“Friendly, knowledgeable staff in a clean, comfortable hotel.”

Jurys Inn Edinburgh
Ranked #115 of 147 Hotels in Edinburgh
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Friendly, knowledgeable staff in a clean, comfortable hotel.”
Reviewed 7 March 2014

Came to Edinburgh for an evening as my partner had an interview at the university the following day. Staff were very friendly and helpful and recommended some sights for the afternoon as well as helping us locate the university on the map. Hotel was very clean and the breakfast had a lot of choice and was of an excellent quality. Conveniently located next to train station if taking rail.

Only complaint is from my rather sore bottom with regards to the toilet paper quality.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

DeputyGM_JurysInn, Manager at Jurys Inn Edinburgh, responded to this review, 9 March 2014
Dear Phillip L,

Thank you for taking the time to share you experiences of Jurys Inn Edinburgh.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and that you found our breakfast offering of high quality. We understand the importance of providing a hearty breakfast to our guests.

I do apologise for your rather sore bottom - I shall pass your feedback onto our Accommodation Manager and she can look at softer options.

Phillip L, I do hope we can welcome you back to Jurys Inn Edinburgh in the near future.

Richard_Pearson@jurysinns.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (598)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 March 2014

Excellent hotel, friendly welcome, clean & tidy, nice location. Breakfast was excellent. Just off the main drag of the Royal Mail within walking distance of castle, princes street, nice array of cafe and shops. Car parking is restricted on a first come first serve. So could be costly if you have to park on the street or local car parks.

Room Tip: Again limited parking spaces at hotel, so is first come first serve. Excellent location near to all...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank celtic2inter1
Dear celtic2inter1,

Thank you for taking the time to write such kind words regarding your stay with us here at Jurys Inn Edinburgh.

Our team endeavour to make our guests feel welcome and comfortable while staying with us and are always delighted to read when this is reflected on our guests stay.

celtic2inter1, this was your first time to Jurys Inn Edinburgh and I do hope it is not your last. I hope we can welcome you back in the not to distant future.

United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 March 2014

My husband won a B&B stay at a Jurys Inn on Twitter and we picked this hotel to stay at. The location was really handy just off the Royal Mile. Not having parking is a bit of a problem in Edinburgh although there is limited pay parking on the street and the Omni parking not far away. Knowing Edinburgh we left the car on the outskirts and took the bus in.
We had to wait a few minutes to check in but although we were a bit early our room was ready. The receptionist was friendly and efficient. We had problems with the lift as you need to use your keycard and one of ours wouldn't work it although it worked the room lock fine. Our room was fine with lovely views of the city. The bathroom wasn't very big and the shower not very powerful but acceptable. We found the bedroom a bit noisy with outside noise from traffic and from Waverley Station but we did sleep OK. There is no free WIFI which is annoying. It was £5 for an hour or £10 for 24 hours.
We were pleased with our breakfast which had a huge selection of fruit, cereals etc and the cooked breakfast was nice. Everything was self service. The only criticism I had was the coffee machine which only seemed to have black coffee and I like a nice milky latte.
We found all the staff to be helpful and friendly. If you don't book B&B, breakfast was £10 per person while we were there.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear sheils6,

Thank you for taking the time o share you experiences of Jurys Inn Edinburgh and a huge CONGRATULATIONS on winning our Twitter competition.

We understand the importance of providing a hearty breakfast to prepare our guests for a day of exploring Edinburgh and our Head Chef is always delighted when this is reflected on our guests stay. As you stated we do not have a car park at the Hotel, but we do offer 25% discount at the car park across the road at Waverly Station.

With regards to Wi-Fi, we at Jurys Inn are endeavouring to remove all our guests annoyances, Wi-Fi charges being one of them and so, by the end of March 2014 we shall offer complimentary Wi-Fi throughout the Hotel.

sheils6, I do hope that we can welcome you back to Jurys Inn Edinburgh in the near future.

Galway, Ireland
Reviewed 4 March 2014

This hotel is in a perfect location for sightseeing in Edinburgh but you expect that the least the hotel could manage is to have your room cleaned for you when you get back after a long day of walking. The hotel is a bit dated anyways but you could get over that as long as the place was clean and provided good service.No towels were changed for us even though we put them on the floor like they advised us to if we wanted them to be changed. My friends pillow had a blood stain on it on arrival and that was also left on the florr but the "cleaning staff" just put it back on the bed again. We had to call reception and ask for clean towels. The room wasn't once hoovered, the blood stained pillow case kept making an appearance even when it was taken off the pillow an left again on the floor. From the first day there was seriously long personal hair on the floor of the bathroom and they were still there when we left. The morning we were checking out a maintenance man walked into the bedroom at 8.30am....he said he was told that we had checked out, check out was at 12pm! We put a do not disturb sign on the door after that but again at 9.30 the maintenance man walked into the room! We went for a walk before we checked out and all out cards wouldn't work for the elevator nor the room. The receptionist said that we had been checked out when we asked for access to our room. It was 11.30am! Very bad customer care and service. And as for the Costa Cafe downstairs, terrible! The people working in this hotel act as if they have never worked in a hotel before. No clue in customer service nor hospitality. The only person who deserves a bonus is Tomasz, I hope I have spelt the name right, he checked us in the night we arrived. He was very pleasant and helpful and any time we saw him he was very friendly.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Cailleachain
Dear Cailleachain,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback regarding your recent stay with us here at Jurys Inn Edinburgh.

