“All you need”

Stay Central Hotel
Ranked #44 of 147 Hotels in Edinburgh
“All you need”
Reviewed 19 February 2014

Stayed for a Sunday night. Warm and friendly welcome when we arrived, great looking, clean room with ample tea and coffee provision. Hotel is perfectly placed just 2 mins from Royal Mile and close to bars, cafés etc. Excellent value and it included a really tasty, freshly cooked breakfast. Would definitely return.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank JAM1962
VenueGeneralManager, General Manager at Stay Central Hotel, responded to this review, 21 February 2014
Hi Jam1962,

It's great to hear you enjoyed your Sunday stay with us here in Edinburgh, and that you took the time to leave us a review :-)

Thank you so much for your kind comments, we are looking forward to welcoming you back again!

Rachel Duff

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (268)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Brilliant hotel, really quirky style and interesting features, staff were very friendly and happy to chat. Only downside was it was noisy at night time from the nearby pubs and bars.
But I would definitely stay here again, great place.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Central E, Manager at Stay Central Hotel, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Hi glasgowgal2014,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us such a fantastic review. I will ensure that your lovely comments are passed along to the staff.

We do have quiet rooms available upon request. Be sure to book direct and ask for one when joining us again.

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon,

Karen & The STAY Central Team
Colchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 February 2014 via mobile

I stayed at Stay Central last night and just had to write a review for them - they offer incredible value in Central Edinburgh for a brilliant price. I paid 37 pounds for my room - I stayed as a single person but I was given a room with two double beds in it.

The decor was great - contemporary, simple but comfortable. Brilliant amenities in the room. No bog-standard tea and coffee making facilities here - it was a Nespresso machine, a Russell Hobbs kettle, lots of lovely tea and coffee and Tunnock`s Tea Cakes!

The room had a large flat-screen tv and Sky HD, as well as an ipod dock with speakers in the room and bathroom. It also had a self-programmable safe which was free and a great touch.

The bedding was comfortable and there were plenty of towels provided.

My favourite thing by far was the bathroom - funky black and white striped tiling, great toiletries and the MOST AMAZING rain shower I have ever been in.

The staff were so kind and helpful - nothing was any trouble and they were happy to order taxis for me.

I also opted to pre-pay 5 pounds for the breakfast in The Three Sisters and am glad I did - their Full Scottish was great and was served with lovely fresh coffee.

I wholeheartedly recommend Stay Central and I hope to be back soon.

Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank HFT13
Central E, General Manager at Stay Central Hotel, responded to this review, 15 February 2014
Hi HFT13,

Wow, what a lovely review! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with our future guests - we really appreciate it :-)

I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed all aspects of your recent stay with us here in Edinburgh; we also love the showers - they are a treat after Running Club!

Please come back and see us again soon - keep in touch for the best returner rate.

Best Wishes

Rachel & The STAY Central Hotel Team
Reviewed 14 February 2014 via mobile

What a gem !! Amazing stay. Room is superb, attention to detail, friendly staff, fantastic breakfast and great location. Could not complain about anything other than the bar was very quiet in the middle of the week.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank darrenennis
Hi Darren,

Thanks for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review about your recent stay with us here in Edinburgh!

It's fantastic to hear you appreciated the attention to detail throughout the hotel, the staff and the breakfast offered in The 3 Sisters :-)

I hope we can welcome you back again soon!

Henley-on-Thames, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 February 2014

Well done Stay - a real find. Quirky, contemporary hotel with friendly staff. Gave me a great recommendation for a local curry house, you've got to try Mother India! Sorry...I digress. Room exactly what I was after. Comfy bed, flat screen with sky, shower that drenches you all for a very reasonable late booking price. Couldn't fault it.

Room Tip: I have heard that the hotel can be noisy at times what with the great big pub downstairs. Ask for a...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank BRP2020
VenueGeneralManager, General Manager at Stay Central Hotel, responded to this review, 14 February 2014
Hi BRP2020,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a fantastic review of your stay with us here in Edinburgh - it's great to hear such positive feedback about our wee place!

I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed the room facilities and, of course, Mother India - I am still craving a visit for the Machi Massala Fish after discussing it with you in Reception!

I hope we can welcome you back again soon; please get in touch direct for the best returner rate :-)

Reviewed 11 February 2014

Just an overall really cool, friendly place. The staff went over and beyond for us especially one member of staff ALI who was at the reception desk there was nothing she wouldnt do for us! The rooms were fab with huge showers, beds as comfortable as marshmallows and cutsey little icons on all doors and walls. It's was only 15 minutes walk to the city,I would highly recommended this to anybody! Well done stay central :)

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank bexsdee
VenueGeneralManager, General Manager at Stay Central Hotel, responded to this review, 13 February 2014
Hi bexsdee,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a great review about your recent stay with us here in Edinburgh!

It’s great to hear you enjoyed our newly refurbished rooms, breakfast and our fantastic staff – Ally will be touched that you have mentioned her personally :-)

Please let us know if you will be returning and we will sort you out with a fantastic returners rate.

Hope to see you again soon,

Rachel & The STAY Central Team
Reviewed 10 February 2014

I stayed here with my boyf for a birthday weekend in Edinburgh. The hotel is fantastic - rooms are clean, spacious and the facilities (tea and coffee, ipod dock that plays in the shower, tv and bathroom is lush) are excellent. Right next door to the Three Sisters pub which essentially turns into a club in the night - we heard no noise at all from our room but I cant speak for all the rooms. We ordered a bucket of beer to have on arrival and had breakfast both days. The second day we had it delivered to our bedroom! Everyone is very lovely and welcoming and I would 100% stay here again. Location fab too! Cant wait to go here again with a group of girls to try out the massive rooms!

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank DrRhiannon
Hi DrRhiannon,

Thanks for taking the time to leave such a fantastic review of your stay with us; we really appreciate all the feedback we receive from our guests!

It’s great to hear your trip to Edinburgh was such a success and I hope you had a fantastic Birthday Weekend with us :-)

Please get in touch if you are coming back with the girls and we will sort you out with a fantastic rate - you should check out our Private Dorm page for a really special trip with them!

Hope to see you soon,