Check in and reception staff were great, friendly and helpful. Room was good, nice views very comfy bed and a good nights sleep.
Restaurant was a let down however...... unlike the reception staff the head waiter/maître'd or whatever he wishes to call himself was rude, abrupt and very condescending at dinner. Don't expect to have a steak cooked the way you wish, flatly refused to have it cooked well done, insisting it could only be cooked to a maximum of medium, 'we wouldn't like it any other way'
Always thought that was my choice??? Order a side with your main as you will need it.
Breakfast, the full Scottish was very bland, most of it appeared pre cooked and kept barely warm until service. Not as described, a duo of eggs but only one served, interestingly a lunch the previous day was also short of the described bread and butter to accompany a meat platter, and easy way to make savings or very forgetful? Breakfast tea was awful absolutely tasteless. Staff slow to clear away at breakfast, annoyingly what I presume was a manger was able to chastise a waitress about something trivial (that should be done out of customers earshot ) before messing about with menus at the side and ignoring the tables needing cleared.
Bar prices are expensive, but no more than you would expect given its location.
Should be much better, senior restaurant staff in particular, both breakfast and dinner should take a leaf out of others books and brush up their customer care skills, far too full of their own self importance it seems.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bonham Hotel, Edinburgh is a boutique hotel in Scotland with a very contemporary spirit. It occupies a series of Victorian buildings in the West End of Edinburgh, whose soaring natural proportions have allowed us to create a truly dynamic set of rooms and public spaces. At The Bonham Hotel, Edinburgh, we have used bold colour, rich texture and contemporary art and photography to build an environment that is fun, upbeat, welcoming and with the unmistakable buzz of being part of a great Scottish city.There are 49 boutique rooms and suites at The Bonham, each individually styled so that, among them, you will almost certainly find the one you have been waiting for. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Cancelon, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Bonham reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Bonham Hotel Edinburgh
- Bonham Hotel Edinburgh
- The Bonham Edinburgh, Scotland