Travelodge Edinburgh Central
US$611
Hotels.com
US$125
  • Restaurant
Murrayfield Hotel and House(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$122
US$181
US$209
US$194
1,837 results
All reviewsroyal milegreat locationst mary's streettravel lodgeroom was cleanfamily roombudget hotelscottish parliamenttrain stationshower curtainfew minutes walkwould stay againbuffet breakfaststayed here for one nightshort breakreception staffhairdryer
Reviewed 3 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 night's Thu to Sun at the end of Jan.

Have not used Travelodge for some time now as standards seemed to slip In both cleanliness and maintenance.

Pleasantly surprised by the fresher image , king size bed, clean room, nicer decor helpful staff, seems like someone has got hold of what had became a jaded brand and has shaken it up!

I am from a hotel and catering background and also work for a branded company, have to say well done , let's hope this continues throughout the brand.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank bradford99
Reviewed 3 February 2014

We spent 2 nights here this past weekend and we couldn't fault it. The accommodation was basic but the staff were excellent.
There was no problem too big or too small and I had to praise them for that.
Unfortunately I didn't get the name of the lady in reception that helped me out yesterday morning but she went out of her way to assist me and it made our stay all the relaxing.
I would certainly return here if ever visiting Edinburgh for the same kind of holiday.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 February 2014

Really enjoyed my stay and was impressed by the room in comparison to how cheap it was. Room was clean and tidy - if a bit basic, but for the price that's not an issue.

My only two quibbles were the TV, it didn't have Freeview but some strange Travelodge decided pick of a handful of them, and my grand total of two tea bags. I rationed myself to one cup at night and one in the morning!

I confess to being a little jealous of when I saw a friend's room at another location compared to mine (a choice of teabags, Sky TV and Free Wifi!) and for less than I had paid - albeit at 2 sharing rather than a single room.

Very enjoyable stay and would come again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 January 2014

Our stay at this hotel was just about right for us. This was as much because we stayed there on the very cheap rate as anything else. However, that said, it made the hotel great value. The location was handy being just off Canongate which is a continuation of the Royal Mile. The rooms were comfortable and tidy with tea and coffee provided. The staff were pleasant and helpful. One minor complaint I had was a lack of means to mop up the shower water overflowing onto the bathroom floor. As the rooms were cleaned every day, it meant, unfortunately, the ladies who cleaned the rooms had to sort it out. I'm only guessing but I think they provided a spare towel in the end for this purpose. What more can I say except that I enjoyed my stay there.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 January 2014

Stayed here for 1 night in jan 2014. This Travelodge is in a great location, offers excellent value for money, rooms basic but clean, beds comfy and most importantly it was quiet at night (unlike the travelodge just off princes st) - what more is there to say?!!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge