Jurys Inn Edinburgh
US$491
US$237
US$181
  • Pool
Ibis Edinburgh Centre Royal Mile(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$167
US$153
  • Bar/Lounge
Fraser Suites Edinburgh(Edinburgh)
US$207
  • Restaurant
Apex Grassmarket Hotel(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$151
US$140
US$201
US$185
US$276
US$256
US$226
  • Pool
Apex City of Edinburgh Hotel(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$164
US$152
US$222
US$203
4,458 results
All reviewstrain stationroyal milegreat locationtriple roomprinces streetcentral locationhigh streetcalton hillbuffet breakfastwould stay againshort breakyogurtcastlepubs
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Probably one of the noisiest hotels i have staid in.

Pub revellers shouting in the streets till about 3am and then bin men dragging industrial size wheelie bins to and from the hotel from 5.30am.

Beggars and Homeless people in almost every doorway on the road leading up to the hotel.

My room was facing the back lane and stunk of sewers. I actually had a bed head off it in the morning.

Only good thing i can say about this hotel is the location and the breakfast.

I would not recommend this hotel and i will not be staying again.

Room Tip: Try and get a room that doesn't face the back lane otherwise you will have an old stone building wall staring at you
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank my_reviews_uk
DeputyGM_JurysInn, Manager at Jurys Inn Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Dear my_reviews_uk,

We appreciate all feedback to allow us to continuously improve both our product and service. I can assure you that I shall be looking into the points raised to ensure this does not happen again in the future.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

On the plus side, Location is great for old town and convenient for Waverley train station and staff were polite and helpful. My biggest problem was that we were unable to sleep because of the oppressive heat in our room as there is no air conditioning units in any of the rooms. This might be ok in winter but definitely a must for summer in the south facing rooms which act like a greenhouse. Despite being given a portable fan which just blew the hot air around, I even ended up opening our bedroom door for an hour in the middle of the night as the corridor was cooler... Not very private! The rooms were also a bit tired and in need of refurb.

Room Tip: Get a room facing north in the summer!!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Donny C,

We appreciate all feedback to allow us to continuously improve both our product and service. Unfortunately, being an old building we do not have the pleasure of A/C, however, this is something we are looking into when we receive our refurbishment later this year.

Donny C, I do hope we can welcome you back to Jurys Inn Edinburgh in the near future.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

Well trained staff helped in anything I needed. This made up for the shabby look of the hotel. The rooms need a good dusting. Sheets were clean. Bed too small for a double but great as a single. Larger blackout curtains are needed. My room had a view but was noisy. (Staff warned me). Bathroom - broken shower head. Good hairdryer. Good location close to train station and national museum.

• Stayed: June 2014

Dear Liz-ellie,

Liz-ellie, I do hope to hear from you in the near future.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Had an overnight stay in this hotel in June 2014. Facilities poor and I felt it was very over priced. Very noisy room, was awoken early hours of Sunday morning with workers emptying bins and pushing laundry carts around outside. Other wise was clean enough and breakfast acceptable.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Dear emclernon,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback regarding your recent stay with us here at Jurys Inn Edinburgh. We appreciate all feedback to allow us to continuously improve both our product and service. I can assure you I shall be investigating the points raised to ensure this does not occur again in the future.

emclernon, I do hope to hear from you in the near future.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

We stayed in Jury's for 9 nights in June. The location was good in terms of proximity to the Royal Mile. The location was bad in that there is noise all night. There is no air conditioning in the rooms, so on hot nights you have to choose - a suffocating room or noise from the bars and early morning commercial deliveries. The food was really, really good. We had dinner at the hotel one night and it was truly exceptional - seriously almost gourmet. Breakfast was good, but exactly the same every single day - beware if you purchase the breakfast plan and want variety. As far as cleanliness - I have no idea what standards other reviewers have for cleanliness, but our room was seriously not cleaned the entire time we were there. They made the beds and gave us towels, but it did not seem that anything else was done the entire time. By the end of our 9 nights it was seriously disgusting in there. Hair all over the bathroom, empty soap dispensers that were not refilled, dust on all the surfaces, used water glasses that were never taken and replaced, dirty carpet. I don't know if we got a bum housekeeper, but I am seriously disappointed in the entire experience because of the lack of cleaning. We spent a lot of money staying there and I feel we deserved better than that. I think shorter stays may be less obvious - the room is clean when you get there and if you are just there a night or two you wouldn't think much about it. I always clean the room before we leave - everything is picked up, surfaces are organized and straightened, etc. There is no excuse for them not cleaning because I made it easy, as I always try to do. On a more positive note, the public areas were very clean.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank gina k

Dear gina k,

We appreciate all feedback to allow us to continuously improve both our product and service. I would greatly appreciate it if you could email me with more detail to allow me to investigate this further to ensure this does not occur again in the future.

gina k, I do hope to hear from you in the near future.