“Nice experience”

Jurys Inn Edinburgh
Ranked #115 of 151 Hotels in Edinburgh
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 11 August 2014

I spent three beautiful days with my husband at Jurys Inn Edinburgh. The attention was very good and breakfast was excellent. I had the opportunity to chose the bedroom looking to the gardens, not to the railways so I did not hear noises while sleeping.

Room Tip: Do not chose rooms looking to new city.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
DeputyGM_JurysInn, Manager at Jurys Inn Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Dear Amalia J,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences of Jurys Inn Edinburgh.

Our Head Chef takes pride in providing our guests with a hearty breakfast to set our guests up for a day of exploring our wonderful city and we are delighted this was reflected on your experiences.

Amalia J, I do hope we can welcome you back to Jurys Inn Edinburgh in the near future.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

We only stayed at the Jury Inn in Edinburgh for 1 night, and have only good things to say about it. When we arrived we were provided with the room straight away by the very welcoming reception staff. The hotel was clean, and the room was also extremely clean, spacious, quiet, and always kept at a lovely warm temperature, which was perfect when we came in freezing from the tattoo at night. We were provided with a kettle, hairdryer, teas, milk, coffee, sugar, a TV, and everything worked as it should. There was a good atmosphere throughout, and the staff were very helpful in allowing our bags to be kept in the storage room on the last day so we didn't have to carry them around, and they also let us stay in the lobby for hours to relax before we headed back home,

Room Tip: The rooms at the front have the views but you may be able to hear the trains, we didn't mind abo...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Dear lauren m,

Thank you for taking the time to write such kind words regarding your recent stay with us here at Jurys Inn Edinburgh.

The team here always endeavour to make our guests fell welcome and comfortable while staying with us and I am delighted that this was reflected on your stay.

lauren m, I do hope we can welcome you back to Jurys Inn Edinburgh in the near future.

Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

We were attending a wedding in Edinburgh and stayed one night at jury's in Edinburgh. Obviously we didn't spend a huge amount of time in the hotel. Sadly I can't review it's food and we were too late up for breakfast. I can say the service was great - helpful friendly staff happy to assist getting Taxi's etc. the room was clean and tidy. I think newly painted as it was very fresh looking. The bed we had was quite hard but comfy. I'm not a huge fan of soft beds. Facilities were supplied tea, coffee, hair dryer, iron etc. The street noise from the city centre and Waverley station is completely unavoidable due to the amazing central location. Having said that, with the windows closed, it didn't disturb our sleep or wake us in the morning. Altogether a really pleasant stay in Edinburgh and we would definitely go back!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
DeputyGM_JurysInn, Manager at Jurys Inn Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Dear Claire H,

Our team always endeavour to make our guest feel welcome and comfortable while staying with us and I was delighted to read that this was your experience.

Claire H, I do hope we can welcome you back to Jurys Inn Edinburgh in the near future.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

Stayed at this hotel for three nights on a family city break to Edinburgh. Rooms basic but very clean and great value. Breakfast excellent with huge choice and freshly cooked - kept us going through the day!!
Staff helpful and helped us book some trips etc.
Perfect location for shopping/sightseeing and near some good restaurants etc. Have booked another trip. Would recommend.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank JoMc13

Dear JoMc13,

Thank you for taking the time to write such kind words regarding your experiences of Jurys Inn Edinburgh.

It was absolutely fantastic to read that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay and that you have already rebooked to visit us again.

Please do drop me an email with your reservation details and I shall ensure everything is all above board for your arrival.

JoMc13, I shall look forward to welcoming you back to Jurys Inn Edinburgh.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

We stayed here one night. Arriving late in Edinburgh this was the only hotel available ( it was during the Commonwealth games)So we suspect the price was a lot higher than normal.
However the staff were good, and we couldn't fault the room.It was large ,clean and modern.There were biscuits with the tea making facilities.
The only draw back is the Waverley Train Station opposite. The trains don't stop until nearly 1 am and then start again about 3.30am.
We would probably not stay here again, only because of the trains.

Room Tip: Don't get the rooms facing the train station
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Wendy G,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences of Jurys Inn Edinburgh.

I was pleased to read that our team were there usual welcoming and personable selves. I was disappointed to read that you would not return. Our location does mean that you can hear the hustle and bustle of Waverley Train station, however, we do have rooms on the opposite side of the Hotel which are somewhat quieter.

Wendy G, I do hope we can welcome you back to Jurys Inn Edinburgh. If you do please contact me and I shall be happy to assist with any arrangements and ensure you are allocated a room on the other side of the Hotel.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

Located off the Royal Mile, the staff are very helpful and friendly. During the festival (August) the room rate at €250 (room only) is exorbitant. There is no air con and the bedrooms to the front are subject to serious noise from the road below. However, the undercooked and "high"(rotten) chicken wings served in the bar were dangerous and inexcusable: so be warned as the standard of kitchen management is suspect.

Room Tip: The rooms to the front are to be avoided.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Dear Gerry C,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback regarding your experiences of Jurys Inn Edinburgh.

I am hugely disappointed to read that you had an issue with your meal. I can assure you that our Head Chef adheres to strict Food Safety Policy as set out by the Scottish Legislation and we have recently undergone an Environmental Health audit of which we passed.

I believe you have since emailed our Customer Contact Centre, from this we shall be in touch directly to offer our further apologies.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

My friends and I stayed in this hotel recently and were very disappointed with the standard of the bathroom in our hotel. The floor was covered in hair and the sink was very badly cracked so much so that you could have cut yourself on it! The staff were all fantastic and the bedroom and reception areas were all clean and tidy. We felt it was very expensive for a room of this standard £204 for a triple room on a room only basis! It was very handy for the Waverley Station but I don't know if this would tempt me back.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Katepatt,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback regarding your recent stay with us here at Jurys Inn Edinburgh.

I am hugely disappointed to read the issues you experienced with the bathroom, our Accommodation Manager takes great pride in her rooms and I can assure you this is not the norm for us. I would greatly appreciate it if you could contact me directly and inform me of the date you stayed and which room you were staying in, to allow me to investigate this further to ensure it does not occur again in the future.

Katepatt, I do hope we can welcome you back to Jurys Inn Edinburgh and I do hope to hear from you soon.