“Value”

Ranked #79 of 149 Hotels in Edinburgh
Alloa, United Kingdom
“Value”
Reviewed 2 February 2014

Really enjoyed my stay and was impressed by the room in comparison to how cheap it was. Room was clean and tidy - if a bit basic, but for the price that's not an issue.

My only two quibbles were the TV, it didn't have Freeview but some strange Travelodge decided pick of a handful of them, and my grand total of two tea bags. I rationed myself to one cup at night and one in the morning!

I confess to being a little jealous of when I saw a friend's room at another location compared to mine (a choice of teabags, Sky TV and Free Wifi!) and for less than I had paid - albeit at 2 sharing rather than a single room.

Very enjoyable stay and would come again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (176)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 January 2014

Our stay at this hotel was just about right for us. This was as much because we stayed there on the very cheap rate as anything else. However, that said, it made the hotel great value. The location was handy being just off Canongate which is a continuation of the Royal Mile. The rooms were comfortable and tidy with tea and coffee provided. The staff were pleasant and helpful. One minor complaint I had was a lack of means to mop up the shower water overflowing onto the bathroom floor. As the rooms were cleaned every day, it meant, unfortunately, the ladies who cleaned the rooms had to sort it out. I'm only guessing but I think they provided a spare towel in the end for this purpose. What more can I say except that I enjoyed my stay there.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 January 2014

Stayed here for 1 night in jan 2014. This Travelodge is in a great location, offers excellent value for money, rooms basic but clean, beds comfy and most importantly it was quiet at night (unlike the travelodge just off princes st) - what more is there to say?!!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Travelodges are such fantastic value for money. This one is no exception. Great location, friendly approachable staff and all for roughly £50 a night inc a delicious breakfast You can't ask for more than that so we give it excellent for everything

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

San Francisco, California
Reviewed 27 January 2014 via mobile

I paid £25/day (prepaid non-refundable) hostel rate for a nice hotel room. 60m walk to Royal Mile. Friendly staff, quiet, modern and clean. Comfortable bed. On one night I slept 10hrs

I don't think they have twin rooms. Only double room or family rooms. I do believe their double bed is big enough to sleep 2 adults of average sizes.

Please do remember that this is a budget hotel. The room only had a heater. No air-conditioning. The air can get stuffy on a rainy night. There was only 1 tiny soap provided. You need your own hair wash and toothpaste. No free internet. No fridge, safe deposit box or iron.

Breakfast costs about £6/day and includes hot items (bacon, egg, sausage, baked beans and tomato), cereal, bread, jam, coffee and juice.

I'm a solo traveller. I saw they said under 16 y o can stay free with paying adults. Kids can eat breakfast free with paying adults.

Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
TravelodgeUK, Amy from Customer Services at Travelodge Edinburgh Central, responded to this review, 29 January 2014
We are pleased to learn you found our staff to be friendly and our rooms to be clean committedmacysfan. We are however sorry to learn you were unhappy that the room did not provide you with the additional items you would have expected on this occasion. We do not offer things like irons and deposit boxes as a brand standard; however irons may be borrowed from reception on a first come first serve basis. We also do not provide toiletries, however we will have a vending machine at reception which will contain toiletries should you have forgotten any items. This is so we can continue to offer our competitive rates.
North East England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 January 2014

Stayed here for an overnight stay whilst meeting a friend. Situated just off the royal mile on a quiet little street filled with restaurants, boutiques shops and artisan shortbread shop.
Great welcome upon arrival and a speedy check in. We were issued a room at the end of the 2nd floor, which was lovely and quiet and a large corner room.
The new bed had a delightful mattress which was at least 13 inches deep and gorgeous fluffy pillows. There was also two additional beds in the room which had mattresses of a similar quality.
We didn't go down for breakfast as had a lazy morning but travelodge breakfasts tend to be the same wherever you stay.
All in all a great travelodge and I would recommend to anyone.

Blessington
Reviewed 24 January 2014

We spent three nights at this hotel in Jan. My husband, me and our 5 yr old boy.Lovely spacious family room, clean bathroom, ultra comfy bed. The amenities are what you would expect from a budget hotel but the size of the room and the fantastic location more than made up for lack of 'smellies' in bathroom. Lots of fluffy towels, kettle, tv with lots of channels, fab bed, loads of room, friendly, helpful staff. in short can't praise highly enough. If Travelodge maintain these standards for these prices they'll take over the world!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family