“Great hotel and excellent value for money!!”

Jurys Inn Edinburgh
Ranked #115 of 150 Hotels in Edinburgh
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Stayed at this hotel for three nights on a family city break to Edinburgh. Rooms basic but very clean and great value. Breakfast excellent with huge choice and freshly cooked - kept us going through the day!!
Staff helpful and helped us book some trips etc.
Perfect location for shopping/sightseeing and near some good restaurants etc. Have booked another trip. Would recommend.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank JoMc13
DeputyGM_JurysInn, Manager at Jurys Inn Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Dear JoMc13,

Thank you for taking the time to write such kind words regarding your experiences of Jurys Inn Edinburgh.

It was absolutely fantastic to read that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay and that you have already rebooked to visit us again.

Please do drop me an email with your reservation details and I shall ensure everything is all above board for your arrival.

JoMc13, I shall look forward to welcoming you back to Jurys Inn Edinburgh.

There are newer reviews for Jurys Inn Edinburgh

Reviewed 10 August 2014

We stayed here one night. Arriving late in Edinburgh this was the only hotel available ( it was during the Commonwealth games)So we suspect the price was a lot higher than normal.
However the staff were good, and we couldn't fault the room.It was large ,clean and modern.There were biscuits with the tea making facilities.
The only draw back is the Waverley Train Station opposite. The trains don't stop until nearly 1 am and then start again about 3.30am.
We would probably not stay here again, only because of the trains.

Room Tip: Don't get the rooms facing the train station
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Wendy G,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences of Jurys Inn Edinburgh.

I was pleased to read that our team were there usual welcoming and personable selves. I was disappointed to read that you would not return. Our location does mean that you can hear the hustle and bustle of Waverley Train station, however, we do have rooms on the opposite side of the Hotel which are somewhat quieter.

Wendy G, I do hope we can welcome you back to Jurys Inn Edinburgh. If you do please contact me and I shall be happy to assist with any arrangements and ensure you are allocated a room on the other side of the Hotel.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

Located off the Royal Mile, the staff are very helpful and friendly. During the festival (August) the room rate at €250 (room only) is exorbitant. There is no air con and the bedrooms to the front are subject to serious noise from the road below. However, the undercooked and "high"(rotten) chicken wings served in the bar were dangerous and inexcusable: so be warned as the standard of kitchen management is suspect.

Room Tip: The rooms to the front are to be avoided.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Dear Gerry C,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback regarding your experiences of Jurys Inn Edinburgh.

I am hugely disappointed to read that you had an issue with your meal. I can assure you that our Head Chef adheres to strict Food Safety Policy as set out by the Scottish Legislation and we have recently undergone an Environmental Health audit of which we passed.

I believe you have since emailed our Customer Contact Centre, from this we shall be in touch directly to offer our further apologies.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

My friends and I stayed in this hotel recently and were very disappointed with the standard of the bathroom in our hotel. The floor was covered in hair and the sink was very badly cracked so much so that you could have cut yourself on it! The staff were all fantastic and the bedroom and reception areas were all clean and tidy. We felt it was very expensive for a room of this standard £204 for a triple room on a room only basis! It was very handy for the Waverley Station but I don't know if this would tempt me back.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Katepatt,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback regarding your recent stay with us here at Jurys Inn Edinburgh.

I am hugely disappointed to read the issues you experienced with the bathroom, our Accommodation Manager takes great pride in her rooms and I can assure you this is not the norm for us. I would greatly appreciate it if you could contact me directly and inform me of the date you stayed and which room you were staying in, to allow me to investigate this further to ensure it does not occur again in the future.

Katepatt, I do hope we can welcome you back to Jurys Inn Edinburgh and I do hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 5 days for business. Hotel is in a great location one passage from the Royal Mile and next to Waverley Station.

For the price its good value. The rooms are decent size (bigger than deluxe rooms at the thistle) but are quite basic. Breakfast was OK with good porridge and fried breakfast options, the coffee was terrible though.

The main downsides are the hotel doesn't have a gym and the curtains didn't shut properly so very light and noisy in the room! The bathroom fixtures and fittings could do with an upgrade the bath taps were so stiff I almost flooded the place!

Might stay again due to location if just a night or two but are better options like the MacDonald Holy rood or Crowne Plaza Roxburgh which are much nicer.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank auditmunki

Dear auditmunki,

Thank you for taking the time to share you experiences of Jurys Inn Edinburgh.

I was pleased to read that you found our location convenient for your needs whilst in Edinburgh. Jurys Inns are currently in the process of investing in our portfolio and Edinburgh is excited for when this reaches us later this year.

auditmunki, if you do find yourself need accommodation in Edinburgh, please do contact me directly and I would be happy to assist with any arrangements.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

I was traveling with my brother and sister and all 3 of us were very happy with our stay. The location is great and the hotel is clean, comfy, and welcoming. We arrived quite early in the day, but our rooms were ready and waiting. We had asked for quiet rooms and none of us noticed any extra noise. Bartenders are fun, too. It was a quick, easy walk to pick up our rental car. Couldn't ask for more.

Room Tip: Just ask for a quiet room. We asked and received.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear gigijd,

Thank you for taking the time to write such kind words regarding your stay with us here at Jurys Inn Edinburgh.

I was delighted to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and that team delivered their usual welcoming and personable service.

gigijd, I do hope we can welcome you back to Jurys Inn Edinburgh in the near future.

Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed one night in July, hotel is very centrally located and just a short stroll to Edinburgh Castle and shopping district. Bedrooms were clean and staff were very helpful. Requested an iron and ironing board and were brought straight to room. Breakfast the next morning was great, lots of variety from hot/cold. Would suggest this hotel for anyone looking for a good deal close to the centre.

Stayed: July 2014

Dear Summersun2011_11,

I was delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and I shall pass on your kind comments to the team. It was great to read that you enjoyed our breakfast offering as we have just relaunched this recently and so your feedback is just fantastic.

Summersun2011_11, I do hope we can welcome you back to Jurys Inn Edinburgh in the near future.