Jurys Inn Edinburgh
US$107
US$384
US$246
  • Restaurant
Murrayfield Hotel and House(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$122
Agoda.com
US$849
US$680
4,503 results
All reviewstrain stationroyal milegreat locationtriple roomprinces streetcentral locationhigh streetcalton hillbuffet breakfastwould stay againshort breakyogurtcastlepubs
Reviewed 24 May 2014

I stayed here to commute to Grangemouth (30 minutes by train) and was surprised by the reasonable cost as I use Aberdeen a lot and Edinburgh is half that cost!!
I upgraded to a superior room but for the extra cash, you get a bottle of water, a biscuit and an upper floor for the view.......of the railway sheds!!
I would not pay the upgrade next time personally, I would also want a room at the back of the hotel as the trains start early and even with windows closed tight...you hear every wheel...and I am a heavy sleeper!
Breakfast was average but identical to any Jurys Inn I have stayed at before but overall, it was clean, comfy and the staff were friendly.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
DeputyGM_JurysInn, Manager at Jurys Inn Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Dear Dave P,

Thank you for taking the time to share you experiences of Jurys Inn Edinburgh.

We always endeavour to ensure we are competitively priced with other Hotels within Edinburgh of a similar standard and I am pleased this was reflected on your stay. Our central location does give our Hotel a city buzz and we do have quieter rooms as you said on the rear of the Hotel. I was delighted that our team delivered their usual friendly and welcoming service.

Dave P, I do hope we can welcome you back to Jurys Inn Edinburgh in the near future.

Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

Spent one night here and obviously the company you're with makes up for a lot of the things this hotel may seem to lack (to hotel snobs that is). Firstly, we came ten minutes after check out time, and waited an extra five in a queue of one. Checked in, everything was going well until they advised us that housekeeping were still fixing up our room (tad awkward). Staff were friendly enough, nobody stood out too much though. Were promised free Costa with our booking which we had to ask for when checking out the next day. Room was basic, though very pristine. Not one stain in sight, and definitely not as dated as some of the reviews would lead you to believe. The bed was so comfy we didn't want to move the next day. Had a hair dryer, flat screen, multiple mirrors, an iron and ironing board and very big windows with a great view. We were on the 6th and highest floor. The hotel is very noisy, but this worked well for me and my partner as the sound of birds, everyday life and every train station arrival and departure was somewhat therapeutic (no joke you hear every announcement there is from Waverley). There was a broken light which someone came in to fix, although I had to invite them back later due to being in the shower at the time... they never did come back. From outside, the hotel does look very grim, like the slab section of B&Q. Perfect distance from everything however, seconds off the Royal Mile, and seconds from the station. In the morning before we left, we were getting ready and there was some balconey-like ledge outside the window, nothing any of the guests could access. Without any warning whatsoever, two builder type men walked past. Could have been somewhat embarrassing had we not been fully clothed. All in all I'm a very laid back person, and despite the number of negative points here I actually thoroughly enjoyed my stay. Very decent price compared to some of the probably even less basic hotels there are in Edinburgh. Would recommend to anyone on a budget, and would personally come back myself. Thanks guys :D

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Bryony G
DeputyGM_JurysInn, Manager at Jurys Inn Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2014

Dear Bryony G,

Thank you for taking the time to share you experiences of your recent stay with us at Jurys Inn Edinburgh.

We appreciate all feedback to enable us to continuously improve both our product and service. The best feedback we could ever receive is that our guests would firstly recommend us but most of all that they would return themselves and for this I thank you. I will certainly take on board all your comments and review the areas that we did not consistently deliver. Unfortunately, the look of the exterior building is actually protected by Edinburgh Council in order to maintain the cityscape of Old Town and so we embrace our building as a result.

Bryony G, I shall look forward to welcoming you back to Jurys Inn Edinburgh and do feel free to contact me should need assistance with any accommodation.

Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

It's in a good location close to train station and in the centre of Edinburgh. Most things in walking distance. Friendly staff. But the hotel room was dated and could go with an upgrade and room was very hot, it was a clean room. But for the price of £120 for one night I was expecting better.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
DeputyGM_JurysInn, Manager at Jurys Inn Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Dear alanmac1990,

Thank you for taking the time to share you experiences of Jurys Inn Edinburgh.

It was great to read that you found our Hotel conveniently located and your experience of our team was of their usual high standard of service.

Jurys Inn's are currently in the process of investing millions into their current portfolio to ensure a consistent high standard through the group and Edinburgh is excited when this reaches us towards the end of the year.

alanmac1990, I do hope we can welcome you back to Jurys Inn Edinburgh in the near future.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

First the positives. Excellent location just off the Royal Mile, and opposite the train station. Also the staff; they are super friendly and efficient. The hotel itself is just OK, rooms are clean and tidy and about travel lodge standard. Small bathroom was clean but looked like someone had let a six year old loose with a tube of white silicon. Also the shower tiles need a re grout, the once white grout looks brown and grubby. Not really worth the £100 plus per night paid. Lastly the architecture; it's a crime against design. As you walk over the bridge from Princes street you see the amazing vista of old town Edinburgh, with one exception, the concrete slab that is the Jury Hotel. Whoever designed it should be locked up and whoever approved the planning consent should be sharing their cell!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DCWManchester

Dear DCWManchester,

Thank you for taking the time to share you experiences of Jurys Inn Edinburgh.

I was delighted that you found our team super friendly and efficient they are always delighted when their hospitality is reflected on our guests stay. The building is quite a number of years old and believe or not is actually protected by Edinburgh City Council creating limitations for us to change the aesthetics. Our Accommodation Manager prides herself on the cleanliness of her rooms and will appreciate that this was the experience of your stay.

DCWManchester, I do hope we can welcome you back to Jurys Inn Edinburgh in the near future.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

We arrived Edinburgh by the train from Glasgow, and it was a convenient place to stay since it was a simple five minutes walk from the station. We stayed there for one night, then another two nights. They kindly allowed us to store our luggage there during our multi-day tour until we come back for the second stay.

We stayed in a room fit for three people, and it was clean, well-furnished and decent with a good view of the city. I was initially worried that being situated in front of the train station meant enduring the hourly rumble of trains but the windows held off well. It's also a short walk to the shopping area. Staff were friendly and very helpful with enquiries. Good stay at a good price, would definitely come again!

Room Tip: Shamelessly ask if they could provide a free upgrade, they might give you (we got it).
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear ili_ann,

Thank you for taking the time to write such kind words regarding your stay with us here at Jurys Inn Edinburgh.

The team here endeavour to make our guest feel welcome and comfortable and I was delight to read this was reflected on your experiences. I was pleased that the Hotel was conveniently located for your needs whilst in Edinburgh.

ili_ann, I do hope we can welcome you back to Jurys Inn Edinburgh in the near future.