Me and my friends went here for my 21st birthday and it was absolutely perfect.
We did have problems with the TV and one of the sinks but we weren't too concerned about this and reported it at the end of our stay. The staff were all absolutely lovely and always called a taxi for us if we requested one and did their best to answer our questions (like when we were looking for a good pub that did all day breakfasts (biddy mulligan's did a pretty great one)).
We were in room 202 and couldn't hear much noise from below but we were out a lot of the night. stay central added a nice touch by placing a mini box of chocolates and a card in my room for it being my birthday and even blew up all the balloons and hung the banners my friends had sent in advance. it was really perfect.
The room did have a funky design and the wardrobe space gave us plenty of room to tuck away our things and the hairdryer that came with the room was actually pretty good rather than the sorry excuses you normally get in hotels.The shower in the room is by far the best I've ever used and the Ipod docking station plays in both the room and bathroom on a total of 4 speakers which was pretty cool. the beds were pretty comfy though the pillows were duck feathers I believe which may not be to everyone's taste but it was still a good nights sleep and quite generous in the quality of bedding. the tea and coffee making facilities were also cute but very functional and plentiful and there was even bottled still and sparkling water which not every hotel offers. Despite it being an old building the room was also rather warm always. there were plenty of little extras like the "Take a selfie here" sign on the elevator mirror or the messages on the doors "hello is it me you're looking for" or "enter to the land of nod." or even the tunnocks tea cakes in the mugs for the tea.
Dinner at the three sisters was rather nice as well, not too varied a choice but what's there is good and they have some of the best chips and BBQ sauce I've ever tasted.
They were even very reasonable whenever me and my friends were late checking out and offered to put our bags to the side for us to collect later.
All in all, one of the best hotels I've ever stayed in and a good location too. I will definitely look into staying with them again if I ever spend another night in Edinburgh.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At STAY central we aim a little bit higher than just providing you with a good night's sleep. We have 37 fresh and refurbished bedrooms perfect for 2 to share or bedrooms for up to 6 guests. We like to look after you and free Wi-Fi is a must for our guests. Each of our lovely bedrooms have large flat screen TV's, iPod docks, rain fall style showers to get lathered up in and lots of little extras you won't expect. Located in the heart of Edinburgh's eclectic Cowgate surrounding the famous lively Three Sisters bar, STAY Central is a short stroll from everywhere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Stay Central Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Tailors Hall
- Tailors Hall Hotel Edinburgh
- Stay Central Hotel Edinburgh, Scotland