Thinks it is a boutique hotel, but our experience was more posh hostel. Initially the hotel looks inviting & quirky, but there are a number of issues - ROOMS, include mod cons but do not get the basics right. A small double bedroom only had space for 1 reading light, 1 table & a gap 12" along the side of the bed, making it awkward to get out of bed. Additionally the tv reception was very patchy. The main issue is noise - THIS IS A REALLY NOISY HOTEL. What is not stressed that the hotel is attached to a large bar / night club (Three Sisters). First night we returned to Club 18-30s style, stag / hen nights. The music could be heard in a room (which was at the back of the hotel & away from the bar), only muffled with ear plugs & went on until 'late'. The during the following day, loud music started again at lunch time. When I complained, I was told that Saturday night was the 'big' one, today was a food festival which would be finished by 8pm, the noise reduced & offered ear plugs. We returned at 10pm, it had not & continued until 'late'. A number of customers complained about the noise over the course of the weekend. On check out, the other receptionist was more sympathetic & would have moved us to a quieter room, had she been aware. The manager has since been in touch & refunded the cost of the breakfast to compensate. BREAKFAST - this was served in the bar, which smelt strongly of stale beer & bench / table surfaces were all stickly. Service was very disorganised, slow, delayed due to the unexpected large groups. Could not face breakfast on the second day. Dissapointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At STAY central we aim a little bit higher than just providing you with a good night's sleep. We have 37 fresh and refurbished bedrooms perfect for 2 to share or bedrooms for up to 6 guests. We like to look after you and free Wi-Fi is a must for our guests. Each of our lovely bedrooms have large flat screen TV's, iPod docks, rain fall style showers to get lathered up in and lots of little extras you won't expect. Located in the heart of Edinburgh's eclectic Cowgate surrounding the famous lively Three Sisters bar, STAY Central is a short stroll from everywhere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Stay Central Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Tailors Hall
- Tailors Hall Hotel Edinburgh
- Stay Central Hotel Edinburgh, Scotland