“Very nice hotel”
Review of The Bonham Hotel

The Bonham Hotel
Ranked #48 of 151 Hotels in Edinburgh
Reviewed 1 April 2009

Elegant interior and the room was spacious and comfortable. The staff are extremely professional and smart, friendly and efficient.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 12 March 2009

Stopped at the Bonham once before and really enjoyed it. Hadn't expected to stop there this time as I thought we'd try a well rated (Tripadvisor) set of apartments in Edinburgh, "Big Mistake". Apartment was not as on website and filthy. Thankfully it just took a quick call to the Bonham and 15 minutes later we were back in luxurious accommodation.
Staff at reception were very helpful and we got a wonderful top floor room with lovely view toward the Firth of Forth. Didn't eat at the hotel but had terrific meal at the Wedgwood, Canongate, www.wedgewoodtherestaurant.co.uk.
Breakfast was good but not as good as I remember. Fresh Juice dispenser empty and plastic still on haggis as it was fried.
Still I'll definitely return and take some persuading ever to try an apartment again.

Reviewed 5 March 2009

This hotel is a little gem tucked away in a quiet corner of an elegant residential square a short walk away from Princes Street. My room was very spacious and comfortable, not super modern or luxy but had everything I wanted, plus a super view over the rooftops to the Firth of Forth. The staff were absolutely excellent, from check in through to housekeeping and as a lone traveller I felt looked after.

Breakfast was included in my room rate (full, cooked to order, as well as a buffet continental), with unlimited, freshly squeezed orange juice. My only gripe is that coffee is poor quality and served US-style from vacuum jugs - freshly made caffetieres would have been more in keeping and made the breakfast A1!

I would definitely stay at this hotel again, the only difference being that I would not have dinner there in future. It was disappointingly average and the food didn't live up to my expectations (inflated by the hotel's website and advertising around the hotel!). There are lots of good, lively restaurants in Edinburgh a short walk or cab ride away and I would suggest going out to one of those, rather than staying in to eat.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 February 2009

I booked a weekend at The Bonham for my boyfriends birthday. I am always nervous about what the room will be like at the hotels that I book and The Bonham lived up to all my expectations. We were given a fabulous room on the third floor overlooking the firth of forth and all the old Edinburgh rooftops. The room was beautifully decorated and had everything in it that we needed. Although small the bathroom was clean and had lovely Molton Brown toiletries. We ordered a bottle of wine to be brough up to our room on the Saturday night and although it was late when we called the service was quick. The hotel is only a short walk from George Street and the centre of Edinburgh and there are lots of good resturants close by. The breakfast was included in the package that we booked and was really excellent. A good choice of dishes and excellent serving staff. I am sure that I will go back and stay at The Bonham.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LadyMauve
Reviewed 18 February 2009

Fabulous stay at the Bonham, it is a hotel that offers chic and classic features, in a relaxed atmosphere. We stayed in room 108, great room, light and airy and very quiet didn't know if we had anyone next door.The breakfasts are wonderful, good choice and of a very good standard.The reception staff are brilliant,they are very friendly and efficient, nothing is too much trouble.The Bonham is in a nice quiet area within easy walking distance of all Edinburgh has to offer.We shall definately be going back.

Reviewed 16 February 2009

Just got back from a long weekend in Edinburgh where me and my girlfriend stayed at the Bonham. We arrived by train at Haymarket station - only 5/10 min walk to the hotel. Staff were very friendly and helpful. The hotel is an old Georgian house conversion, lots of chracter and great decor. Room was of a very high standard and had everything we needed. We had a scottish breakfast included which was great. (We had this delivered to the room in the morning for a small charge so we could have breakfast in bed!)

The area the hotel is in, is a quiet residential area but only a short walk from all the action. It's about 10min walk to the new town where most of the chain shops are based if you're into your shopping. The old town and Royal mile is about 15/20min walk, not too long to stroll down during the day but when going out at night we preferred to get a taxi. To sum up we had a fantastic time in Edinburgh and wouldn't hesitate in staying at this hotel again.

• Check-in / front desk
Reviewed 26 January 2009

Slight problem of mix up with room (luxury room booked online - but initially a standard room was given to us) was swiftly and politely dealt with.

The superior room was outstanding, beautiful room with simply stunning views of Edinburgh down towards the Forth.

The staff could have been more friendly and helpful, even down to valet parking the car for us (with no extra charge for parking).

Definately would stay here again.

Stayed: January 2009