“Convenient, Clean, Comfortable”

Jurys Inn Edinburgh
Ranked #115 of 151 Hotels in Edinburgh
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Great base for a few days in Edinburgh. Helpful, friendly staff assisted with wifi, printing of boarding passes, use of hotel safe, and early morning checkout. An easy walk from Waverley Bridge where you can take the train or catch the AirLink Bus to the airport. Room featured good views from windows that provided lots of light. The bath was of a good size, with a shower/tub, adequate electrical outlets, and plentiful towels that were snow white, thick, and fluffy. Nice hot water and good water pressure. Comfortable bed ensures a good night's rest---bedding was pristine. Breakfast buffet is available, but the room is very functional rather than charming. I'm sure this first stay will not be my last.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
DeputyGM_JurysInn, Manager at Jurys Inn Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2014

Dear Pamdorica,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the hotel.

I am delighted you found the team here were friendly and helpful and that the hotels facilities met your needs.

Pamdorica, I look forward to welcoming you back to Jurys Inn Edinburgh sometime in the near future.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Well we all know that the hotels are overpriced during the Festival but checking their rates outside of the Festival it seems on my experience that this hotel is overpriced all year round.
It's a great location and I was asked on check in if I wanted a room with a view or one at the back which was quieter which I opted for. The room was a good size in fact there was a double and a large single and the bed I slept in was comfortable but the overall appearance of the room is dated and for these prices drab. And with few of the basics one would expect these days in particular aircon. It was however clean though the bathroom in particular needed an upgrade. I was surprised that my rate didn't include breakfast so I didn't have it but found that even in the coffee bar there was little of the usual choice for a Costa run venue. When I checked if there was room service I was told I could order it and collect it, so no room service then.The other annoying thing is something I find in too many hotels, the noise of the cleaners in the morning not helped by the room doors having close mechanisms which meant they slammed endlessly.
Disappointing and I wouldn't return.

Room Tip: Back rooms are quieter
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank funcen

Dear funcen,

Thank you for taking the time to review your experiences of the hotel.

I am very sorry that you were disappointed with several aspects of your stay. As you have mentioned prices are high during the festival and I can ensure during this time and year round we take great care to ensure our prices are competitive with other hotels in Edinburgh.

I hope you will return to Edinburgh in the near future and please feel free to contact me directly to discuss the about the negative issues of your stay.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

The good things about this hotel are the location is good, the staff were lovely and helpful, the room was very clean, the beds comfortable and the breakfast excellent. Then there are somethings that might just be about the time of travel, during the Edinburgh Fesitval so very expensive, and about the room I had. I was in a room on the 5th floor facing Waverley train station, which is incredibly noisey. Honestly, really really noisey, you can hear every train coming and clanking along the tracks until really late at night , just stops you getting off to sleep. and the bathroom really needed up dating, the bathroom is dated with the grouting very brown and dirty, on tile was broken and mended with some sort of filler, the bath had two holes in near the plug which had been mended with some form of silicon filler, it looks awful, ok for showering but would put me off having a bath. It really needs up dating. So sorry a bit of a mixed review, it wasn't awful just make sure you get a room at teh back and not the front of the hotel, and hopefully one without a broken bath !

Room Tip: Don't choose rooms opposite the train station, there were two of us on business both of us had r...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank SallyWatford

Dear SallyWatford,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your stay with us at Jurys Inn Edinburgh.

I am sorry to hear about the issues with your stay. On check in the reception team will endeavour to offer guests a choice of room either quieter at the back or front facing with a view.

With regards to the bathroom issues Jurys Inn are currently investing in all properties and we look forward to being able to upgrade our bathrooms hear in Edinburgh in the near future.

It is excellent to hear about how much you enjoyed breakfast and how lovely the staff were and I hope these positives will make you think of Jurys Inn Edinburgh on any future visits to the city.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

Loved this hotel and loved the city more....hotel is lovely and in a great location, staff are really friendly, just a short walk to everything, steps up to royal mile just outside reception and from there a short stroll to Edinburgh castle and lots more, railway station is a short walk from hotel

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank linda c
DeputyGM_JurysInn, Manager at Jurys Inn Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Dear linda c,

Thank you for taking the time to write such kind words regarding your stay with us here at Jurys Inn Edinburgh.

The team here endeavour to make our guests feel welcome and comfortable while staying with us and I am delighted this was reflected on your stay.

linda c, I do hope we can welcome you back to Jurys Inn Edinburgh in the near future.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

I recently visited Jurys Inn in Edinburgh and was unfortunately not very well. The housekeeper and staff were wonderful and looked after me brilliantly. Nothing was too much trouble and they checked on me several times, sending up soup etc. I stayed an extra day because of it and the rest of my visit was comfortable and the food great once I was better.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Carolyn M

Dear Carolyn M,

I am terribly sorry that you were not able to enjoy Edinburgh to the full at the beginning of your stay however, thank you for taking the time to post this lovely feedback about the team here at the hotel.

It was great to have you extend your stay for an extra night upon feeling better and I'm so glad the staff were able to make you feel comfortable during your stay.

Carolyn M, On behalf of all the staff we would love to be able to welcome you back to Jurys Inn Edinburgh in the near future and please do not hesitate to contact us at any time should you plan to do so.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

Have just spend 3 Nights in Jurys Inn. Edinburgh is a very Nice city. Good shopping and plenty of restaurants.
The hotel has a good location, just up the stairs and you are on the royal mile.
However,350£ for bed and an average breakfast is way too much.
The staff was very nice gave us good service.
Would stay again if the price drops.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear PivoNorway,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay in Edinburgh with us.

It is excellent to hear that the staff were very nice and that the service at the hotel was good.

With regards to the price, Edinburgh in August during the International & Fringe Festivals is an extremely busy time and I can assure you we take extra care to ensure we are competitively priced compared to Hotels of a similar standard to ourselves.

PivoNorway, I am glad to hear you enjoyed your time in the city of Edinburgh and I do hope we can welcome you back to Jurys Inn Edinburgh in the near future.

Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

I didn't stay in this hotel, however was attracted from the outside for a meal. It looked like just what we was after so we went into the bar.

They was very welcoming, considering we wasn't hotel guests, and the waiters that served us were exceptionally friendly.

We had a nice bottle of wine and the rump steak and it was incredible. Cooked to perfection.

We even had the chocolate fondant afterwards. And we're not normally dessert people.

Overall, it's was so good I had to write about it

A++++

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Rebecca W,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review and I am delighted to hear about your experience with us, It was a pleasure for me to pass this review on to our chef and restaurant team.

Rebecca W, I do hope we can welcome you back to Jurys Inn Edinburgh in the near future, for dinner and a stay in the hotel as well