Background - middle age bloke on one night business trip.
Expectations - clean, friendly.
Experience - firstly location, this was spot on but this is area I wished to stay therefore that's why I booked it. Arrival was not perfect as had a very long day and person at reception was unable to book me in so had to wait a while until proper receptionist arrived. Having said this I had a nice chat with non trained person and was offered a cup of coffee. Staff were very friendly though.
I was given a very large room with a double and two singles which was far too much for me on my own! Not to worry.
The room however was spotless with loads of quirkiness to it and some really nice touches as many have mentioned in other reviews. Bathroom fab with nice toiletries which matters to me as cant carry these things around whilst taking flights with flight bag only. Shower was superb. Nice there was loads of plug points for my laptop and phones and was able to do some work at the well laid out desk with quick and free wifi - yippee.
Breakfast was superb as well.
I stayed on a cold early week night in room over beer garden and had an early night. I can imagine it might be noisy at busier times but can only go on my experience in that it was absolutely silent.
Only recommendation is that there could be better guidance provided by staff on arrival about things like breakfast times and checkout as there was no info in my room. A nice pack that explains ethos of hotel as well as the website does.
Despite the slight niggles this in no way prevents me from giving five stars given the price paid as well. Proof of any stay is that I would definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At STAY central we aim a little bit higher than just providing you with a good night's sleep. We have 37 fresh and refurbished bedrooms perfect for 2 to share or bedrooms for up to 6 guests. We like to look after you and free Wi-Fi is a must for our guests. Each of our lovely bedrooms have large flat screen TV's, iPod docks, rain fall style showers to get lathered up in and lots of little extras you won't expect. Located in the heart of Edinburgh's eclectic Cowgate surrounding the famous lively Three Sisters bar, STAY Central is a short stroll from everywhere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Priceline, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Stay Central Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Tailors Hall
- Tailors Hall Hotel Edinburgh
- Stay Central Hotel Edinburgh, Scotland