“A nice place to stay for a couple of days”

Jurys Inn Edinburgh
Ranked #115 of 151 Hotels in Edinburgh
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 16 May 2014

We stayed in Jurys Inn for a night. I highly appreciated the location - it is very close to the train station and the airport shuttle pick up spot. Also, there are Princes Gardens in a 5 minute walk and Princes street which is full of shops. The room was clean, although the beds were a bit damp as well as the bed linen so I cannot say that I slept well.

Room Tip: If you choose a room with a view, be prepared for substantial level of noise from trains.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
DeputyGM_JurysInn, Manager at Jurys Inn Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Dear Svetlana834,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences of Jurys Inn Edinburgh.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and that our Hotel was conveniently located for your needs. I must apologies that your sleep quality was not to our usual high standard. I would greatly appreciate it if you could contact me on the below email and detail your room number and dates of stay to enable me to investigate this further.

Svetlana834, I do hope we can welcome you back to Jurys Inn Edinburgh in the near future.

Richard_Pearson@jurysinns.com

Write a ReviewReviews (4,353)

Reviewed 15 May 2014

We stayed at the Jurys Inn for one night. The location was perfect for us, having arrived by train, as the Hotel is only 5 minutes walk from Waverley Station (Market Street Exit). The staff were friendly and helpful. The room was clean and quiet. Breakfast was most enjoyable. We would definitely recommend Jurys Inn Edinburgh.

Dear yourladyfriday,

Thank you for taking the time write such kind words regarding your stay with us here at Jurys Inn Edinburgh.

Our team endeavour to ensure our guests are made to feel welcome and comfortable while staying with us and are always delighted when this is reflected on our guests experiences. The best feedback we could ever receive is that they would recommend us and for that I thank you.

yourladyfriday, I do hope we can welcome you back to Jurys Inn Edinburgh in the near future.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

If you are arriving to Edinburgh by train, this hotel is an easy walk from the train station. While not a luxury hotel the price was low and the quality good. Our room faced the train station with a beautiful view, and the train noise was minimal. We booked for one night in advance, but they let us keep our room for an extra night for the same price even though it was a Friday night. Breakfast was worth the 7 pounds, then out the door, up a flight of steps to the royal mile almost dead middle. Good value in a clean room for a quick in-and-out trip to Edinburgh. May 2014.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear talos2357,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences of your recent stay with us here at Jurys Inn Edinburgh.

It was great to read that you found our Hotel was conveniently located for you needs while in Edinburgh and that it boasted such lovely views. Our Head Chef prides himself on providing a hearty breakfast and always appreciates it when this is reflected on our guests experience.

talos2357, I do hope we can welcome you back to Jurys Inn Edinburgh in the near future.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

I was booked a room here for a business stay in Edinburgh, so I can't commment on the value for money as I don't know how much the room was. The location is great if you are arriving by train, as it is literally a five minute walk from the station (if you come out of the right exit, which I didn't!). However, this does mean that the front rooms with a view are overlooking the station and even on a Sunday night there was a lot of traffic going in and out of Waverley. I was offered the choice on arrival of a quiet room or a room with a view, so I can't complain about the noise as I could have opted for a quiet room.
The room itself was perfectly ok, with adjustable heating and windows that opened. The bathrrom was only small and the shower curtain smelled a bit but for one night that was bearable. I am not really bothered by the fact that the shower gel bottle was screwed to the wall as mentioned by another reviewer, as my main reason for staying somewhere is not for the amount of toiletries that you can take away with you! The bed was a bit soft and is maybe due for a new mattress, but that might also be personal taste.
The breakfast wasn't brilliant and I would have hoped that the coffee would have been better given that there is a Costa attached ot the hotel. The decaffinated coffee was only instant and there was no decaf tea or hot chocolate as an alternative.
The staff were lovely and very helpful, and all of those that I met couldn't be faulted.
I would consider staying here again, if the price was ok, but I wouldn't have breakfast there as I am sure there are lots of places around and about to get a decent cooked breakfast for a lot less money. And I would pick a quiet room!

Room Tip: Take ear plugs if you opt for a room with a view (but to be honest the view isn't so amazing as...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Amanda052,

Thank you for taking the time to share you experiences of Jurys Inn Edinburgh.

It was great to read your constructive feedback regarding your stay and I enjoyed your comment 'my main reason for staying somewhere is not for the amount of toiletries that you can take away with you!'.

