“Perfect!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Singapore, null, Singapore
“Perfect!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

Great hotel, great room, great service, friendly staff, so near princes st, edinburgh castle! I love this place. Will definitely come back again! Love love love this place!!! We went in apr 2013 and spent just 2 nights there, its not enough and we will definitely return!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Noura170309
DeputyGM_JurysInn, Manager at Jurys Inn Edinburgh, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Dear Noura170309,

Thank you for taking the time to write such kind words regarding your recent stay with us here at Jurys Inn Edinburgh.

I was delighted to read that you loved Edinburgh and your Hotel, so much so that you cannot wait to return to us again.

Noura170309, I do hope you make it back to Edinburgh soon and we can welcome you back to Jurys Inn Edinburgh.

Richard_Pearson@jurysinns.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (593)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Pembroke, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights this week as a birthday break. Chose this hotel due to its location and cost. It is a short walk to the Royal Mile, only 100 yards up the lane at the rear of the hotel. On this lane is "Forsyths tearooms" which we used for breakfast on 2 mornings. Its a quirky little Edwardian establishment run by Christina, who is lovely. Suggest you try this little place instead of the hotel breakfast or any of the other chains. Princes street is only 7 or 8 minutes walk away and one of the entrances to Waverly station is about 100 yards from the front of the hotel.
Also note that the Lothian Buses Airport Express starts and ends at the main entrance to Waverly station, less than 5 minutes walk from the hotel. Fare is £4 per person, journey is 30 minutes to the airport. The taxi from the airport costs over £20 depending on traffic.
Hotel room was clean and tidy but nothing special. Staff on arriving and leaving were pleasant enough. On the second day we got back about 4,30 for a quick change of clothes and a cuppa only to find there was no milk in the room. A trip to reception revealed they had run out and some boxes of milk had just arrived so housekeeping were going round the rooms at that point to drop off the little cartons. To be fair, housekeeping got to our room minutes later with our milk. One of the lifts,(there were 2) didnt work the whole time we were there.
All in all though, a pleasant enough stay in a well located hotel. I would use it again.

2 Thank klingoneddie
Dear klingoneddie,

Thank you for taking the time to share you experiences of Jurys Inn Edinburgh.

I was pleased to read that you found our Hotel conveniently located. I shall also pass on your comments to Christina the next time I see her as the team always pop in Forsyths for some fabulous cake. Unfortunately, one of our lifts was out of action due to unforeseen maintenance, however I am delighted to say this has now been resolved and is back up and running.

klingoneddie, i was delighted to read that you would return and I do hope we can welcome you back to Jurys Inn Edinburgh in the near future.

Western Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

Clean and friendly hotel in a great area, just a short walk to the Royal Mile and to Waverley Station. Our room was quite large, it had a lot of disability features such as rails, emergency alert button and telephone in the bathroom. The bed was quite uncomfortable to sleep on, it sagged in the middle and had a spring poking out and we both awoke in the morning with backache. Wifi is free and available in the room, a premium wifi service can be purchased though. Staff at the front desk were extremely friendly and helpful, a great first contact when you walk through the door.

1 Thank KylieRuscoe
Dear Kyliemr7,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback regarding your recent stay with us here at Jurys Inn Edinburgh.

I was pleased to read that you found our Front Desk team to be extremely friendly and helpful. The team pride themselves on the service they offer and always appreciate it when this is reflected on our guests stay. I would appreciate it if you could drop me a quick email with the room number you stayed in to enable me to have the mattress changed, as our guest good night sleep is paramount for us here at Jurys Inn Edinburgh.

Kyliemr7, I hope you had a great trip back to Australia and hope you make it back to Edinburgh soon and we can welcome you back to Jurys Inn Edinburgh.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

The final leg of our tour led us to book an overnight stay in this hotel. This hotel is situated just a short walk from princes street and if you go up the lane at the back of the hotel it brings you to the royal mile. There are to many things to mention that Edinburgh has to offer but needless to say that the castle offers the best views of the whole city. I can also recommend the grassmarket area for something to eat. Back to the hotel, the room was clean and fresh and the staff were very helpful and friendly. Breakfast was excellent. If you're looking for a city break i suggest that you come to Edinburgh and if looking for somewhere to stay you could do a lot worse than stay at this hotel.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear Stewart C,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences of Jurys Inn Edinburgh.

