“Feeling like home”

Ranked #46 of 149 Hotels in Edinburgh
London, United Kingdom
“Feeling like home”
Reviewed 23 February 2014

I stayed at Central for two nights, it was a last minute booking and I was previously impressed by the picture on line and about the young feeling of the website but everything was confirmed once I was there. The hotel is very young and cosy right in the centre of the Old Town. I was welcomed at the reception from a very nice spanish girl that was remembering my name for the following three days...very welcoming and I felt like home. The room was the perfect size with all the comforts. I will definitely come back on my next visit to Edinburgh.

Room Tip: There is a pub downstairs but luckily my room was facing the back yard and I stayed during the week.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank David M
VenueGeneralManager, General Manager at Stay Central Hotel, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
Hi Davide M,

Thank you so much for your great feedback! We're happy to hear that you had such a wonderful time.

Our staff are the main reason we have such a fantastic place to spend our time, they really are special. I'm so pleased you found Maria to be welcoming and helpful - she will be touched to have been mentioned personally in your review :-)

Please keep in touch with us, and we will ensure you receive the best returner rate possible!

Don't stay away too long...

Rachel & The STAY Central Team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (277)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 21 February 2014 via mobile

Loved the cute Stay Central, concurrently located in central Edinburgh next to everywhere you'd want to go. The room my friend and I shared had 2 twin/single beds and was very comfortable. The bathroom had a glass door, so that was the only weird thing, but o'well. Drink enough at the pubs and who cares?!?! Make sure you ask for a quiet room as there is a pub below that gets pretty loud. Very cool atmosphere, reminded me of The Ace Hotel, but I think I liked Stay Central even better.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Wanderlustgo
VenueGeneralManager, General Manager at Stay Central Hotel, responded to this review, 21 February 2014
Hi Wanderlustgo,

Thanks for the fantastic review - it's great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us so much :-)

It's lovely to be compared to The Ace Hotel; we are flattered!

Please keep in touch if you do return to Edinburgh and we will sort you out with a great returner rate... Hope to see you again soon!

Rachel & The STAY Central Team
Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 February 2014

We stayed at the Stay central on a Monday and Tuesday. On arrival we were greeted by Maria who took our bags and was very polite and helpful. She gave us a discount card for local bars and restaurants and recommended the best ones to us. Our room was amazing! we had booked a twin but were over the moon when we walked into our XL room with a double bed each, sink each, fantastic shower, ipod dock which also played into the bathroom and loads of little extras. On both nights we had a great nights sleep and had no complaints about our accommodation at all. We went for the breakfast as we had seen on here that it was only £5 and was apparently well worth it. On our first morning we were very impressed with the service and food. We were greeted and told we could choose whatever we wanted from the menu. We went for the Scottish breakfast and were given toast and preserves while we waited and offered tea and coffee. We were so impressed we paid for breakfast on our second morning however, it was two different members of staff who ignored us when we entered the empty bar. We sat for a couple of minutes while they chatted unlike the previous day when we were attended to straight away. We had to go to the bar ourselves to order. Then we had to ask for toast and drinks as extras. The lady also forgot our drinks so we had to ask again half way through our breakfast. While we were eating the bar staff stood at the far end of the bar as to avoid us, as the bar was almost empty I felt this was a little rude and no excuse for the terrible service. We also heard staff scraping burnt toast them seen them serve it to another table. I would definitely stay here again but go elsewhere for breakfast.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank kathrynj84
Hi Kathryn,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us here in Edinburgh; we really appreciate it :-)

I’m so pleased to hear you found Maria to be so helpful – she will be delighted that you mentioned her personally, and I can’t wait to show her your kind words!

It’s equally fantastic to hear such positive feedback about our recently refurbished rooms – we are touched that you thought they were amazing!

I am disappointed that your breakfast experience at The Three Sisters was not consistent or up to the standard that we expect for our guests. Thank you for bringing the issues you experienced to my attention, and I will discuss them in full with the Bar’s General Manager.

Please let us know when you are returning and we can provide you with the best returner rate; we also have offers available on our Facebook page!

Looking forward to seeing you again soon,

Rachel & The Stay Central Team
Falkirk District, Scotland
Reviewed 20 February 2014

my husband and I stayed in a double room last night and had a fantastic stay. Hotel is in a great central location and the staff are really helpful and friendly. Room was really comfortable and quirky with everything you could possibly want. The rainfall shower was amazing I didn't want to come out of it this morning. The £5 breakfast is a complete steal. We would definitely stay again and would bring our 6 year old, who would love it too. Thanks for a great stay.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank LCurr
Hello LCurr!

Thank you for the kind words about your recent stay with us here in Edinburgh, we really appreciate them :-)

It's great to hear you found the rooms comfortable (and the showers amazing!) and we can't wait for you to come back and visit again - please stay in touch to receive the best returner rate or check us out on facebook for special offers!

See you soon,

Rachel & The STAY Central Hotel Team
Reviewed 19 February 2014

Stayed for a Sunday night. Warm and friendly welcome when we arrived, great looking, clean room with ample tea and coffee provision. Hotel is perfectly placed just 2 mins from Royal Mile and close to bars, cafés etc. Excellent value and it included a really tasty, freshly cooked breakfast. Would definitely return.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank JAM1962
Hi Jam1962,

It's great to hear you enjoyed your Sunday stay with us here in Edinburgh, and that you took the time to leave us a review :-)

Thank you so much for your kind comments, we are looking forward to welcoming you back again!

Best Wishes,

Rachel Duff
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Brilliant hotel, really quirky style and interesting features, staff were very friendly and happy to chat. Only downside was it was noisy at night time from the nearby pubs and bars.
But I would definitely stay here again, great place.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Central E, Manager at Stay Central Hotel, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Hi glasgowgal2014,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us such a fantastic review. I will ensure that your lovely comments are passed along to the staff.

We do have quiet rooms available upon request. Be sure to book direct and ask for one when joining us again.

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon,

Karen & The STAY Central Team
Colchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 February 2014 via mobile

I stayed at Stay Central last night and just had to write a review for them - they offer incredible value in Central Edinburgh for a brilliant price. I paid 37 pounds for my room - I stayed as a single person but I was given a room with two double beds in it.

The decor was great - contemporary, simple but comfortable. Brilliant amenities in the room. No bog-standard tea and coffee making facilities here - it was a Nespresso machine, a Russell Hobbs kettle, lots of lovely tea and coffee and Tunnock`s Tea Cakes!

The room had a large flat-screen tv and Sky HD, as well as an ipod dock with speakers in the room and bathroom. It also had a self-programmable safe which was free and a great touch.

The bedding was comfortable and there were plenty of towels provided.

My favourite thing by far was the bathroom - funky black and white striped tiling, great toiletries and the MOST AMAZING rain shower I have ever been in.

The staff were so kind and helpful - nothing was any trouble and they were happy to order taxis for me.

I also opted to pre-pay 5 pounds for the breakfast in The Three Sisters and am glad I did - their Full Scottish was great and was served with lovely fresh coffee.

I wholeheartedly recommend Stay Central and I hope to be back soon.

Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank HFT13
Central E, General Manager at Stay Central Hotel, responded to this review, 15 February 2014
Hi HFT13,

Wow, what a lovely review! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with our future guests - we really appreciate it :-)

I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed all aspects of your recent stay with us here in Edinburgh; we also love the showers - they are a treat after Running Club!

Please come back and see us again soon - keep in touch for the best returner rate.

Best Wishes