Firstly, I was delighted that you found our team lovely and friendly, I do feel it is the team that make our guests stay. I would greatly appreciate it if you could contact me directly on the below email with the room number you stayed in so I can investigate the mattress quality and shower curtain.

Amanda052, should you find yourself coming to Edinburgh on leisure trip, do contact me and I would be more than happy to ensure your arrangements were satisfactory.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

We stayed at the Jurys Inn Edinburgh on Saturday 10th May as we were attending a wedding. The location of the hotel was perfect as the ceremony was being held within walking distance. However, having paid £139 for the room, plus £20 (for two) for breakfast I was underwhelmed by the standard of the room and the breakfast. The room was distinctly average, small and nondescript. The bathroom was also average with the soap and shower gel dispensers bolted to the wall.... which says it all. I can put up with the shower in the bath if everything else is excellent; but it wasn't.

The breakfast - which cost £10 per head - was totally self-service, even the coffee and tea. In 2014 you expect at least your breakfast beverage to be fresh brewed and not out of a dispenser.

I would not recommend this hotel. There are many many other hotels in Edinburgh to choose from and I will certainly not stay at Jurys Inn again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank theweelady

Dear theweelady,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback regarding your recent stay with us here at Jurys Inn Edinburgh.

We appreciate all feedback to allow us to continuously improve both our product and service. We review our rates continuously to ensure we are competitively priced with all other Hotels at a similar standard to us within Edinburgh. Jurys Inn's are in the process of investing millions into our current portfolio to ensure consistent high standards throughout the group and Edinburgh is excited for when this reaches us later in the year. Jurys Inn as standard does provide a full self service breakfast as we find that this reduced waiting time for our guests and when they have a lovely city like Edinburgh to explore this is mostly preferable. However, I shall take your comments on board and review if this is something we could possibly begin.

theweelady, you stated that you would not stay in Jurys Inn again but I hope that you can give us another chance to show you what our guests have come to expect. If you do find yourself in Edinburgh in the near future please contact me directly and I shall be happy to look after your arrangements.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Bathroom was dirty, massively overpriced considering other hotels in the area. Stayed as I have had good experiences with Jury's previously but will definitely not be staying again. None of the staff were British, I would not have minded this if they could understand what I was saying but they couldn't. On the day I was checking out despite having a do not disturb sign in my door, the door was knocked several times asking when I was leaving....I left the room at 9:30am, an hour and a half before I had to be out but felt rushed. This hotel is a disgrace to the Jury's chain. I only stayed here for business, I have told my company to avid sending people here in future. A colleague that stayed at the same time also noted how awful the hotel was.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Lani_Cardiff

Dear Lani_Cardiff,

We appreciate all feedback to allow us to continuously improve both our product and service. Our Accommodation Manager prides herself on the cleanliness of her rooms and will be saddened to learn that your room was not up to our usual high standard and we shall be reviewing all current training to ensure all the team are consistent in their cleanliness and that all rooms with a 'Do Not Disturb' should be treated as the sign states. Our prices are competitively set in line with all Hotels of a similar standard to ours within Edinburgh.

With regards to your statement that none of the staff are British and we are a disgrace to Jurys Inn. One of the best things about working in Hotels is that you get to experience team members from all over the world and being British myself this is something that I am proud to say they can do with us. Every single team member in our Hotel endeavours to provide the highest level of service and this does reflect exactly that through the vast majority of reviews on TripAdvisor and for this I am massively proud of them for. However, I do understand that sometimes our guests do have different expectations and that we may not always meet these.

Lani_Cardiff, I thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

We had an overnight stay there and the staff were very welcoming and could not do enough for us. Breakfast was lovely, room spotless and comfortable beds. No noise in the evening and would be returning again. This is the Edinburgh hotel.

Room Tip: Very central to Princess Street and near the station. Would recommend the hotel for a weekend if yo...
1  Thank ShirleyT419

Dear ShirleyT419,

Thank you for taking the time to write such kind words regarding your recent stay with us here at Jurys Inn Edinburgh.

The team here always endeavour to go above and beyond for our guests and are delighted when this is reflected on your guests experience. Our Accommodation Manager prides herself on the cleanliness of her rooms and absolutely loves when this is reflected on our guests experience.

ShirleyT419, I do hope we can welcome you back to Jury Inn Edinburgh in the near future.