We appreciate all feedback to enable us to continuously improve both our product and service. I can assure you that I will be investigating each and every point you raised in your feedback as I can promise you that this is not the norm for us here at Jurys Inn Edinburgh. I would extremely appreciate it if you could contact me directly and provide me with your room number so I can identify the correct team members.

Cailleachain, I would like to welcome you back to Jurys Inn Edinburgh as my guest to allow you to experience our Hotel as our guests have come to expect. I can assure you that our Hotel is known for its excellent customer service, which is so evident in all of other guests feedback and I am hugely disappointed that this was not reflected on your stay for which I am truly sorry.

I do hope to speak with you soon.

Richard_Pearson@jurysinns.com

Travellers are raving about these Edinburgh hotels

Hampshire, England
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights on a recent trip to edinburgh.

Brilliant location less then 5 minutes walk from the Waverley bridge airport bus stop and very close to railway station.

All of the staff were very friendly and helpful and check in was quick and efficient.

Our room was fairly large and very clean, had a kettle, tea and coffee (replenished daily) a hairdryer and a bath with overhead shower. Toiletries provided were basic but of good quality.

We ate and drunk in the bar and prices were reasonable and the food was very nice.

We had the breakfast buffet one day (as had paid for room only) and there was a great selection of hot and cold options and it set us up for the day.

The hotel felt safe and was relatively quiet (although we stayed during the week it might be noisier at weekends or in peak season. )

We got a very good price per night as booked as part of a package with our flights through BA.

Overall we were very pleased with the hotel and the location was perfect - close enough to walk to the majority of sights and near bus links for attractions further away (such as the zoo.)

Next time I go back to edinburgh I'd definately stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014
Dear loulou123666,

Our team always endeavour to ensure that our guests are made to feel welcome and comfortable while staying with us and I was delighted to read that this was reflected on your stay.

Our Head Chef also prides himself on the quality of his food and understands the importance of a hearty breakfast to ensure that our guests are fully prepared for a day of exploring Edinburgh,

loulou123666, I do hope we can welcome you back to Jurys Inn Edinburgh and should you find yourself needing accommodation please be sure to contact me directly and I would be happy to assist with any arrangements.

Kidderminster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Excellent location from the City and Train Station, was a little dated inside though and room could of done with a complete makeover! room wasn't very clean or modern it really wasn't up the scratch from what i have experienced in other Jurys Inn's. Breakfast was good though

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Dear li8m,

Firstly, it was great to read that our location was well suited for your needs. Our Head Chef also understands the importance of providing a hearty breakfast to prepare our guests for a day of exploring Edinburgh,

Jurys Inns Hotels is currently in the process of investing in its currently portfolio to ensure the high standards our guest have come to expect in a Jurys Inns is consistent throughout all our Hotels.

li8m, I do hope we can welcome you back to Jurys Inn Edinburgh in the near future.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 February 2014

This was my second time staying at the Edinburgh jurys inn, I got a great deal on expedia. It is in a very central location, it is literally only a 30 second walk from Waverley station I travelled into Edinburgh by bus but it was very easy to find our way to the hotel and took about 15-20 minutes to walk. Decor wise it is basic, the room and bathroom were clean and tidy but there are no decorative touches. Personally I am not bothered by this at all, I didn't come to Edinburgh to spend all day in a hotel! The bed may be a bit too firm for some, but I like a firm mattress so it suited me fine.

I arrived at the hotel at about 2:30pm, check-in was very easy and straightforward and the receptionist was very friendly and even asked if we wanted a room that faced the front and had views of Calton hill but also the station so was a bit noisy, or a quieter room at the back but with no view. I went for a front facing room which had a lovely view, I wouldn't say it was too noisy, I wasn't able to sleep with the window open but it was ok to have them open while watching tv.

I only have one complaint about my stay, on the second and last night the radiators were very noisy, it sounded like the water was going into the pipes. I need total silence in order to fall asleep and the noise from the radiator did stop me from falling asleep. I didn't notice any noise on the first night though, so hopefully it was just a one off.

Overall if you don't care about staying in luxury hotels and just want a clean room in a central location of Edinburgh I don't think you can go wrong with staying here as it is in a great location!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
DeputyGM_JurysInn, Manager at Jurys Inn Edinburgh, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Dear KittenMittens,

Thank you for taking the time to share you experience of Jurys Inn Edinburgh.

Our Accommodation Manager prides herself on the cleanliness of the rooms and always appreciates it when this is reflected on our guests stay. We have actually just completed this week a full maintenance check on all the radiators, which has now resolved the issues with water in an evening. Please do accept my apologies for this disturbing you as we understand the importance of a good night sleep, especially after a day of exploring Edinburgh.

KittenMittens, I do hope we can welcome you back to Jurys Inn Edinburgh in the near future.