“Delivered Above Expectations”

Ranked #44 of 148 Hotels in Edinburgh
Cowbridge, United Kingdom
“Delivered Above Expectations”
Reviewed 10 December 2013

Background - middle age bloke on one night business trip.
Expectations - clean, friendly.
Experience - firstly location, this was spot on but this is area I wished to stay therefore that's why I booked it. Arrival was not perfect as had a very long day and person at reception was unable to book me in so had to wait a while until proper receptionist arrived. Having said this I had a nice chat with non trained person and was offered a cup of coffee. Staff were very friendly though.
I was given a very large room with a double and two singles which was far too much for me on my own! Not to worry.
The room however was spotless with loads of quirkiness to it and some really nice touches as many have mentioned in other reviews. Bathroom fab with nice toiletries which matters to me as cant carry these things around whilst taking flights with flight bag only. Shower was superb. Nice there was loads of plug points for my laptop and phones and was able to do some work at the well laid out desk with quick and free wifi - yippee.
Breakfast was superb as well.
I stayed on a cold early week night in room over beer garden and had an early night. I can imagine it might be noisy at busier times but can only go on my experience in that it was absolutely silent.
Only recommendation is that there could be better guidance provided by staff on arrival about things like breakfast times and checkout as there was no info in my room. A nice pack that explains ethos of hotel as well as the website does.
Despite the slight niggles this in no way prevents me from giving five stars given the price paid as well. Proof of any stay is that I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: I can imagine this place could be noisy during busy times which is great if want to party. If not ma...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
VenueGeneralManager, General Manager at Stay Central Hotel, responded to this review, 18 December 2013
Hi Socialentrepreneur,

What a great review – it’s fantastic to hear such positive feedback about our new hotel :-)

I hope we can welcome you back again – please get in touch if you are returning to Edinburgh and we will sort you out with the best returner rate!

Best Wishes,

Rachel & The STAY Central Hotel Team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (269)
  • Polish first