Stay Central Hotel
US$375
US$334
  • Restaurant
Ibis Edinburgh Centre Royal Mile(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$193
  • Room Service
US$245
US$221
  • Pool
Cairn Hotel Edinburgh(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$186
US$108
  • Bar/Lounge
Apex City of Edinburgh Hotel(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$164
US$152
1,683 results
All reviewsthree sistersxl roomroyal miletunnocks tea cakesipod dockrainfall showerquiet roomlittle touchesbreakfast is servedgreat showeramazing hotelbottled waterwould definitely stay here againbathroom doorgrass marketgreat roomfringe festival
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 December 2013 via mobile

This is hotel is so well designed, beds are so comfortable, staff is so kind and friendly, showers are excellent and in some rooms you even have a play station. But why oh why do they run a noisy pub just below the rooms. It's a misnomer really, hotels are meant to be places for rest, but here, the loud bass and music play on without a worry in the world until 2am. A real pity really because this has great potential to be one of the best hotels in the City of only they gave up their schizophrenic noisy and loud size for a more peaceful, serene and quiet experience. A spa could maybe replace that noisy pub dear landlord!

Stayed: October 2013
3  Thank InfiniteTravellers
VenueGeneralManager, General Manager at Stay Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2013

Hi InfiniteTravellers,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your recent stay with us – we appreciate all the feedback we receive from our guests.

I’m pleased to hear you enjoyed the newly refurbished rooms we have on offer.

Unfortunately due to our city centre location, some of our rooms can be affected by noise on the weekend. We do have quiet rooms available upon request, and we try to accommodate all guest requests wherever possible.

Reviewed 16 December 2013

my friend and I stayed at this hotel last weekend, it was great beautifully renovated room with a huge bathroom. all lovely and clean. Ali on reception was very friendly and helpful. Full breakfast in bar attached. Our room was at the back so it was lovely and quiet.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Yorkshiremoonbeam,

It’s great to hear such fantastic feedback about our brand new hotel product, and I am so pleased that you chose to write a review to share your experience with future guests!

I do hope you will come back and see us again soon; please contact us directly to ensure you receive the best returner rate.

Rachel & The STAY Central Hotel Team

Reviewed 15 December 2013

I was attending a conference in that area of Edinburgh, had time to spare on arrival the night before the event to get to a hotel but didn`t want to travel far first thing in the morning so I searched for a reasonably priced hotel in this area. The Stay Central was less than 4 hundred yards from the conference, was keenly priced and looked fine on the internet.
The hotel is a wee bit off the beaten track yet close to the main street. It`s not very well sign-posted but I had used the AA route-finder to find my way from the bus station. Nevertheless I almost walked right past it.
I stayed on a Wednesday night which was guiet but there is a lovely courtyard which my room overlooked and I suspect it could possibly be noisy at weekends.
The room I was assigned was a family room bit it and the en-suite shower room were immaculately clean and had everything I needed, including two large TV screens!!! Tea-coffee with marshmallows to eat, loads of pillows extra blankets which were not required as it was warm enough and a safe in the wardrobe.
Breakfast was included and there was a good choice. I chose the full Scottish which came with coffee/tea and toast and was more than adequate.
An evening pint of beer in the bar was a bit pricey but is probably normal for Edinburgh.
I was phoned a few days before to check if there was any help that could be offered and that was nice. I enjoyed the whole experience and rate it as one of my best overnight hotel stays.

Room Tip: Perhaps be aware of the possibility of the courtyard being noisy on warm evenings or weekends...but I can`t say for definite...it may be absolutely peaceful and quiet.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Alastair,

What a great review – it’s fantastic to hear such positive feedback about our new hotel :-)

I hope we can welcome you back again – please get in touch if you are returning to Edinburgh and we will sort you out with the best returner rate!

Reviewed 14 December 2013

On approach my heart sank as this hotel looked like youth hostel. I was however pleasantly surprised by the quality of finish, cleanliness and stylish decor in the room.
Night time falls and my fears confirmed. Hotel is joined onto a bar/club/meat market blasting out music. If you expect a hotel where you can sleep...don't stay here. If you want to party all night and have somewhere to crash then do stay here.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Awakeinedinburgh

Hi Awakeinedinburgh,

I’m pleased to hear you enjoyed the newly refurbished rooms we have on offer.

Reviewed 11 December 2013 via mobile

On a business trip to Scotland with 3 of my colleagues, we decided to "rough it" in a hostel... How wrong we were.
There is nothing rough about stay central (except the non-working air con). And it was truly a pleasure for the four of us to share a room.
More spa style than hostel. Would definitely recommend, especially at £81 per night for 4 people)

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Hi Wj,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review of your recent stay with us – we really appreciate all the feedback we receive from our guests :-)

We hope to welcome you back again next time you are in Edinburgh!

Rachel & The STAY Central Team