many thanks for taking the time to share your comments on Trip Advisor. I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us in one of our Castle View Rooms. The view across to the Usher Hall and the Castle is rather special.
I am sorry to hear that you encountered some issues during your visit to One Spa, I can confirm that these have now been rectified and all of the Thermal Suite is in full working order. With regards to the swimming pool, I can confirm that we do have restricted hours for children to use the swimming pool to enable families to use this facility.
Thank you once again and I hope that we can welcome you back to the hotel in the very near future.
Noordwijk, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2011

Very nice staff, good rooms, excellent spa, and great breakfast!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled solo
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2011

This hotel is fabulous. absolutely beautiful - staff in main hotel cannot do enough for you. very attentive without being annoying. Room is great - stayed on the club floor and couldn't fault it. The club lounge is lovely. Friendly staff, great food and drinks. Also, easy internet access and printing facilities.
Only ate food for breakfast in the club lounge (continental with good selection) and off the bar menu (absolutely delicious!)
Must particularly say that the conceirge service is second to none. A few times we had questions or needed replacement items in our room and they were so efficient and friendly!
Decided to go over to the One Spa to have a look at the facilities and spa treatments available. We didn't have a spa brochure in our room which we should have - but anyway, we went over to have a look. Were greeted by a man who was less than friendly. Spoke broken English but still, could have at least had a smile on his face. We told him we just wanted to go to the Spa reception to see what treatments were available but he insisted that we 'had to go upstairs first.' so we went upstairs with him to the swimming pool area which we really had no interest in. It was difficult for us to explain that we just wanted to go to the Spa treatment reception! He also made us wear blue plastic covers on our shoes, which no one else seemed to have. Nothing wrong with that, but it was all a bit weird. He kept mentioning how everything was 'expensive' or 'costs extra' in a way that was quite patronising. When we did finally get to the Spa reception the woman who again was difficult to understand wasn't particularly friendly either. She was about to give us a brochure and then looked at my daughter who is 18 and said 'wait - how old are you? you look too young!' we were going to book treatments but we just felt they weren't welcoming or friendly in any way so left sharpish! On the way out we saw the man at the front desk again who was on his mobile chatting while there was a queue forming.
All in all we had a fantastic trip. The hotel itself (minus the Spa) is amazing. We have stayed in some great hotels all over the world and we were impressed with the service, accomodation and facilities. Absolute Luxury!

• Stayed February 2011
Dear Guest
Thank you for sharing your comments on trip advisor. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and have positive feedback to share regarding the hotel, our facilities and in particular the staff. However I am disappointed that you did not have a good experience when you visited One Spa. This is not reflective of the normal service that One Spa prides itself in delivering. I have addressed these points with the Spa Director who has raised with his team.
Thank you once again for your comments, they are very much appreciated.
Cork
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2011

I did a lot of research on this hotel before I booked it. The place looks fabulous. Having never been to Edinburgh, I was really looking forward to going there! My girlfriend and I were due to land in Edinburgh on December 2nd. We had booked an advance purchase rate for 3 nights on the hotel's own website at a very competitive rate and we were really looking forward to staying there and visiting the city. Due to heavy snow in Ireland however, our flight was cancelled. The hotel and its staff were a credit to themselves and it's country. They did everything they could to try to accommodate us. As it happens we never got to Edinburgh, but when we do we will definitely try to book this hotel again!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
Dear Gust
Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor. I am sorry that your travel plans were changed due to the weather and you didn’t manage to get to Edinburgh at all, however I am delighted to learn that my colleagues took great care of you whilst you were stuck in Ireland. I do hope that you won’t let the weather put you off and that you plan to come to Edinburgh in the near future, as we would be delighted to welcome you to the Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2011

Our stay at the Sheraton was a fantastic experience - the accomodation lived up to the description on the web site and the friendliness of the staff compemented the luxury of the public areas . The quality of the food in the Terrace was excellent and the service was attentive without being intrusive.
The organisation of the Ladies who lunch event was first class and again the standard of the food and service was exemplary.
I would have no hesitation in recommending the Sheraton for both a private stay and a venue for a corporate event.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SheratonEdinburgh, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 16 February 2011
Dear Guest
Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay with us. It was great that you were able to make the Ladies Love Lunch event, we are delighted that it was so well attended and we raised a great sum for the charity.
I do hope that it won’t be too long before we can welcome you back to Edinburgh and the Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa.