Stay Central Hotel
US$129
US$125
HotelIndigo.com
  • Restaurant
Murrayfield Hotel and House(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$122
Agoda.com
US$185
US$167
1,692 results
All reviewsthree sistersxl roomroyal miletunnocks tea cakesipod dockrainfall showerquiet roomlittle touchesbreakfast is servedgreat showeramazing hotelbottled waterwould definitely stay here againbathroom doorgrass marketgreat roomfringe festival
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Found this hotel by chance, and it was very good for our first stay in Edinburgh. As it's name suggests it's very central to everything. Our room was very modern and somewhat quirky in a good way. The shower was amazing. Also toiletries were a nice bonus. The staff were very helpful especially Rachel and nothing was too much trouble. We asked for extra towels and quilts which she found for us. A nice surprise was the Nespresso coffee machine and the chocolate tea cakes! Will definitely use this hotel again. Breakfast booked the night before is only £5 and includes full cooked breakfast and tea/coffee and toast with marmalade

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank ABunn57
VenueGeneralManager, General Manager at Stay Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2014

Hi ABunn,

Thank you for writing such a fantastic review of your stay with us over the weekend - it was an absolute pleasure having you and your daughter stay with us!

I'm so pleased you enjoyed your time in Edinburgh (even the prospect of hiking) and I'm happy that we got to play a part in that.

As I said before you left; please keep in touch and let us know if you are returning and we will take care of everything for you :-)

Hope to see you guys again soon,

Reviewed 24 February 2014

if you're looking for reviews on stay central do yourself a favor and ignore the ones before the revamp as they don't do it justice. We asked for a quiet room and got just that, even with a party in the pub and the window open it was still quiet. The room was fantastic and the kids loved the bunk beds with their own TVs, the i-pod dock is a nice touch and I didn't want to leave the bathroom cos the shower was amazing. Maria was so helpful, nothing was too much trouble, all this on top of the location it's walking distance to everywhere.....well climbing distance but Edinburgh doesn't do flat surfaces

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank roofybird
VenueGeneralManager, General Manager at Stay Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

Hi roofybird,

Thank you so much for your lovely review - it's too nice :-)

I'm so pleased you loved the rooms (and the amazing showers!) and Maria will be so pleased to see you have mentioned her personally - I can't wait to show her your kind words!!

Please keep in touch and I hope we will see you again soon!

Rachel & The STAY Central Hotel Team

Reviewed 23 February 2014

I like this hotel a lot. It's good value and rooms are modern, smart and comfortable. It's right in the centre of the old town, just where you need it, easy walk to anywhere. Good beds, great shower (very important) and well designed interior. Only niggle, I always have an issue with the TV. But I'll always stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank simont66

Hi Simon,

Thanks for the great review of your stay with us here in Edinburgh :-)

It's great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us; we aim for all our guests to enjoy the Hotel just as much as we do!

I'll get our maintenance team to take a look at the TV in the room you were staying in; unfortunately occasionally bad weather can affect the signal to the rooms and this is something we are working on improving.

Hope to see you again soon next time you are in town!

Reviewed 23 February 2014

I stayed at Central for two nights, it was a last minute booking and I was previously impressed by the picture on line and about the young feeling of the website but everything was confirmed once I was there. The hotel is very young and cosy right in the centre of the Old Town. I was welcomed at the reception from a very nice spanish girl that was remembering my name for the following three days...very welcoming and I felt like home. The room was the perfect size with all the comforts. I will definitely come back on my next visit to Edinburgh.

Room Tip: There is a pub downstairs but luckily my room was facing the back yard and I stayed during the week.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank David M

Hi Davide M,

Thank you so much for your great feedback! We're happy to hear that you had such a wonderful time.

Our staff are the main reason we have such a fantastic place to spend our time, they really are special. I'm so pleased you found Maria to be welcoming and helpful - she will be touched to have been mentioned personally in your review :-)

Please keep in touch with us, and we will ensure you receive the best returner rate possible!

Don't stay away too long...

Reviewed 21 February 2014 via mobile

Loved the cute Stay Central, concurrently located in central Edinburgh next to everywhere you'd want to go. The room my friend and I shared had 2 twin/single beds and was very comfortable. The bathroom had a glass door, so that was the only weird thing, but o'well. Drink enough at the pubs and who cares?!?! Make sure you ask for a quiet room as there is a pub below that gets pretty loud. Very cool atmosphere, reminded me of The Ace Hotel, but I think I liked Stay Central even better.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Wanderlustgo
VenueGeneralManager, General Manager at Stay Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2014

Hi Wanderlustgo,

Thanks for the fantastic review - it's great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us so much :-)

It's lovely to be compared to The Ace Hotel; we are flattered!

Please keep in touch if you do return to Edinburgh and we will sort you out with a great returner rate... Hope to see you again soon!