“Perfect location”

Jurys Inn Edinburgh
Ranked #118 of 151 Hotels in Edinburgh
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Hotels has great location, service is also very good, only one issue with receptionist first day the lady was unpolite and her behavior was weird, but the rest was great, staff very friendly and helpful.Location perfect 100m from bus and trail stations.
Brekfast great, only rooms are very basic and cold.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
DeputyGM_JurysInn, Manager at Jurys Inn Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Dear Marks_8383,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback regarding your recent stay with us here at Jurys Inn Edinburgh.

I was delighted that you find the Hotel conveniently located and the service to be of our usual high standard. I am concerned about the receptionist you spoke of and to allow me to look into this further, I would greatly appreciate it if you could contact me on the below email with further information.

Marks_8383, I hope to hear from you soon and to welcoming you back to Jurys Inn Edinburgh in the near future.

Richard_Pearson@jurysinns.com

Write a ReviewReviews (4,281)

Reviewed 10 June 2014

This hotel is in a ideal spot only a few minutes walk from Waverley train station and the same again onto the Royal Mile.

The staff are very friendly and helpful. They are willing to hold luggage before and after check-in/out if you arrive early/are leaving late. I found this really handy, there is nothing worse than having to lug around bags all day.

Being a Jury's Inn you sort of know what you will get which is why I chose this hotel. The cost on the Sunday night was almost half of that on the Saturday night however! So it would be good to keep this in mind when going for a weekend.

Our room had a great view over the city centre beyond the train station. The only thing that is keeping me from rating this 5/5 is that the rooms are a little outdated and could be done with a makeover. Other than that the rooms were spacious, clean and tidy. Beds were comfortable and there was good selection of tv channels, tea and coffee. Would come again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear MelissaLeslie,

Thank you for taking the time to write such kind words regarding your stay with us here at Jurys Inn Edinburgh.

i was delighted to read that you found the Hotel conveniently located for your needs whilst in Edinburgh. The team always go above and beyond to make our guests feel welcome and comfortable while staying with us and it was great to read that this was reflected on your stay.

Jurys Inn's are currently in the process of investing in all the current Hotels and Edinburgh looks forward to this reaching us towards the end of the year.

MelissaLeslie, I do hope we can welcome you back to Jurys Inn Edinburgh in the near future.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Perfect location for me, two minutes' stroll from Waverley main railway station. It's an ugly, modern concrete building but, hey, once you're inside what does that matter. My room (710) had brilliant views and was a reasonable size with comfortable bed and choice of firm or softer pillows. It was perfectly clean. The bathroom was spotless, but had a short bath with fixed liquid soap dispensers that could only be reached if you were having a shower. Reception staff were friendly and efficient. It's the first hotel I've stayed in where you have to go outside, across a vehicular access, to reach the elevators/bar/restaurant from reception - but I enjoy the eccentric! The windows are double glazed but, if you are a light sleeper, the noise from the trains, traffic, and the bleeping vehicle from 7-7.30 will dusturb you - ask for a room away from the front. But if, like me, you sleep well, the views from room 710 are worth a little disturbance.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Dear David C,

Thank you for taking the time to write such kind words regarding your experiences of Jurys Inn Edinburgh.

It was great to read that you enjoyed your stay and the location of our Hotel does give us the great advantage of fantastic views of Edinburgh. I love the description of how the Hotel has a 'pend' or as we like to call it Scotland a 'close' as eccentric. We are currently looking at ways of overcoming the slight noise from Waverley Station as our guests good night sleep is paramount for us at Jurys Inn Edinburgh.

David C, I do hope we can welcome you back to Jurys Inn Edinburgh in the near future.

Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed for one night with work. Hotel doesn't look much from outside but inside is very clean and tidy. I found all the staff very pleasant and helpful. Dined in the restaurant and I can certainly recommend the lemon chicken breast, was lovely and moist. The only downside is my room had no air con which it stated to have on my confirmation. Couldn't imagine staying there in the summer months without air con as my room was warm during the night and couldn't leave the windows open as it's opposite the train station so too noisy for that. Overall though I would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014

Dear Jaye577,

Thank you for taking the time to share you experiences of your recent stay with us here at Jurys Inn Edinburgh.

I am delighted that your found our team to be polite and helpful, we endeavour to always make our guests to feel welcome and comfortable and it is always appreciated when this is reflected on our guests stay.

Unfortunately, we do not have the please of Air Con due to the building, however we do currently provide fans on request at the Front Desk and we are looking to put one in all our guests bedrooms for the summer months.

Jaye577, I do hope we can welcome you back to Jurys Inn Edinburgh in the near future.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

What can you say it is a chain hotel. Rooms were very small. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Great Location, short walk to the royal mile, Edinburgh castle and rose street where all the eateries are. Windows need double glazing, and bedrooms on a whole need TLC.

Room Tip: Not any where near the street.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Dear Emma A,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback regarding your stay here at Jurys Inn Edinburgh.

We appreciate all feedback to allow us to continuously improve both our product and service. The team here continuously endeavour to provide a warm and welcoming service and I am delighted that this is reflected on your stay.

Jurys Inn are in the process of investing all the current Hotels and we in Edinburgh are looking forward to this reaching us later this year.

Emma A, I hope you had an enjoyable trip back to Australia and I do hope we can welcome you back soon.

Richard_Pearosn@jurysinns.com

Reviewed 5 June 2014

This hotel was clean and 1 block away from the Royal Mile. So it was very convenient to everything. Breakfast was included. It was varied with hot and cold foods. The room were large. The service was very good. No complaints.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Dear 102anytimetraveler,

Thank you for taking the time to share you experiences of Jurys Inn Edinburgh.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and the Hotel was conveniently located for your needs.

102anytimetraveler, I do hope we can welcome you back to Jurys Inn Edinburgh in the near future.

Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

My partner and I have been travelling throughout europe for the last 6 weeks with the Jurys Inn Edinburgh being our last hotel stay in europe. The management at this hotel have done a wonderful job in staff recruitment and training as I have found them all totally professional whilst maintaining that personal touch and character , which forgives a few of the negatives with this hotel. The rooms are , as management are aware of, in need of urgent refurbishment but they are clean comfortable and functional with the exception of the toilet in our room. It has been repaired repaired and repaired that flushing is a long drawn out task. Tea making facilities are a plus but no bar fridge or air conditioning. The rooms have iron and ironing board YESSS. Breakfast is not fancy but provides a good hearty variety and you would be real fussy if you didnt find something to your liking. I would definitely return and certainly recommend to others. Send some your staff here to Jurys Inn Prague they could certainly learn from the management and staff from Jurys Inn Edinburgh.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear thai-riffic,

I was absolutely delighted to read that you experienced our teams usual warm and welcoming hospitality, we all endeavour to make out guests feel comfortable and welcome and we always appreciate it when this is reflected on our guests stay.

Jurys Inn's are in the process of investing in all of the current portfolio and the team here in Edinburgh are excited for this to arrive to us towards the end of the year.

thai-riffic, the best piece of feedback our guests can give us is that they would return and recommend us to their friends and for this I thank you. I do hope we can welcome you back to Jurys Inn Edinburgh in the near future.