“Good location spoiled by noisy room”

Jurys Inn Edinburgh
Ranked #114 of 150 Hotels in Edinburgh
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 28 April 2014

The location can't be faulted. It is literally a few hunderd yards from Waverley station and close to all things central in Edinburgh. Facilities were OK, breakfast buffet was reasonable. I think I may have had bad luck with room allocation. The one I stayed in was very noisy with what sounded like lift noises and other things.It was also overlooking a courtyard at the rear where staff were moving things around. To be fair to them, the lady at the desk was apologetic and offered me a partial refund and said they would have moved me if I'd asked.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank CosmicHerb
DeputyGM_JurysInn, Manager at Jurys Inn Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Dear CheesyWotsist,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback of Jurys Inn Edinburgh.

Our guests good night sleep is paramount to us here at Jurys Inn Edinburgh and I was disappointed to read that you were disturbed by the team. I would appreciate it if you could contact me on the email below with the room number you stayed in and the times you experienced noise from outside. From this, I can ensure that such disturbances do not occur again in the future.

CheesyWotsist, I look forward to hearing from you soon and I do hope we can welcome you back in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Jurys Inn Edinburgh

Reviewed 27 April 2014

Location of hotel is good, close to rail link and Lothian buses, central for attractions. Rooms ok but bathroom tired and in need of loving care, room 204 above bottle bank for the bar and noisy at 02:00am when staff clearing up. Hope guy in 203 enjoyed his 10 mile run after throwing up during the night
Decent city centre hotel

1  Thank Mike B

Dear Mike B,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback regarding your recent stay with us here at Jurys Inn Edinburgh.

I was pleased to read that your location was conveniently located for you. I shall be meeting with our Bar team to discuss the noise whilst closing down the bar. Our guests good night sleep is paramount and disturbance from within the Hotel is not acceptable.

Mike B, I do hope we can welcome you back to Jurys Inn Edinburgh in the near future.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

My partner and I stayed here for two nights recently and would definitely come back. Location is perfect - couple of minutes from Waverley station and a couple of minutes from the Royal Mile - great base for exploring the Old and New Town. Room was clean and comfortable and the price was reasonable. Thought that £10 per person for the buffet breakfast was a bit on the pricey side but no complaints about the selection and quality of the food.

2  Thank Carol A

Dear Carol A,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences of Jurys Inn Edinburgh.

It was great to read that you found our location conveniently located for your needs whilst staying in Edinburgh. Our Accommodation Manager prides herself on the cleanliness of her rooms and is always delighted when this is reflected on a guests stay.

Carol A, I do hope we can welcome you back to Jurys Inn Edinburgh in the near future.

Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

The location is very central, a minute from the train station and backing onto the royal mile.
Rooms are clean and modern and well priced for Edinburgh too.
The restaurant is actually very good for a chain hotel.
It's the staff that make this place, they are friendly and polite.
Breakfast was Ok but would benefit from better quality sausages.
All in all a great hotel for the money.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Iainthom

Dear Iain T,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback of Jurys Inn Edinburgh.

The team here always endeavour to make our guests feel welcome and comfortable throughout their stay and always appreciate it when this is reflected on your stay.

I shall meet with our Head Chef to look at a different variety of sausages we can provide on our buffet.

Iain T, I do hope we can welcome you back to Jurys Inn Edinburgh in the near future.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

Spent 2 nights hear last week and would use this hotel again. It is about 3 mins from Waverley station, 5 mins from Princess street and a couple of mins from the Royal mile. The room was nice and spacious, very comfortable bed and pillows and good sized bathroom. Breakfast was good with plenty of choice, ate in the hotel restaurant first night and this was good, nice and tasty.The staff are all cheerfull and helpfull.

1  Thank U_k_Magpie

Dear U_k_Magpie,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of your recent stay with us at Jurys Inn Edinburgh.

It was great to read that you enjoyed your stay and that staff made you feel welcome and comfortable.

U_k_Magpie, I do hope we can welcome you back to Jurys Inn Edinburgh in the near future.

Richard_Pearson@jurysins.com

Reviewed 21 April 2014

We have stayed during the Easter break for a night. We have paid £69 for the double room. The room was very small and the interiors were terrible. Linen was of very poor quality, but given the price of the room nothing was great.

The central heating was not working and we were getting a cold breeze in the room. I guess the windows were not air tight.

There is no room service. The room were not at all match the standard what was shown on the website. I wouldn't pay more then £40 for that room. Very disappointing.... :(

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank ANWR09

Dear ANWR09,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback regarding your stay with us here at Jurys Inn Edinburgh.

We appreciate all feedback to allow us to continuously improve both our product and service. I would appreciate it if you could contact me on the below email address with the room number you stayed in to allow me to investigate why the windows were not air tight. Please accept my apologies that you found your room somewhat small, we would of happily of found a more suitable room for you. I shall also be meeting with our linen provider to discuss the quality of our linen.

ANWR09, I look forward to hearing from you soon and do hope we can welcome you back to Jurys Inn Edinburgh in the near future.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

Great hotel, great room, great service, friendly staff, so near princes st, edinburgh castle! I love this place. Will definitely come back again! Love love love this place!!! We went in apr 2013 and spent just 2 nights there, its not enough and we will definitely return!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Noura170309
DeputyGM_JurysInn, Manager at Jurys Inn Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Dear Noura170309,

Thank you for taking the time to write such kind words regarding your recent stay with us here at Jurys Inn Edinburgh.

I was delighted to read that you loved Edinburgh and your Hotel, so much so that you cannot wait to return to us again.

Noura170309, I do hope you make it back to Edinburgh soon and we can welcome you back to Jurys Inn Edinburgh.