We stayed in the Bonham for one night recently, and were pleasantly surprised by the calibre of the hotel and its accommodation. We had a superior room on the second floor, with spectacular views across the Edinburgh skyline, and our huge apartment had a bay window and high Victorian ceilings, which made it feel effortlessly airy. The furniture was simple and stylish, with a comfortable six-foot bed and a table and chairs. The en-suite was very impressive, with a corner shower cabinet and double-ended bath, and like the main bedroom, it was immaculately clean. It was also specified with Molton Brown toiletries, which are always a pleasure to use.
There were issues during our stay, however. When we arrived, we were initially given a key for someone else's room (because our surnames were similar and the receptionist didn't notice) and it was very fortunate that the other occupants were out when we walked into their suite, which had their personal effects lying around. We also had issues with our room-service breakfast order - a tiny sliver of butter was provided for three slices of toast, and the tea we'd ordered was missing. Like most hotel suites these days, our room had a Philips TV, which have notoriously awful remote controls, and getting our TV to do anything (including switching it off) was a real chore. It's also worth noting that the car park has around a dozen spaces but regularly accommodates twice as many cars, so if your vehicle is at the back, you'll have to ask the staff to bring out their bucket of car keys and shuffle vehicles around until there's space for you to leave.
Attributes of the Bonham include attentive service from friendly staff, smartly presented rooms, and a lovely location in a refined district to the west of Edinburgh city centre, within easy walking distance of Princes Street. Overall, we were very impressed with this hotel, and would happily return at a later date.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bonham Hotel, Edinburgh is a boutique hotel in Scotland with a very contemporary spirit. It occupies a series of Victorian buildings in the West End of Edinburgh, whose soaring natural proportions have allowed us to create a truly dynamic set of rooms and public spaces. At The Bonham Hotel, Edinburgh, we have used bold colour, rich texture and contemporary art and photography to build an environment that is fun, upbeat, welcoming and with the unmistakable buzz of being part of a great Scottish city.There are 49 boutique rooms and suites at The Bonham, each individually styled so that, among them, you will almost certainly find the one you have been waiting for. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Bonham reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Bonham Hotel Edinburgh
- Bonham Hotel Edinburgh
- The Bonham Edinburgh, Scotland