“Excellent Stay”

GreenLeadersBronze level
York, United Kingdom
“Excellent Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

From the moment we booked into our room to wishing we were staying anter ohnight on leaving. Coming straight from the station the location was easy to get to. Staff was really welcoming. Bed was lovely and warm. Breakfast was out of this world, excellent choices of fruit, fresh orange juice, great sausages and toast. has well has bacon, fried bread, eggs fried or poachaed.
Defintily stay here again

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

DeputyGM_JurysInn, Manager at Jurys Inn Edinburgh, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Dear Claire S,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences of Jurys Inn Edinburgh.

I was delighted to read that every part of your experience was excellent. We pride ourselves on the service we offer our guests and are always delighted when this is reflected on their stay.

Claire S, I do hope we can welcome you back to Jurys Inn Edinburgh in the near future.

Richard_Pearson@jurysinns.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (593)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
glasgow
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2014

We arrived at the hotel and The staff were so welcoming,. The room was clean,comfortable and the beds were comfy.The Hotel is five minutes from Waverly station and is Close to the city centre and Royal Mile.Breakfast cost 8pounds and Was really worth it. Cooked breakfasts,
yoghurts,teas,cerals etc.When we were checking out,we could put our cases in storage.This meant we could spend our last day sight seeing without cases. I'd recommend this hotel and Stay there again when I am visting Edinburgh.

Room Tip: If you want a view of Edinburgh pick a room at the front but it is noisy.the back is quieter. We ask...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank glasgowguy10
Dear glasgowguy10,

Thank you for taking the time to write such kind words regarding your recent stay with us here at Jurys Inn Edinburgh.

The team always endeavour to make our guests feel welcome and comfortable during there stay and always appreciate it when this is reflected on our guests experience.

glasgowguy10, I do hope we can welcome you back to Jurys Inn Edinburgh in the near future.

Haddington, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2014

Although I live near Edinburgh as I had a theatre reservation and business to deal with the following morning I booked one night at Jurys Inn. Despite having booked (and paid for!) a double room, I was allocated a hot and airless single room at the rear of the building with a great view of the fire escape. As it was only for the one night, and I was going to be out until 11pm, I decided that it wasn't worth complaining but on my way out I did raise the matter with the receptionist who had checked me in. He was apologetic and to be fair, offered to give me another room but it wasn't worth the hassle of moving. He did say that they only had 4 single rooms in total, but offered no explanation as to why I had been given one! The room proved to be particularly hot and airless and despite a card exhorting guests to keep heating at a reasonable level (18-21 c), this is difficult without a thermostat!
The buffet breakfast was excellent and raised the rating considerably. On check-out the receptionist asked if I had enjoyed my stay and I said 'not entirely' she promised that I would be contacted but nothing so far!

Room Tip: Do not go for a single room!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank FlyingScotsman52
Dear FlyingScotsman52,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback regarding your recent stay with us here at Jurys Inn Edinburgh.

I must apologise that you were informed a member of the management team would be in touch and has not yet done so. I would greatly appreciate it if you could contact me directly on the below email to provide me with your reservation details. This will enable me to investigate why you were allocated a room you had not booked and also who checked you out and had not passed the message on to contact you.

FlyingScotsman52, I hope to speak with you soon and welcome you back to Jurys Inn Edinburgh in the near future.

carlow
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2014

Less than 5 minute walk from bus station. Central location. Can not say enough good things about Linnea on the reception desk. She was efficient & friendly nothing was a problem. She is a huge asset for the hotel to have. Rooms very clean . Breakfast very good. Wouldn't look at staying at any other hotel in Edinburgh . Excellent.

• Stayed April 2014
Dear DWhelanCarlow,

Thank you for taking the time to write such kind words regarding your experiences of Jurys Inn Edinburgh.

I was absolutely delighted to read that Linnea went above and beyond for you during your stay, I shall pass on your kind words. It was also great to read that you enjoyed the rest of your Hotel and that you would return on your next visit to Edinburgh.

DWhelanCarlow, if you do find yourself in Edinburgh in the near future do feel free to contact me and I would be more than happy to assist with any arrangements.

Ruislip
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

This week was our first trip to Edinburgh, and in spite of some of the reviews, we were absolutely thrilled with the city and Jury's Inn Hotel. The staff were all very helpful and friendly - the breakfast was fantastic!
Our room was lovely with great views as well.The hotel is in an ideal spot too. We only stayed 2 nights but our towels were changed each day.. . We even had an evening meal on our first day in the restaurant and found it to be excellent. Please do not be put off by other people's complaints!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear lancashirelass31,

I am delighted that on your first trip to Edinburgh our team were able to help your visit as enjoyable and welcoming as possible. Our Head Chef prides himself on providing our guests a hearty breakfast to prepare themselves for a day of exploring Edinburgh and always appreciates it when this is reflected on our guests experience.

lancashirelass31, I do hope we can welcome you back to Jurys Inn Edinburgh in the near future.

Dolgellau, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014

I arrived having lost my wallet en route and my company had booked the wrong night. Your reception staff were fantastic. Calm and helpful we managed to resolve the problem even letting me park out back because I had no cash for parking. Can't thank them enough, what a great experience.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Simon P
Dear Simon P,

Thank you for taking the time to share you experience of Jurys Inn Edinburgh.

Our team pride themselves on the service and hospitality they deliver and are always delighted when this is reflected on our guests experience and I shall pass on your kind words to the team.

Simon P, I do hope we can welcome you back to Jurys Inn Edinburgh in the near future.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2014

We had a lovely experience at this hotel. The room served its purpose well! Very comfortable. Location makes for nice sightseeing strolls. I enjoyed not being overwhelmed with mobs of tourists. The greatest part was the VIEW! So lovely to be in bed and remember you are in Edinburgh!

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Leen_BK
Dear Leen_BK,

I am delighted that our Hotel was conveniently located for your needs whilst in Edinburgh. Our location is great for a base when visiting Edinburgh and as such boast such lovely views of our city.

Leen_BK, I hope you had a great trip back to (one of my favourite cities in America) Chicago and I do hope we can welcome you back to Jurys Inn Edinburgh in the near future.