“2 nd chance”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“2 nd chance”
Reviewed 24 September 2012 via mobile

After a bad review last time , I have to say that this time it was as I would expect. . Staff friendly and always willing to assist . Room was clean .comfartable. And I have to say if you visit try get a room on street side . Quieter and nice view at night. . One downside no MUSHROOMS with breakfast and hash browns should be replaced with tattle scones .... ( my choice) but would give it a 8/10. .. Thanks for a enjoyable night

• Stayed September 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (598)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Winchester
Reviewed 20 September 2012

OK for what it is but there are better places to stay in Edinburgh. Good location for travel from station. Friendly welcome. Large room, reasonably comfortable. Wi Fi extortionate. Could not get TV to work. Lifts involved frequent waits. Bar was crowded and noisy but food seemed reasonably priced. Breakfast in morning a bit of a scrum and although reasonable quality was quite ordinary. I thought the price was expensive for what it was and have had much better value at other Jury's

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Claire L, General Manager at Jurys Inn Edinburgh, responded to this review, 5 October 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your comments about your recent stay in Jurys Inn Edinburgh. I am glad to see that you found our reception team helpful and friendly. I apologies for the issues you had during your stay, we check our rooms daily and the broken TV should have been spotted and fixed before someone checks in. I also apologies that you had long waits for our lifts, we don't normally have issues with our lifts so again I will investigate why there was an issue when you stayed.
If you could contact me on the details below with your booking details I can carry out these investigations.
Thank you again for your comments.

Wagga Wagga, Australia
Reviewed 19 September 2012

All staff are friendly and helpful. The rooms clean and tidy for the price of a budget hotel. Food reasonable and well priced although would recommend getting in early for breakfast as tour groups from the US seem to take over.Free wifi down stairs only although can be accessed for a fee, reasonable compared to other hotels. Easy to book online but would recommend having a credit card imprint at Checkin if you want to charge to the room, even if paid for accommodation already. Really easy trip up to the Royal Mile through to back of building and up the stairs.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent comments about Jurys Inn Edinburgh. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your comments about our staff & cleanliness of the hotel. I am sorry you had issues with a busy breakfast, we do have tour groups in the summer as most hotels do. However you should have been informed of the busy breakfast times when you were checking in.

Thank you again for your comments and please contact me directly if you are planning another trip to Edinburgh.

Havelock, Canada
Reviewed 18 September 2012

this hotel was clean and the front desk service was fine (booked a cab, etc.) The breakfast was a bit of a crush of people and noisy - we missed the little B&Bs we had been staying in. The room was smallish - as expected in a budget hotel. The room, however, was quite hot (despite heat off and window open) and the only bedcover was a comforter, which I ended taking out of its sheet bag and just using the sheet.
The location was excellent.
The only internet in the room was wired (no good for my iPad) and had a cost, however, the bar had wireless for free (get the code from the bartender which lasts 24 hours).

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent response on Jurys Inn Edinburgh. I am happy to see that you found our reception team helpful. I am sorry you felt breakfast was a bit crushed. There are peak times at breakfast which tend to be 8.30-9.30, this should have been explained to you at check in so please accept my apologies that this was not the case.

I understand your comments about WIFI we are scheduled to have WIFI installed in all bedrooms by next year.

Thank you again for your comments.

New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed 18 September 2012

Fantastic location - within walking distance to Weaverly Train Station and the Royal Mile.

Check-in and check-out was very efficient and we were able to leave our luggage in storage as we were travelling to Skye for a couple of days then coming back for another night.
Our room was clean and comfortable.

We didn't eat breakfast at the hotel but found a little cafe up the street which was fine. We had drinks and a snack in the bar which was great and the staff were very friendly and helpfull.
I loved our stay in Jurys Inn Edinburgh and would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank CLB33
Dear Guest,

Firstly thank you for taking the time to post your comments about your recent stay at Jurys Inn Edinburgh. I am really glad you had an enjoyable stay.

I am glad you will return to us and I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel. Please contact me directly when you return and I will make the necessary arrangements for you.

scotland
Reviewed 17 September 2012

We checked in for hen night and they asked us to cut down number of rooms we had booked, this was no problem for us and they gave us £100 bar credit and 4 bottles of fizz in our room. Graet location and spotless hotel. Would stay again if looking for a central hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
Ireland
Reviewed 14 September 2012

Stayed here recently, Taxi drivers didn't know where Jeffery Street was! When we found it, it had a good enough location, near Royal Mile and quite near Princes Street. Stayed 1 night so it was good for short visit. If you are looking for just a basic bed to stay in and no extras, this ticks the box. This was one of the few hotels where we could book 3 into a room so our choice was limited. Price was also within budget, beds and bathroom were clean.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent comment about your stay in Jurys Inn Edinburgh. I am glad you found our hotel & rooms to be clean we have a fantastic Housekeeping team. Sorry you had issues with the taxi driver I have never known a taxi driver not to know where Jeffrey Street is before.

Please contact me directly on the information below should you return to us again and I will take care of the arrangements for you.