Edinburgh does indeed have so many things to offer, see and experience and I was please to read that you found our Hotel conveniently located for this. The team endeavour to provide a warm and welcoming service and always appreciate it when this is reflected on our guests experience.

Stewart C, I do hope we can welcome you back to Jurys Inn Edinburgh in the near future.

Walkington, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

We stayed for only one night whilst my partner was on business (I was on sightseeing!). The location is brilliant - turn left out of Waverley station (if you have been travelling North), cross the road and you are there. It is also very easy walking distance to the old town and Royal Mile (as long as you can climb steep hills/steps), the new town and Princes Street (including Jenners), and the hop on hop off bus terminal (on the Waverley Bridge the goes over the train station). It is also almost opposite the Edinburgh Dungeon.

On arrival, I was checked immediately with helpful staff and offered a 10% discount if we wanted to eat in the hotel restaurant (we didn't as we wanted to experience Edinburgh). We stayed in a superior room on the 7th floor which I would highly recommend, as the view over to Carlton Hill is beautiful, and although right next to (and overlooking the train station) we did not find the room too noisy. Unfortunately, one of the two lifts was not working during our stay which either meant a bit of a work out on the stairs, or waiting for the other one for quite some time during breakfast. The room was clean and spacious, although the bed was on castors and caused us a few laughs when I tried to sit with my back against the head board (attached to the wall) to read in bed and it wanted to roll towards the other side of the room. The stud partition wall was also extremely thin (I could hear the next door occupant snoring and it actually flexed when the cleaners were cleaning in there the next morning!). Wifi was included in our package for up to four devices and was easy to connect to. I did find the bed a little uncomfortable, but I suffer with a bad back and had done a lot of walking. My partner had a more comfortable sleep.

Breakfast was busy and buffet style with a LOT of choice including full Scottish breakfast (haggis or poached eggs could be cooked to order) and a large selection of breads, pastries, cereals, fruit and even porridge. It was to a good standard and regularly refreshed.

So all in all, I would definitely stay again for business or pleasure.

Room Tip: Try for a high floor - I would suggest quieter. Rooms on the front of the hotel are nearer the trai...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear EastYorkshireLou,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences of Jurys Inn Edinburgh.

It was great to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our location as you stated is great for sightseeing and does boast some lovely views of Edinburgh. Our Head Chef prides himself on providing a heart breakfast for guest to prepare them for their day ahead.

I would greatly appreciate it if you could drop me a quick email with the room number you stayed in as I would like to test the mattress and review if it does need replacing and to find a solution for the runaway bed.

EastYorkshireLou, I do hope we can welcome you back to Jurys Inn Edinburgh in the near future.

Deputy General manager

Redcar, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

We stayed at this Hotel for a weekend break as a treat for my birthday, we had a Superior room which was ok, clean and comfortable but for me this should come under the category of standard room as I have no idea what gave it the description of Superior (unless the std rooms are terrible). There was a big rip on the sofa and on the dressing table what looked like cigarette burns! However the Reception was very pleasent and helpful and breakfast as much as you wanted and very tasty. The plus to this Hotel is the location, turn left out of reception and you are up some steps and onto the Royal Mile, turn right and you are on Princess Street. A very enjoyable weekend.

Dear helensmith135,

I was pleased to read that our Hotel was conveniently located for you needs whilst in Edinburgh. I would however, like to investigate further your comments regarding the room you were allocated as I can assure you this is not the norm for us here at Jurys Inn Edinburgh. It was great to read however that team were welcoming and helpful as they pride themselves on providing such a service.

helensmith135, I do hope we can welcome you back to Jurys Inn Edinburgh in the near future.

Memphis, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

This place is at walking distance from the Edinburgh train station. It also close to the royal mile. The staff was very pleasant and always willing to answer my questions. Most restaurants would not take my 3 year old after 8 PM, so the only option besides some diners was the bar at the hotel. The bar tender was great and I probably spoke with him for couple of hours. And also financially this worked out great for me as I couldnt find any other hotel so close to the train station at this price.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear Amit_World,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences of your recent stay with us here at Jurys Inn Edinbrugh.

It was great to read that one of our team members in the bar were welcoming and you were able to chat. I find this type of service the highest standard as our guests should be able to speak with our team as though they were at their local establishment back home.

Amit_World, I do hope you had a great trip back home and I hope to welcome you back to Jurys Inn Edinburgh in the near future.