I never review anything. Ever. I never feel the need. However, STAY is worthy of such an esteemed review.
Upon arrival, the staff were incredibly friendly (they were also very friendly when I called ahead to ask about parking, which I will mention towards the end) and were brilliant in explaining the services provided etc.
When we eventually got to the room, an 's' which as a couple suited us well ('s' is recommended for couples, 'm' for platonic travellers), there was tea and coffee waiting for us, which was a welcome relief after a 4 hour drive.
The styling of a room was right up our street... Granted I'm a bit of a hipster, but I'm sure anybody would find it brilliant, and the cleanliness was faultless. The in-built iPod docking station was a nice touch, after all, who doesn't like music in the shower?
The hotel maid was incredibly quick, as our room had been tidied in the small space of time we had left for breakfast one morning. This does, however bring me on to the one downside of STAY, which is actually quite indirect; The Three Sisters pub which shares the courtyard and supplies breakfast to STAY guests. Whilst the breakfast wasn't terrible, it also wasn't great (I promise it wasn't due to me tasting haggis for the first time and hating it), however for £6 per head you can't really argue.
Location wise, STAY is brilliant and smack bang in the middle of old town, just off grass market. So for the guys, there's a Brewdog next door, for the girls there's shopping just over North Bridge, and for everybody else, there's Edinburgh. If you like cocktails, I'd really recommend you try out 'Under the stairs' on Merchant street!
As mentioned earlier; parking. Whilst STAY don't have their own on site parking, they do recommend an ncp parking garage at £25 per day, which is hilarious, so I'd recommend you park at the end of queen's drive, which is free.
Overall STAY is very deserving of the rating I have given it, and I shall certainly be visiting again a couple times this year, both with the lads for a messy one, and with my girlfriend for a romantic one. Thanks STAY team, you were great.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At STAY central we aim a little bit higher than just providing you with a good night's sleep. We have 37 fresh and refurbished bedrooms perfect for 2 to share or bedrooms for up to 6 guests. We like to look after you and free Wi-Fi is a must for our guests. Each of our lovely bedrooms have large flat screen TV's, iPod docks, rain fall style showers to get lathered up in and lots of little extras you won't expect. Located in the heart of Edinburgh's eclectic Cowgate surrounding the famous lively Three Sisters bar, STAY Central is a short stroll from everywhere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Stay Central Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Tailors Hall
- Tailors Hall Hotel Edinburgh
- Stay Central Hotel Edinburgh, Scotland