I have been meaning to review The Bonham for a year now since we chose The Bonham for our wedding reception last year and I have only just got around to writing this review!
The reason I wanted to write this review was that when I was 'googling' for reviews on weddings held at The Bonham, I could find very little and at the time I was a bit concerned about this because 1. I wanted to ensure that the hotel was going to be able to cope with the wedding on the day and 2. I had no other couple's review to go on at all! I am therefore writing this review for other couples who are considering choosing The Bonham for their wedding reception.
Firstly, my husband and I could not have been happier about choosing The Bonham for our wedding reception. The staff at The Bonham were so incredibly helpful, thoughtful and totally on the ball about everything from the organising and preparation months before hand (taking in orders, organising decorations) to everything on the day (all the little touches like the gorgeous champagne glasses that weren't the standard flutes to having our wedding flowers put into the bridal parties rooms the next day) and the whole weekend where all of our friends and family stayed at The Bonham for 3 nights. Nothing was too much trouble and they were truly a fantastic team, doing everything possible to make our day so so special.
The thing I loved about The Bonham was that it wasn't a typical 'wedding hotel' where it feels like every wedding is the same and it's all a bit of a conveyor belt. Our day felt really unique and we were able to create the wedding that we wanted, not what the hotel wanted.
I have added a few photos to show you just how lovely the restaurant looked set up for our wedding reception. Even the backdrop looking out over the end table where the bridal party was, was amazing! And the food was truly delicious. Again, sometimes wedding food can be quite below standard however, our guests were raving about the delectable wedding breakfast for months afterwards!
For any bride and grooms to be, here are some wonderful suppliers that we used and would most definitely recommend to other couples:
Beautiful vintage cars: Ecosse classic cars
The most amazing florist ever, Lotte and Bloom
Gorgeous wedding cake from Valvona and Carolla (our was a combination of cheese, chocolate and traditional fruit cake!)
Somewhere for the bride to stay the night before - an amazing apartment at The Chester Residence
A fantastic way to get your guests to and from the church :) The Red Bus
An excellent and really fun band: Northern Star
Thank you to The Bonham and the fantastic team for a truly amazing wedding day!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bonham Hotel, Edinburgh is a boutique hotel in Scotland with a very contemporary spirit. It occupies a series of Victorian buildings in the West End of Edinburgh, whose soaring natural proportions have allowed us to create a truly dynamic set of rooms and public spaces. At The Bonham Hotel, Edinburgh, we have used bold colour, rich texture and contemporary art and photography to build an environment that is fun, upbeat, welcoming and with the unmistakable buzz of being part of a great Scottish city.There are 49 boutique rooms and suites at The Bonham, each individually styled so that, among them, you will almost certainly find the one you have been waiting for. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Bonham reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Bonham Hotel Edinburgh
- Bonham Hotel Edinburgh
- The Bonham Edinburgh, Scotland