Jurys Inn Edinburgh
HotelIndigo.com
US$179
US$167
  • Pool
Ibis Edinburgh Centre South Bridge(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$107
US$119
US$110
Agoda.com
4,505 results
All reviewstrain stationroyal milegreat locationtriple roomprinces streetcentral locationhigh streetcalton hillbuffet breakfastwould stay againshort breakyogurtcastlepubs
Reviewed 14 June 2014

My friends and I stayed at the Jurys Inn at the beginning of our vacation. If you're arriving from the Edinburgh Airport and don't need a car, take the Airlink 100 bus from the airport to Waverly Station (cost 4 pounds one way). The bus is comfortable, has luggage racks and wifi. From Waverly Station (end of the route), it's a 5 minute walk to the hotel. If your room rate/package includes breakfast, there is an extensive breakfast buffet. The hotel has free wifi and it's a quick walk up the stairs behind the hotel to the Royal Mile (the road that has Edinburgh Castle on one end and Holyrood Palace at the other). Up those stairs from the Royal Mile, there is a little tea room called Forsythe's - perfect for a hot drink to duck out of the rain. If you want a great baked potato (tattie) there is a shop right around the corner from the main entrance called Tempting Tattie. The hotel staff was great about storing our luggage on arrival since we arrived in the morning.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
DeputyGM_JurysInn, Manager at Jurys Inn Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Dear TravelerForGood,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences of Jurys Inn Edinburgh.

It was great to read that you found the location of our Hotel convenient for all your needs whilst visiting our wonderful city.

TravelerForGood, I do hope we can welcome you back to Jurys Inn Edinburgh in the near future.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Hotels has great location, service is also very good, only one issue with receptionist first day the lady was unpolite and her behavior was weird, but the rest was great, staff very friendly and helpful.Location perfect 100m from bus and trail stations.
Brekfast great, only rooms are very basic and cold.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Marks_8383,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback regarding your recent stay with us here at Jurys Inn Edinburgh.

I was delighted that you find the Hotel conveniently located and the service to be of our usual high standard. I am concerned about the receptionist you spoke of and to allow me to look into this further, I would greatly appreciate it if you could contact me on the below email with further information.

Marks_8383, I hope to hear from you soon and to welcoming you back to Jurys Inn Edinburgh in the near future.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

This hotel is in a ideal spot only a few minutes walk from Waverley train station and the same again onto the Royal Mile.

The staff are very friendly and helpful. They are willing to hold luggage before and after check-in/out if you arrive early/are leaving late. I found this really handy, there is nothing worse than having to lug around bags all day.

Being a Jury's Inn you sort of know what you will get which is why I chose this hotel. The cost on the Sunday night was almost half of that on the Saturday night however! So it would be good to keep this in mind when going for a weekend.

Our room had a great view over the city centre beyond the train station. The only thing that is keeping me from rating this 5/5 is that the rooms are a little outdated and could be done with a makeover. Other than that the rooms were spacious, clean and tidy. Beds were comfortable and there was good selection of tv channels, tea and coffee. Would come again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear MelissaLeslie,

Thank you for taking the time to write such kind words regarding your stay with us here at Jurys Inn Edinburgh.

i was delighted to read that you found the Hotel conveniently located for your needs whilst in Edinburgh. The team always go above and beyond to make our guests feel welcome and comfortable while staying with us and it was great to read that this was reflected on your stay.

Jurys Inn's are currently in the process of investing in all the current Hotels and Edinburgh looks forward to this reaching us towards the end of the year.

MelissaLeslie, I do hope we can welcome you back to Jurys Inn Edinburgh in the near future.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Perfect location for me, two minutes' stroll from Waverley main railway station. It's an ugly, modern concrete building but, hey, once you're inside what does that matter. My room (710) had brilliant views and was a reasonable size with comfortable bed and choice of firm or softer pillows. It was perfectly clean. The bathroom was spotless, but had a short bath with fixed liquid soap dispensers that could only be reached if you were having a shower. Reception staff were friendly and efficient. It's the first hotel I've stayed in where you have to go outside, across a vehicular access, to reach the elevators/bar/restaurant from reception - but I enjoy the eccentric! The windows are double glazed but, if you are a light sleeper, the noise from the trains, traffic, and the bleeping vehicle from 7-7.30 will dusturb you - ask for a room away from the front. But if, like me, you sleep well, the views from room 710 are worth a little disturbance.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Dear David C,

Thank you for taking the time to write such kind words regarding your experiences of Jurys Inn Edinburgh.

It was great to read that you enjoyed your stay and the location of our Hotel does give us the great advantage of fantastic views of Edinburgh. I love the description of how the Hotel has a 'pend' or as we like to call it Scotland a 'close' as eccentric. We are currently looking at ways of overcoming the slight noise from Waverley Station as our guests good night sleep is paramount for us at Jurys Inn Edinburgh.

David C, I do hope we can welcome you back to Jurys Inn Edinburgh in the near future.

Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed for one night with work. Hotel doesn't look much from outside but inside is very clean and tidy. I found all the staff very pleasant and helpful. Dined in the restaurant and I can certainly recommend the lemon chicken breast, was lovely and moist. The only downside is my room had no air con which it stated to have on my confirmation. Couldn't imagine staying there in the summer months without air con as my room was warm during the night and couldn't leave the windows open as it's opposite the train station so too noisy for that. Overall though I would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014

Dear Jaye577,

Thank you for taking the time to share you experiences of your recent stay with us here at Jurys Inn Edinburgh.

I am delighted that your found our team to be polite and helpful, we endeavour to always make our guests to feel welcome and comfortable and it is always appreciated when this is reflected on our guests stay.

Unfortunately, we do not have the please of Air Con due to the building, however we do currently provide fans on request at the Front Desk and we are looking to put one in all our guests bedrooms for the summer months.

Jaye577, I do hope we can welcome you back to Jurys Inn Edinburgh in the near future.