“Everything was excellent”
Review of Stay Central Hotel

Stay Central Hotel
Ranked #44 of 150 Hotels in Edinburgh
Reviewed 7 March 2014

Friendly comfortable and clean what more could you ask for.
Hot chocolate on arrival is a great welcome
Loved the special touch with the Tunnocks tea cakes
The breakfast portions were huge and very delicious.
All staff were very helpfull.
Would highly recommend this to my friends.

• Stayed: March 2014
VenueGeneralManager, General Manager at Stay Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2014

Hi Bigmy60,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us here in Edinburgh, we really appreciate it!

It’s fantastic to hear you enjoyed the rooms, breakfast, staff and, of course, our arrival hot chocolate :-)

There are newer reviews for Stay Central Hotel

Reviewed 7 March 2014

We booked this place on the basis that it looked like really good value. Our impressions from the website were good, but the website and reviews that we read really don't do this place justice. The staff were all friendly and helpful. We requested an early check in. When we arrived, freezing cold, we were offered a hot chocolate, given a map and shown to our room. The rooms are fantastic, quirky little touches like the ipod with speakers in both the bedroom and bathroom ceiling. The beds are super comfy, with crisp cotton linen, and the decor is funky and fresh. Nothing was too much trouble throughout our stay, and a birthday card and small box of chocolates appeared the first night of our stay as a small happy birthday gift to my partner from the staff.

We will definitely be returning, next time in the big dorm room with a bunch of friends and family. Cool, quirky, sophisticated but not smug. Probably has the potential to be busy and noisy at the weekends, which we wouldn't mind as we would likely be in the thick of it!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank katealldred

Hi Kate,

Wow, thank you for the lovely review of your recent stay with us; we are flattered!

I am so pleased to hear that you and Hayley had a fantastic stay with us for her birthday, that you found the staff to be friendly and helpful. It’s great to hear such positive feedback about the recently refurbished rooms, and that you appreciate the wee touches throughout :-)

Please keep in touch, and let us know when you do return so we can ensure you receive the best returner rate!

Rachel Duff

Reviewed 5 March 2014

The staff was very kind and the room very nice. I really liked the decor and the iPod dock in the wall with which you could listen to music in the whole room! Everything was great and they even knew my name when I got to the reception! I definitely suggest it for everyone :)

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank George S

Hi George,

Thanks for the fantastic review!

It’s so great to hear you enjoyed your time with us here in Edinburgh and that you found the staff to be kind and helpful :-)

Please come back again soon!

Rachel & The STAY Central Hotel Team

Reviewed 5 March 2014

I booked the hotel on account of the reviews on trip advisor, so I hope this is equally helpful. I stayed with my best friend and this is definitely a hotel for groups, although I can only comment on our stay which was a Friday and Saturday evening. Although the hotel was obviously popular with hen and stag do's we hardly saw any other guests. The bedroom was large (Room 310), with two single beds and a day bed, plus a large bathroom with an amazing shower. Plentiful coffee, tea, milk and sugar in the room and a full size kettle rather than a travel one like you get in most hotels. The Three Sisters pub/club next door we thought was brilliant, and ended up in there on both evenings, dancing the night away, but you would not have known this was on the doorstep as our room was so peaceful! You can even buy hotel memorabilia to remember your stay. I would definitely return to this hotel.

Room Tip: If you are wanting a good nights sleep then ask for a quiet room. There is an extremely lively pub...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Hi MrsR252010,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a lovely review of your recent stay with us here in Edinburgh; we really appreciate it!

It sounds like you and your friend had a fantastic trip and I will pass on your superb feedback to The Three Sisters management team :-)

Please let us know when you are returning and we will ensure you receive a fantastic returner rate.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

The staff are friendly , printed my boarding passes for me, put extra tea , milk ect in room , clean towels every day , shower gel , shampoo and soap on arrival , close to Edinburgh castle and princess street , Holyrood palace ect. Breakfast with great at only £5 per person in the three sisters pub next door , really polite staff, will be back with my family of six the next time I visit Edinburgh .

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
VenueGeneralManager, General Manager at Stay Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

Hi Maria,

I am so pleased to hear that you had such a great stay with us, and it is fantastic that you chose to leave such a positive review about your experience :-)

I do hope you will return to Edinburgh with your family; if you contact us directly we will be able to provide you with a great returner rate!

Reviewed 3 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed in stay central as my boyfriend had bought me tickets to see war horse. The receptionist was extremely friendly on arrival offering us a complimentary hot chocolate. I had asked for a quiet room due to some previous reviews which they had reserved for me. Room was modern, clean and full of all the mod cons you could ask for! We decided to book the breakfast for £5 each which was extremely reasonable. Location was great within walking distance of the castle and also the festival theatre. Would def recommend and book again if ever in edinburgh, fantastic hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Steps84

Hi Steps84,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a great review of your recent stay with us here in Edinburgh :-)

It's fantastic to hear such positive feedback about our brand new refurbished hotel; and I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed many aspects of your visit.

Please get in touch directly if you are looking to return and we will provide you with a great returner rate!

Rachel & The STAY Central Hotel Team

Reviewed 3 March 2014

Stayed here overnight for a recent business trip and thought it was great. Very clean, modern and quirky. Not much of a view, but the room was so nice it really didn't matter. Had a nice quiet room - think it probably gets quite lively with the pub next door, but for mid-week business it was great. Staff delightful. I will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: staff told me that I should ask for a quiet room if on business and not looking to party!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Hi KMD57,

Thank you so much for the fantastic review of your recent stay with us here in Edinburgh :-)

I'm so pleased you enjoyed you stay and found the staff to be delightful; we pride ourselves on our fantastic customer service!

Please keep in touch,