“Two star experience. Only use if you get a bargain rate”

Jurys Inn Edinburgh
Ranked #114 of 151 Hotels in Edinburgh
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 2 October 2012 via mobile

I'm a child of the 80's, much like the room decor. Furniture chopped, carpets dirty, the rooms are really tired looking, dated and worn.

When they refurbish the hotel it will be a prime stay, the location and staff are great. The breakfast experience is lacking, more akin to a budget bed and breakfast.

The location is great though. When they sort the deficiencies it will be worth a stay.

• Stayed: August 2012
Claire L, General Manager at Jurys Inn Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about your recent experience in Jurys Inn Edinburgh.

I am sorry you felt our rooms were old & tired, we have superior rooms which are all front facing next time you are travelling to Edinburgh please let me know and I will ensure you get one of these rooms.

We are currently looking at our breakfast options and adding more items to our buffet which I hope you will find the next time you stay improve our breakfast experience.

Please contact me on the details below and I will make the necessary arrangements for your next stay in Jurys Inn Edinburgh.

Reviewed 2 October 2012

We stayed in late September 2 rooms, 3 over 55. with a last minute booking. No deals here. No parking, available close by cost 6£ with hotel discount. Rooms cost 135£ pound. Wifi 5£ an Hour!. Very good breakfast an additional 10€. Rooms are very nice Walking distance to all historic city sights

Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 September 2012

Stayed here for one night in August. It was fine. Nothing to write home about. Clean and average. Breakfast is self service which I'm never a big fan of. Accommodates groups / hens etc. Rooms were small but clean. Overpriced but it's obvious you're paying for location here

Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Doyle123

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review from your stay in August. August is Edinburgh's busiest month of the year and the rates in the city do tend to increase over this time. I am sorry you feel we are overpriced.

We recently changed our buffet to self service, we used to serve the food to our guests but due to guest feedback we changed it to self service. I am sorry you didn’t like this option but I will certainly take your comments on board.

Please contact me the next time you are travelling to Edinburgh and I will ensure you get a very competitive rate.

Reviewed 26 September 2012

I stayed at Jury's as part of an Insight tour stopover, we had two nights here, Jurys is 5 mins walk to the Royal Mile, 10 min walk to a Post office, over the Royal Mile, High street, but a good 30 min walk to the new area and shops, but very close 5 min walk to Edinburgh Waverly Station so a great location.

buffet breakfast excellent, wifi is chargeable but free for a certain time if you access in the bar after purchasing a drink.

Edinburgh is very much a tourist town, and very busy.

Room Tip: Maybe not facing the rail yard as it was a little noisy from the road ad yard.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 September 2012

I was here on work, and was pretty dissapointed when i got to my room - it was rather small and the view of a fire escape was pretty poor. It just felt like a cheap travellodge to be honest. Nonetheless the location was superb, with great access to the train, a car park (discounted be the hotel although not cheap) and a walkway straight onto the Royal Mile.

Breakfast was the traditional buffet - nothing special.

I'd probably stay elsewhere if i was asked to pay more than three figures for this place, even given it's great location.

Room Tip: ask for one with a view over the city/train station
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your trip advisor comment about your recent stay in Jurys Inn Edinburgh. I am sorry to hear that you won't be returning to us. We are usually very competitively priced within the city. I apologies if you feel our rates were too high. During the summer months into September the cites rates do tend to be higher.
Please contact me again the next time you are travelling to Edinburgh I will ensure you get a competitive rate and allocated one of our superior rooms that have great views of Calton hill.

Thanks you again for your review.

Reviewed 24 September 2012 via mobile

After a bad review last time , I have to say that this time it was as I would expect. . Staff friendly and always willing to assist . Room was clean .comfartable. And I have to say if you visit try get a room on street side . Quieter and nice view at night. . One downside no MUSHROOMS with breakfast and hash browns should be replaced with tattle scones .... ( my choice) but would give it a 8/10. .. Thanks for a enjoyable night

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed 20 September 2012

OK for what it is but there are better places to stay in Edinburgh. Good location for travel from station. Friendly welcome. Large room, reasonably comfortable. Wi Fi extortionate. Could not get TV to work. Lifts involved frequent waits. Bar was crowded and noisy but food seemed reasonably priced. Breakfast in morning a bit of a scrum and although reasonable quality was quite ordinary. I thought the price was expensive for what it was and have had much better value at other Jury's

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your comments about your recent stay in Jurys Inn Edinburgh. I am glad to see that you found our reception team helpful and friendly. I apologies for the issues you had during your stay, we check our rooms daily and the broken TV should have been spotted and fixed before someone checks in. I also apologies that you had long waits for our lifts, we don't normally have issues with our lifts so again I will investigate why there was an issue when you stayed.
If you could contact me on the details below with your booking details I can carry out these investigations.
Thank you again for your comments.