“No room service”

Jurys Inn Edinburgh
Ranked #116 of 151 Hotels in Edinburgh
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 17 June 2014

The Jurys Inn is very conveniently located within very easy walking distance of Waverley train station and the Royal Mile. The accommodation is pretty basic, and it all looks a bit tired, but I think that is fine relative to the price. What disappointed me, as a business traveller, was the lack of availability of room service.

Room Tip: Choose a high floor, as it can be a bit noisy - I heard lots of bottle recycling noises during the n...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
DeputyGM_JurysInn, Manager at Jurys Inn Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Dear ccftripper,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback regarding your recent experience of Jurys Inn Edinburgh.

We appreciate all feedback to allow us to continue to improve both our product and service. Room Service is not something that we have a large demand for within Edinburgh, however I shall take your comments on board and look into whether this is something we can offer in the near future.

ccftripper, I do hope we can welcome you back to Jurys Inn Edinburgh in the near future.

Richard_Pearson@jurysinns.com

Write a ReviewReviews (4,182)

Reviewed 16 June 2014

The staff and location make this hotel. Hotel is in a fantastic location in the heart of Edinburgh. The staff are polite, friendly and very efficient. The rooms are tired and need updating, the shower in our room wouldn't full turn off. We we're offer a room with a view or a quiet room, we picked the quiet one, but it was very noisy, woken up at 1.30 with someone emptying the recycled bottles, as we were also over the alley lots of people shouting, I know that's not the hotels fault but they need to think about which rooms they offer as quiet, we didn't get much sleep, and as we live but a train track we are use to noise! Breakfast was ok, but at £10 a head, pricey and not good value for money. You can leave your bags in their secure room which was a great bonus and a nice touch. Would I stay here again, not sure!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank tuemark2

Dear tuemark2,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback regarding your recent stay with us here at Jurys Inn Edinburgh.

Our team here always endeavour to go above and beyond for guests and we always appreciate it when this is reflected on our guests stay. Jurys Inn's are in the process of investing in all the Hotels and we look forward to this reaching Edinburgh towards the end of the year.

tuemark2, you said you were unsure if you would return, but if you do find yourself in Edinburgh, please contact me directly and I would be more than happy to make any necessary arrangements. I do hope we can welcome you back to Jurys Inn Edinburgh in the near future.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

I first made a reservation for one night and one day before we flew another 2 days on our way back to Edinburgh. Unfortunately i made a mistake in booking, i booked the actual instead of the next months. I remarked it only after the first night in the Juris Inn, went to reception and explained the mistake and asked for the correction. No chance, they will keep the money for two nights. The manager was of coarse not available and when a phoned back on the telephone number they give me no change to speak with him! Never again i will book in this hotel!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank PinguinBern

Dear PinguinBern,

Firstly, let me offer my sincere apologies for your experiences of Jurys Inn Edinburgh. I can assure you that we always do our very best to resolve any issues our guests may experience while staying with us.

I am extremely eager to speak with you regarding this issue as I can assure you, your review is the first I have heard of this situation and also in my absence we have a Duty Manager in the Hotel 24 hours a day who should of come straight out and speak to you regardless of what they may doing at this time.

PinguinBern, if you could contact me on the below email address on 0131 2003300 to allow me to look into your reservation to see what I can do and also to find out, which manager was 'unavailable', I would be very grateful.

I do hope to speak with you soon.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Hotel is two minutes walk from Waverley Station, as close to Royal Mile room large and clean,breakfast well worth the money,ideally situated for easy access to all major attractions in Edinburgh, restaurants and bars close by

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Gretna_12,

Thank you for taking the time to write such kind words regarding your stay with here at Jurys Inn Edinburgh.

Our Head Chef understands the importance of providing a hearty breakfast to set our guests up for a day out in our wonderful city and always appreciates it when this is reflected on their stay.

Gretna_12, I do hope we can welcome you back to Jurys Inn Edinburgh in the near future.

Richard_Pearson@Jurysinns.com

Reviewed 15 June 2014

This hotel is walking distance from Waverley Train station, walking distance fro the Royal Mile, it all worked. It is useful to use as we did requiring on night before starting a tour.
No complaints as they say it does what says on the tin. The breakfast was good.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear WhiteLightinX,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experiences of Jurys Inn Edinburgh.

I was great to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and our location allowed you to enjoy all the wonderful sights Edinburgh has to offer.

WhiteLightinX, I do hope we can welcome you back to Jurys Inn Edinburgh in the near future.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

My friends and I stayed at the Jurys Inn at the beginning of our vacation. If you're arriving from the Edinburgh Airport and don't need a car, take the Airlink 100 bus from the airport to Waverly Station (cost 4 pounds one way). The bus is comfortable, has luggage racks and wifi. From Waverly Station (end of the route), it's a 5 minute walk to the hotel. If your room rate/package includes breakfast, there is an extensive breakfast buffet. The hotel has free wifi and it's a quick walk up the stairs behind the hotel to the Royal Mile (the road that has Edinburgh Castle on one end and Holyrood Palace at the other). Up those stairs from the Royal Mile, there is a little tea room called Forsythe's - perfect for a hot drink to duck out of the rain. If you want a great baked potato (tattie) there is a shop right around the corner from the main entrance called Tempting Tattie. The hotel staff was great about storing our luggage on arrival since we arrived in the morning.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Dear TravelerForGood,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences of Jurys Inn Edinburgh.

It was great to read that you found the location of our Hotel convenient for all your needs whilst visiting our wonderful city.

TravelerForGood, I do hope we can welcome you back to Jurys Inn Edinburgh in the near future.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Hotels has great location, service is also very good, only one issue with receptionist first day the lady was unpolite and her behavior was weird, but the rest was great, staff very friendly and helpful.Location perfect 100m from bus and trail stations.
Brekfast great, only rooms are very basic and cold.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Marks_8383,

I was delighted that you find the Hotel conveniently located and the service to be of our usual high standard. I am concerned about the receptionist you spoke of and to allow me to look into this further, I would greatly appreciate it if you could contact me on the below email with further information.

Marks_8383, I hope to hear from you soon and to welcoming you back to Jurys Inn Edinburgh in the near future.